Serious Question for MILFS (pics)

Options

Replies

• NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    Do you know what MILF means? Because it seems like a really odd choice considering what your topic wound up being about.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :noway:
  • bricktowngal
    bricktowngal Posts: 206
    Options
    I would never harness a child, they are not animals and I'm sure you can outrun a 3 year old.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Children are not dogs. If you leash your children like a dog, do you also cage them at home?

Yes. It's called a playpen. The arguments in this thread are some of the more ridiculous I've seen, even by MFP standards.
  • zytah
    zytah Posts: 153
    Options
    i have one but haven't had to fully utilize it yet. my son loves his harness because it looks like a monkey and had a pocket to keep some of his things in it like a backpack. he wore it a lot and i never had to attach the tail/leash portion on him since he knew enough to stay close to mom and dad. always had the tail/leash handy tho just in case.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I would never harness a child, they are not animals and I'm sure you can outrun a 3 year old.

Actually, they are animals.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I have a 9 year old and a 2 year old, never used one with either of them, I put my daughter in the stroller and go. My son is old enough to listen.

My daughters were both out of strollers by the time they were two, that was due to me using reins. They walked everywhere.

TO EVERYBODY ELSE ON THIS THREAD.

This thread is completely and utterly judgmental, half the people on here don't even have kids but find it fitting that they should tell parents how they should treat their own kids.

I am glad I used REINS, my kids were fit and I was not still pushing them around when they were over two!

oh and one other thing has anybody considered how a mother is supposed to deal with a baby in a pram that she is pushing AND hold onto the hand of a toddler whilst walking along? hmmmm sounds very "safe" - not.
  • __Di__
    __Di__ Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options

And what if you have twins, what do you do, leave one standing there whilst you dash after the other one then?
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Children are not dogs. If you leash your children like a dog, do you also cage them at home?

I'm confused . . .

Because sometimes I feed my child out of a bowl when she eats cereal.

Should I now stop her potty training in the toilet and make her go outside?
  • frommetobetterme
    frommetobetterme Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Quote: 'You can't keep an eye on your child constantly in the home, no matter what'

You also can't ALWAYS keep and eye on your child outside of the home either. Like I keep saying, children are fast and it only takes one second for you to pay attention to a second child, to bend down to tie a shoelace,etc.

Quote: 'I would never harness a child, they are not animals and I'm sure you can outrun a 3 year old. '

You can't always outrun a 3 year old, or even younger. It only takes a second for them to run away and sometimes you can't always freely give chase (i.e. while being at the end of a pregnancy, or while holding another child).

We disciplined my oldest a lot and he was still very unpredictable. He's now 7 and is still unpredictable. You can't control everything your child does, regardless of how much you discipline them.

And by the way, holding hands isn't always the safest thing either. My youngest actually dislocated his wrist when he threw himself on the ground while I was holding him. Nothing is 100% safe.

I have no problem with people who are against restrainst or are for some alternative form of restraint (i.e. strollers). I just have something against those that judge and say that parents that do use restraints are lazy, bad parents, etc.

How would you feel if I told you that every parent that uses a stroller is irresponsible because they are basically caging their child and removing the possibility for them to explore their surroundings?

Did I use a stroller? yes. Did I child wear? yes. Did I let my children roam or walk hand in hand? yes. Did I use a rein/leash etc? yes. Why, because it is what I felt was best for us at a time and what would keep my child safe from his own impulsive character. Is my child traumatised from having been restrains? no. Did I beat him? no. So I think that no one can and should tell me or anyone else that what I did was inhumaine/dehumenising or even lazy.

There is enough judgment in the world on other topics without judging each other on the way we parent. If a parent is abusing their child, yes then by all means report them. If the child is well adjusted and happy, why mess with it or make their parents feel like they have to justify their choices?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

I'm confused . . .

Because sometimes I feed my child out of a bowl when she eats cereal.

Should I now stop her potty training in the toilet and make her go outside?

And I put my child in a crib until he was old enough for a "big boy bed". It was pretty much a cage.
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    I bought a pair for my twins after one of them bolted into a street when I was trying to bring my groceries inside the house. He got away from me pretty quickly and just took off. Luckily there were no cars coming. After I bought them I only used them once at an airport, but never again, because I felt a little weird about it. I don't care if other mothers do though, I am actually pretty sick of all the judgment from moms for stuff like this. Just do what you feel comfortable with and what works for you and your children.
  • difabu
    difabu Posts: 143
    Options
    Never. They're kids, not dogs.

Why do you put them on your dogs? Because you love them?
    It's the law.
  • jakidb
    jakidb Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I personally like these lil' gadgets LOL!!!! they really aren't harmful; they just keep the kids "close". When my three adult children were younger (my oldest two kids were 13 mos apart and the middle child and the baby were 22 mos apart); imagine being alone at the mall or at the grocery trying to hold on to all 3! I had a dbl stroller and one of these gadgets and it worked WONDERFUL for me :)
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    When my brother was little he liked shiny things, like cars and liked to chase them..... Hence he had a leash :laugh: I was ace so I never had them!
  • frommetobetterme
    frommetobetterme Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Never. They're kids, not dogs.

Why do you put them on your dogs? Because you love them?
    It's the law.

It's the law in order to protect them and others. Even well trained dogs can snap.

At a dog park, an 'excellent' 'well trained' 'well behaved' ' never snapped before' dog got a hold of my friends dog while he was chasing his ball and paralized him so that they eventually had to put him down.

Nothing is 100% predictable. No animal/child/adult can be 100 % predictable. I don't trust an off leash dog to stay away from my children and I don't trust my young child to know better than to go play in the road when distracted by something that got their attention.

I think this is about protected people (and animals), not about comparing the two.

A restraint is a restreint, whether it be a stoller, a leash, holding a hand, a crib, a playpen, a baby gate, seat belts. It's all about safety... so why the fuss?
  • actingnurse1
    actingnurse1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    There's this magical cure called an asswhoopin. My little girl snatched away from me one time.. busted her two good licks and you better believe she never did it again.
  • CaptainHNNNGGG
    CaptainHNNNGGG Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Came in expecting pics of milfs.

Not a single milf pic was seen that day.

negged
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I put one on my son when I had a broken leg. I am a single mom and was on crutches so I couldn't carry him or hold his hand. It came in handy.
  • Shrinking_Moody
    Shrinking_Moody Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Never. But that's just my opinion.

I fully agree with this.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I personally think all children should be put on leashes. Especially to those "parents" that let their kids run wild with no regard for anything or anyone else.