Cravings.. its killing me

Options
1235»

Replies

• MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Eat it, enjoy it, log it in. If need be hit the treadmill a half hour and work it off. Mrs. May's chocolate covered freeze-dried strawberry fruit rounds, my current favorite.

NNNNNOOOOOO! Never punish yourself with exercise after making a bad food choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just get up the next day and move on. You want to create lifestyle. Punishment via exercise or extreme calorie cutting after eating chocolate (or whatever your vice) sets you up for failure and/or OCD eating habits. You will not enjoy either. Trust me. I know.

Wrong on all counts! Did you even read the post? WTF.....
    Chocolate is NOT a bad food choice. All you have to do is make it fit. Exercise is NOT punishment, it's just a tool, and it's fun. I enjoy it. I've been down every weigh in, I've always been under my calorie goals, and I'm down about 14 lbs. with much more energy and stamina. I eat chocolate every day. ...still have a couple of dozen Cadbury's creme eggs and caramel eggs that I bought at Easter. I don't do "extreme calorie cutting"...I've had only success on this program, and I certainly have never had an ED of any sort. I eat what I want to, and I'm having great results, slow and steady.

Not saying that chocolate is a bad food choice. OP's post makes it seem that SHE thinks it is a bad choice. Otherwise, why would she not be allowing herself? So.....I'm quoting my previous response, just before disagreeing ONLY with your advice of hitting the treadmill for 90 minutes.

Chocolate = 90 minutes on treadmill = unhealthy exercise and food association = exercise is punishment for chocolate.

I SAID HALF HOUR ON TREADMILL , which equals 30 minutes, not 90. Where does this 90 minutes come from?
  • MelsAuntie
    Options
    I SAID HALF HOUR ON TREADMILL , which equals 30 minutes, not 90. Where does this 90 minutes come from? And I disagree completely with the exercise=punishment idea. There's no reason to regard it as a punishment, a trade off at worst, I find it fun.
  • MelsAuntie
    Options
    quote:
    "
    Chocolate = 90 minutes on treadmill = unhealthy exercise and food association = exercise is punishment for chocolate. "

This does not follow at all. For one thing, I said half an hour, which is 30 minutes, not 90. Why would 30 minutes exercise be considered a punishment? It's invigorating and fun. No correllation here at all.
  • MelsAuntie
    Options
    (sorry about the double post, stuff keeps showing up in odd places)
  • FRANKTANK79
    FRANKTANK79 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Have some sugar kiss chocalates low calories,. :)