Bite me, Couch to 5K - Week 3!

Options

Replies

• desweds
    desweds Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    This was fantastic! Thanks for sharing--it makes me want to try C25K again. I only did a couple days the first time before life got in the way. I'll have to go look for that app, now!

@desweds, which app are you using?

Ease into 5k
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    This is hilarious! It's quite like my internal dialogue too... I usually panic and think the ladyvoice has forgotten me and I've been running for hours! I literally cried the first time I ran for 5 minutes!
  • dtcjem
    dtcjem Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Loved this post. Felt like you were in my head on my runs! Thanks I laughed out loud!
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    LOL, that sums it up brilliantly! I'd recommend not reading ahead and just follow her instructions, as you get further in its easy to freak yourself out before you even start. And the other thing is to stick with it, it really works! I started it in around May last year and it took me about 4-5 months to complete it. I ran first 5k race a year ago today, and since then I've run 5 Half Marathons and now run upwards of 30 miles a week. It all started with that first 60s which I struggled to complete!

You can do it, and if you're getting a buzz and sense of achievement now then you're going to love feeling your progress :)
  • jnc777
    jnc777 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Great post, and congrats - you must feel fab :)
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Absolutely brilliant :smiley:
  • 40andFindingFitness
    Options
    Hahaha! This made my day. I've tried the C25K app and I admit I failed miserably. This makes me want to try again. Kudos to you.
  • PennyHartz
    PennyHartz Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    This was hilarious, and I think anyone who has done C25K knows exactly how you feel! Keep it up, you're doing great! I had never run a more than a mile in my life before I started C25K, and now I'm consistently running 5k three times/ week and training for a 10k. It's amazing what we're capable of when we put our minds to it!
  • charlotte3176
    charlotte3176 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love it! Go you!! You should be totally proud of yourself.
  • MattNorrisUL
    MattNorrisUL Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I remember a couple of years ago when I was doing C25K and the week ( I want to say it was week 5 sometimes) you all of a sudden jump to "Run 20 minutes" I was WTH lady. But I got through it and I was pretty happy that day. I've ran about 20 5Ks, five 10Ks, and 3 10 Milers since then. Keep it up.
  • Local_Atlantis
    Local_Atlantis Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You are amazing!! Well done. You've inspired me and made me laugh all at once. Love it! :smiley:
  • Ladybug1250
    Ladybug1250 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! Keep at it
  • gopgirl425
    gopgirl425 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Great job~ I have been meaning to get started on this app...thanks for the motivation to get it downloaded and I am starting today!

Love your post!
  • Mischabellaa
    Mischabellaa Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    hahahaha i have just started and i am already cussing that lady's voice "start running"... thank you..I will have to think of this as i am running. I have started counting the seconds when i run so i know how soon i can go back to walking..lol
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Ha! That was so entertaining to read! I loved it! I will be starting week three soon! Woo!
  • Cmem831
    Cmem831 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Haha, this is awesome ! Keep up the good work!
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Very very funny!!!!!
  • gail1961
    gail1961 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! This was a GREAT post and very inspiring. I'm also 53, so I have no excuse not to try the C25K now....well that is when warmer weather returns.... good for you and thanks for the humor :)
  • eddieoak
    eddieoak Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    OMG...thanks for the laugh, I feel the same! Trust the process, I run 30 minutes non-stop! Still at a snail's pace, but damnit I'm running, while the lil kids on their tri-cycle humiliate the hell outta me! I feel your pain sir! Hahaha!!!
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. I too remember that...and the dreaded 20 minutes straight run. But you can do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!