Cravings.. its killing me

Options

Replies

• jentxyz
    jentxyz Posts: 14
    Options
    It's possibly to have chocolate.. I sometimes makine chocolate pancakes out of the chocolate protein shake with ground oats... or brownies... from scratch but with oats and coconut flour.
  • JCThayer85
    JCThayer85 Posts: 21
    Options
    I always make sure to have room for something sweet, at least a couple times a week. If you completely cut yourself off from what you love, you'll eventually eat way too much and pay the price. Today, for instance, I had a serving of carnation fudge, and finished my day below my calorie goal. It can be done!
  • ay0_kisseszs
    Options
    Does kale affect the taste...? i have heard alot of ppl say that but not sure if the flavor would be odd..
  • ay0_kisseszs
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the awesome feed back! There are a few things i will try!!
  • ay0_kisseszs
    Options
    I have been doing fruit n the place of cravings lol but then i end up eating like 5 apples a day or bananas.. ha
  • merryberry99
    merryberry99 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I work in chocolate. I think if you deprive yourself of things you love completely, you might fail miserably. Plus, you don't want to look at your diet as a miserable experience every day. Work some in however you can.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you need a sugar fix. Eat a banana and have a glass of milk with it. The banana is a 'quick' sugar, and the protein in milk will slow down the absorption of the sugar.

One of my "go to" snacks is a frozen banana broken into pieces, 8 oz of skim milk, a touch of Splenda and cinnamon in a blender for about 2 minutes. Drink it slowly and it hits that sugar/sweet craving like a dream.
  • Rmolars
    Rmolars Posts: 28
    Options
    I'm a big chocolate craver as well!! One of my favorite things to eat is dark chocolate roasted almonds. They seriously taste DELICIOUS, totally satisfy my sweet craving. The nutrition difference between regular almonds & dark chocolate ones is very very little, if any difference at all. another thing I try is sugar free chocolate candy (definitely not as good as regular chocolate, but not terrible). Another thing you can do it take a square or 2 of chocolate & melt it over some berries. That way you're getting something healthy along with it & aren't pigging out. good luck!!
  • ay0_kisseszs
    Options
    Thanks i mite give that a try!
  • ay0_kisseszs
    Options
    Yum actually sounds good!
  • SutapaMukherji
    SutapaMukherji Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    So since i have started this i have kicked all craving of soda yay me! But now i want chocolate so bad its not even funny!! What can i do to get rid of the craving!

Dont get rid of cravings - indulge in them. That said, indulge in moderation. Plan ahead. Calculate the calories and reduce your intake of other foods for that day.

Hope this helps :smile:
  • Andrea8985
    Andrea8985 Posts: 107
    Options
    I bought a bar of high quality dark chocolate. If I'm craving chocolate, I have one square. With high quality dark stuff, one square is plenty (even for a chocoholic).
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate is good for you .. everything in moderation, junk-food-thats-good-you? --->

http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/junk-food-thats-good-you?cm_mmc=ADNL-_-1306656-_-05272013-_-GoodJunkFood-link

:tongue: :bigsmile:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Eat it, enjoy it, log it in. If need be hit the treadmill a half hour and work it off. Mrs. May's chocolate covered freeze-dried strawberry fruit rounds, my current favorite.

NNNNNOOOOOO! Never punish yourself with exercise after making a bad food choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just get up the next day and move on. You want to create lifestyle. Punishment via exercise or extreme calorie cutting after eating chocolate (or whatever your vice) sets you up for failure and/or OCD eating habits. You will not enjoy either. Trust me. I know.

Wrong on all counts! Did you even read the post? WTF.....
    Chocolate is NOT a bad food choice. All you have to do is make it fit. Exercise is NOT punishment, it's just a tool, and it's fun. I enjoy it. I've been down every weigh in, I've always been under my calorie goals, and I'm down about 14 lbs. with much more energy and stamina. I eat chocolate every day. ...still have a couple of dozen Cadbury's creme eggs and caramel eggs that I bought at Easter. I don't do "extreme calorie cutting"...I've had only success on this program, and I certainly have never had an ED of any sort. I eat what I want to, and I'm having great results, slow and steady.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I eat 1 tbs of dark chocolate chip every day. Not too unhealthy, only 70 calories, and it curbs cravings. A lot of times I'll even melt the chocolate and dip strawberries in it. Mmmm :love:
  • Nikita839
    Nikita839 Posts: 10
    Options
    Oh Geeze, have a small piece.. put it in you eating plan? Then it is accounted for.. ;)
  • dbiggs
    dbiggs Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I keep a bar of ghirardelli sea salt soiree (dark chocolate with sea salt and almonds) in my fridge. When I must have something sweet, I break off a square. I believe one square runs about 64 calories.
  • kimberlyLx
    kimberlyLx Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Chocolate protien bar does the trick for me:)
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    I plan my chocolate into my day just as much as I plan my activity into my day. Usually in the form of Lindt Lindor dark chocolate truffles or a couple of squares of a chocolate bar.

Try not to deprive yourself. If the unplanned craving strikes and you give in, track it and move on.
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Eat it, enjoy it, log it in. If need be hit the treadmill a half hour and work it off. Mrs. May's chocolate covered freeze-dried strawberry fruit rounds, my current favorite.

NNNNNOOOOOO! Never punish yourself with exercise after making a bad food choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just get up the next day and move on. You want to create lifestyle. Punishment via exercise or extreme calorie cutting after eating chocolate (or whatever your vice) sets you up for failure and/or OCD eating habits. You will not enjoy either. Trust me. I know.

Wrong on all counts! Did you even read the post? WTF.....
    Chocolate is NOT a bad food choice. All you have to do is make it fit. Exercise is NOT punishment, it's just a tool, and it's fun. I enjoy it. I've been down every weigh in, I've always been under my calorie goals, and I'm down about 14 lbs. with much more energy and stamina. I eat chocolate every day. ...still have a couple of dozen Cadbury's creme eggs and caramel eggs that I bought at Easter. I don't do "extreme calorie cutting"...I've had only success on this program, and I certainly have never had an ED of any sort. I eat what I want to, and I'm having great results, slow and steady.

Not saying that chocolate is a bad food choice. OP's post makes it seem that SHE thinks it is a bad choice. Otherwise, why would she not be allowing herself? So.....I'm quoting my previous response, just before disagreeing ONLY with your advice of hitting the treadmill for 90 minutes.

Chocolate = 90 minutes on treadmill = unhealthy exercise and food association = exercise is punishment for chocolate.
    Uhm.....eat the chocolate. Do you plan to live the REST OF YOUR LIFE without chocolate? Just eat the chocolate. Rarely a day goes by that I don't have chocolate of some kind. It's worked pretty well for me so far.

I also eat 1/2 large pizza once a week. And 2 glasses of wine on Saturday nights. Live your life. Eat. Enjoy. Make wise choices for the most part.

But seriously.....EAT THE CHOCOLATE!! :wink: