How much do you pay per month at your current gym?

Options

Replies

• newhealthykim
    newhealthykim Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    You're not going to believe this, but it's true. I got on with Just Fitness 4 U on a great deal. Pay $34.99/ month for 2 years along with a $55/ year maintenance fee, and then pay only $55/year for life. So now I pay nothing monthly and $55/year. It's great :-). I plan on doing thier personal training at some point, because I really believe in it.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    $300 prepaid for a full year at Gold's.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    My current gym is a pretty small, local establishment..it's mostly a weight lifting facility with a tiny little cardio room. It's 24/7 access and rarely very busy...I love it and it runs me $35 monthly.

I really miss my old gym where we had a family membership for $90 monthly...but it was clear across town and the commute became more and more of a hassle as time went on. It was a great place though...outstanding fitness facility as well as a full indoor gymnasium for basket ball and volley ball, a spin room, two outdoor pools (having one indoors would have been a huge bonus), and a couple of group class rooms as well as an outstanding child care facility and even a pre-school (which obviously would have been an additional charge. Unfortunately, nothing like it closer to the house and commuting 30 minutes each way to the gym really became old pretty quick.

• luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    $58 a month for a family membership at the YMCA.
  • paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    For my husband and I both its $36/month. It's a great non-chain gym with a huge free weight area and 2 deadlift platforms and 4 squat cages. Lots of cardio machines and class options and childcare. Also a huge barn with access to tons on strongman equipment. Great trainers (extra cost of course) too!
  • bluesarah13
    bluesarah13 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My health insurance (Blue Cross) has a benefit (Blue365) where you pay $25/month and you get access to thousands of gyms across the country. In the town where I live there are seven in the network that you can go to, including Gold's. It's a great benefit as the gym where I go is over $65/month for a membership.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    $10 and it has mostly everything I need. Treadmills to warm up on. And a decent selection of free weights.

There is a also a dance/zumba studio in the area that I saw offers classes for like $3-5 each, so that's awesome. (I haven't been able to make it yet..but it's awesome)
  • TossaBeanBag
    TossaBeanBag Posts: 458 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I pay $149 per month at Lifetime Fitness, but I have two teenage boys, a young daughter, and my wife. I really like all the free weights and machines (cardio, too). There's an indoor and outdoor water slide, pools, climbing wall, lots of activities, and all the classes you could want; and there are free lockers, showers, steam rooms, saunas, basketball, racketball... and free swim lessons for my daughter. We do not have cable-tv at home and are trying to be a more active family, so we are there a lot of evenings. Salon, massages, and cafe, too. It works, for now.
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Options
    $20-$25 a month for unlimited classes, machines, swimming pool, aquatics, aquatic fitness,access to multiple locations, childcare, etc, flexible hours, open everyday.
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Options
    I definitely think it's worth it, because I love all that stuff, the aquatics stuff, classes, machines, the environment, the hours,etc. It's a friendly place.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    vamaena wrote: »
    vamaena wrote: »
    Mines a bit different. My health insurance has a deal with local gyms. I pay $25 to the health insurance plan and that gets me a card that gets me into 25-30 gyms in the area. That said, I mostly go to the Y with that card. My local Y is about $40 a month, so my $25 is a great deal.

That's pretty awesome. I wonder if my health insurance has something similar because that would be soo neat!
    Look on their web page. I think it's part of "Obamacare" to have those kinds of "preventative" incentives.
    All the insurance choices we were given had something similar. Either ONE gym (like SNAP) for super cheap or several gyms for a set cost.

I might not be able to do it then, with the lack of Obamacare in Canada. :smiley: You never know though, my company miiiiight still do it. They do cover a lot of weird/random stuff.

What? no Obamacare in Canada? ;) Definitely check, you never know. One of my friends here had gym membership benefits pre-obamacare.
  • Munch_kins
    Munch_kins Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    R460 (roughly $40) per month, has many classes, fitness instructors (don't need to pay extra for their advice), a pool, sauna, tanning bed and steam room. Is it worth it? Once my contract ends with this particular gym I'll join a different one which is cheaper but has all the same facilities and more. In general though I think paying for gym membership is worth it, especially if you're the type of person who's lazy (I know I am), so feeling the ambiance at gym will make you push yourself harder. I also find that once I'm there I don't want to leave, I just keep adding to my work-out (once again - ambiance)
  • woofer00
    woofer00 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    ~$70 per month at New York Sports Club, any location any time.
  • Pebbles5280
    Pebbles5280 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    $35/mo for a crowded, filthy gym with a pool, open 24/7, sauna & classes but 50% of the equipment doesn't work. Membership ends in March 2015.

New gym is $49 per month, open 4a-11p, clean, no pool, nice/new equipment, uncrowded, classes included.

My employer pays for the membership and I get an extended lunch hour if I work out. Great benefit!!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    $20/ month $49/ year maintenance fee... I can use any Retro Fitness in the USA and I love every facility I have been to.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I built my own. About 5 years ago. Recumbent Bike, Ab Machine, Bowflex with every possible feature, Adjustable Bench, Dumbells that adjust from 5 to 55 lbs and Stand. Can't recall how much it all cost, but, at the time, it was spendy. I don't use it as often as I should.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    $40

AND HELL YEAH - LOOK AT MY SEXY BATCAVE! look at it!!!

mb9rqorphz29.jpg

• lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    $25/month for me and $25/month for husband. It's worth the $50/month for us, b/c the gym offers free classes, childcare, and has an adequate amount of equipment. The Drill Hall is free, but does not offer childcare and is packed.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Do you think it's worth it? Why or why not?

$0, since I use my campus gym! Their regular rate for alumni and family of alumni is $40 a month. It's $33 a month if you buy a 6 month package, and only $25 a month for a full year.

It's super expensive compared to other options, like $10 for Planet Fitness. If I do graduate and end up staying in the area, I do think I would purchase a membership here for a short period. I love the atmosphere of the gym, the group classes, the people I know who work here, and $25-$40 a month to support my alma mater isn't too bad of a price.

Plus, they have state of the art machines, a million group fitness classes, and a huge indoor running track. It's pretty awesome! Only downside is the hours.
  • SnoopCalib
    SnoopCalib Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    ottawa - GoodLife, so many locations, some government deal works out to 390/yr tax in.