Your opinion on fruitarianism.

Options

Replies

• SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    LeonCX wrote: »
    They are now divorced. Freelee got custody of the bananas.

HAH!
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If I were a fruit bat, sure.

vt4m3ybhkbsz.jpg
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I love my fruit but I don't think I could live off of just that. Too many other things would be missing and would be unhealthy. You need protein and grains and an assorted amount of other things to be healthy.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I love fruit. No way. Not balanced.
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    bananas-in-pajamas-lololol-o.gif
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Far too expensive, and my husband and children wouldnt do it with me, so I'd be drinking giant smoothies by my self.
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Steve Jobs was a fruitarian for awhile. Even smart people can get suckered into making crazy diet choices sometimes :)

Oddly enough, many of the people I know who are highly educated and very fact-based in other aspects of their life, are militantly defensive and unfliching when it comes to whatever food/health ideology they adhere to. Counterintuitively, in my experience, that ideology is almost always not in agreement with current scientific knowledge on nutrition, and instead based on some internet nutritional guru's angry blog page or similar. It's very strange to me.

I also find it incredibly strange. Its like a religion or politics with people, they won't listen to reason and factual information because this way sounds best to them.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Sunitagt wrote: »
    Steve Jobs was a fruitarian for awhile. Even smart people can get suckered into making crazy diet choices sometimes :)

Oddly enough, many of the people I know who are highly educated and very fact-based in other aspects of their life, are militantly defensive and unfliching when it comes to whatever food/health ideology they adhere to. Counterintuitively, in my experience, that ideology is almost always not in agreement with current scientific knowledge on nutrition, and instead based on some internet nutritional guru's angry blog page or similar. It's very strange to me.

I also find it incredibly strange. Its like a religion or politics with people, they won't listen to reason and factual information because this way sounds best to them.
    People's eating beliefs *do* resemble religion or politics. And the way folks argue about
    each other's beliefs about eating looks like religion and politics arguments. And, no one is every swayed. :)
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

People's eating beliefs *do* resemble religion or politics. And the way folks argue about
    each other's beliefs about eating looks like religion and politics arguments. And, no one is every swayed. :)
    Why yes, PETA does resemble ISIL.

• Kellyfitness128
    Kellyfitness128 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Well, she's not technically a fruitarian since she eats cooked carbs at night. I actually tried out this lifestyle out of curiosity and because so many people that I saw were achieving success on it. I did it for about a month but it was too extreme for me to continue and I was hungry ALL THE TIME, no matter how much fruit I ate (I would eat about 2200-2500 calories a day). So, good for those that are successful on it, but I don't think it's realistic for 90% of people!
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Basilin wrote: »
    Is that really a thing? :scream:

Oh yes. There are two nutters on youtube famous for it. Freelee the banana girl and Durianrider.

Don't get me started. No...no really. Hold me back.
  • vismundcygnus27
    vismundcygnus27 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    People never cease to amaze me. This type of thing screams for a "do you even science, bro?" meme.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Avocado is fruit, right? Count me in for avocadoitarianism.
  • Basilin
    Basilin Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    kellyb28 wrote: »
    Well, she's not technically a fruitarian since she eats cooked carbs at night. I actually tried out this lifestyle out of curiosity and because so many people that I saw were achieving success on it. I did it for about a month but it was too extreme for me to continue and I was hungry ALL THE TIME, no matter how much fruit I ate (I would eat about 2200-2500 calories a day). So, good for those that are successful on it, but I don't think it's realistic for 90% of people!

Oh my god, how did you survive? I just can't imagine! I love fruit and all, but that would kill me and I wouldn't last even 3 days doing that.

• Veganhclf
    Veganhclf Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm a fruitarian. I eat only fruit, nothing else and I feel pretty good! More energy, better digestion, improved dental health and weight loss (10 kg in 6 weeks to be exact). :)
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Veganhclf wrote: »
    I'm a fruitarian. I eat only fruit, nothing else and I feel pretty good! More energy, better digestion, improved dental health and weight loss (10 kg in 6 weeks to be exact). :)

Really? So this is the way you are going to eat for the rest of your life. It does not sound very healthy.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Veganhclf wrote: »

Good for you!

I personally love fruit, but I really enjoy having potatoes, rice, thick soups, veggie burgers,almonds...coffee... etc as well, so I think I would struggle to feel satisfied.

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I couldn't sustain it. I have a family to cook for, and I feel better with higher protein levels than I could get on that diet. We are all still vegan and fruit makes up a big chunk of our diet though.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

This is very true!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    At first glance this seems a little crazy to me. But, I don't really know enough about it to make an informed decision, other than it would not be a diet I'd want to try. I like fresh picked fruit, but I don't eat amuch fruit when it's not in season here. I much prefer vegetables to fruit.