Stocky, Husky, Chubby, Fat

Options

Replies

• PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    The problem with the question is people are always going you to get offended. Someone says they like big men, someone's got a problem. Someone says they don't like big men, someone else has a problem. It's a shame we can't just be free to like what we like and have the right to express it.

I just really like men <3
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »

^This.

• maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    My hubby is broad of shoulder and back with a gut. Id prefer he lost the gut but it doesnt really affect how I perceive him that much. Im more attracted to his big blue eyes and large hands. So I guess I prefer a more bulky bloke. Im not over bothered by muscles
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    The problem with the question is people are always going you to get offended. Someone says they like big men, someone's got a problem. Someone says they don't like big men, someone else has a problem. It's a shame we can't just be free to like what we like and have the right to express it.

ysm.gif
  • Alassonde
    Alassonde Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Never had the chance to see if a really cut guy is uncomfortable to snuggle. Somehow I don't think I would mind. My husband has just enough insulation over the muscle to soften him up, I guess.
  • trungalung
    trungalung Posts: 45
    edited November 2014
    Options
    08wal1pima4s.jpg

This is where I'm at right now: 166 lbs, 5'10, and around 13-14% BF (measured with the hand held machine so probably not at all accurate). Most of my fat hangs around my lower belly and I'm not happy at all. I would like to at least have both my abs and v-line to be visible. I'm gonna try to reach 10% and reevaluate from there.
  • LovelyMarie774
    LovelyMarie774 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My bf is pretty cut (you can see lower abdominal veins, the v line, and all his abs), but he's not huge. I like that look. I don't like the look of huge body builders, you know the ones with the bulging gut from their lovely steroid stack. *shudders* I also don't think it's uncomfortable to cuddle someone without a lot of fat. It's actually pretty nice :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ... Just think of the fresh out of boot camp look. I like that look...

This is about right. Fit and firm, but not rock hard. My husband is like this (plus add 20 years since he was in boot camp). He's a little softer around the edges now, but still fit and muscled, with a little grey in his beard - even better. Rawr!

OP said he read that women would rather cuddle a chubby guy than a ripped guy. That may be true for many or most, but it's not my thing. I don't feel romantic about that at all. Not too keen on a super ripped guy, either, though. Now, if it was below zero and I needed to keep warm I guess I'd rather spoon with the chubby guy. Apparently, Chubby guy wins in the end after all... (*)
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    JenAndSome wrote: »
    I like bigger guys. I prefer it be muscle, but I have never turned down a guy just because he was "husky." If a guy has a great sense of humor and confidence it doesn't really matter what his body type is.

This is a great mindset. Not saying the others aren't, because everyone has their preferences. For some reason, this one just struck a chord with me. Well said, Miss.

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Basically I require hygiene. If a guy has greasy hair or yellow teeth it's a total turn off (I suppose that means I could never meet someone at a sporting event or gym. Though I could on a construction site. Dirt doesn't bother me so long as I know they'll shower after). After that ... I suppose slightly stocky and not too thin, not too muscled, not too overweight (but I like a bit of belly). Just a few inches taller than myself. I don't really like the cut look because I associate it with caring too much (though I know logically that isn't always the case). But then I guess I rarely do my hair or makeup or try very hard to look good unless its a special occasion. To each their own. I actually don't find myself checking out guys much. I love my man so I don't feel the need or desire. But I do check out girls haha. I don't know why. But you know what, girls are pretty.
  • DragonShoe_GCole
    DragonShoe_GCole Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    My personal aesthetic goal is to be 225lbs at less than 8% body fat (height: 6ft 4in) - if that's "jacked" then so be it...

I noticed the OP asked for women's preference on a man's physique, so I'll take that as permission for us guys to reveal our personal preference in a woman's physique & it's all about that thick or chubby for me.

For example, @Ashley3416 on the OP's friends list could get "it" all day long (if I wasn't married): disclaimer - just an example; no attempt at flirtation whats so ever!!
  • crazie4lulu
    crazie4lulu Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Healthy.... not a health nut... but just healthy!
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    sdwis wrote: »
    this is an interesting thread, I wish there was a poll feature, it seems like most women prefer average or a little pudge.... I wonder what most guys prefer?

Which, from a purely anecdotal perspective, I find very out of line with my real world experience.

I get much more attention, and from much more conventionally attractive women, the smaller/leaner I get; that's always been the case. Everytime I read a thread like this it seems most women make the claim that looks don't matter all that much to them, or that they actually prefer a man with some extra padding, or is just average, yet that seldom bears out in real life from my observation. And considering I'm in the entertainment industry, and thus know a lot pretty attractive people, it's very easy to see that men who have the standards good looks, built body, definitely aren't encountering the attitude pervasive in this, and similar threads, where so many of the women say they don't prefer ripped/cut/muscular/greek god type of men, or are fine with chubbier dudes with a great personality.

None of my average/chubby/husky/fat friends, with GREAT personalities, do anywhere as well with the ladies as my lean/cut/ripped friends do...often without having to even say much. I'm not saying women here are lying, just noting an honest discrepancy between like threads and my real world experience.

It really depends on what age-range you are in as well. Most people in their teens to early 30's are more superficial, but as we all age and things start dropping and expanding, these things become less important and don't matter at all. Anyone looking to duplicate the selection criteria and relationship habits of the entertainment business is destined for failure.

If all it took to succeed is beauty/looks, and a body. they would ALL stay together FOREVER!!!!

Plus this question has been asked to a bunch of people who have or are trying to lose weight. Lots of people tend to be more attracted to people who are similar to them (statistically anyway). So that might have something to do with the responses. This isn't exactly an representative forum.
  • LandyBreigh
    LandyBreigh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I find men attractive who are comfortable with themselves, whatever size and shape. My husband is 6'1 and somewhere between lanky and medium built. It all depends on what kind of person they are. Yes, I will look at a man like Channing Tatum or Chris Hemsworth and think, Damn! Just like men will look at the Victoria Secret models and think the same thing. But they are not the people we fall in love with, want to snuggle on the couch with and wake up every morning to.
    My husband makes me laugh and smile and feel special everyday. That's the most important thing. If he was chubby, curvy, husky, thin, muscular....it's still him. :smile:
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    trungalung wrote: »
    08wal1pima4s.jpg

This is where I'm at right now: 166 lbs, 5'10, and around 13-14% BF (measured with the hand held machine so probably not at all accurate). Most of my fat hangs around my lower belly and I'm not happy at all. I would like to at least have both my abs and v-line to be visible. I'm gonna try to reach 10% and reevaluate from there.

You should try lifting bro instead of trying to impress girls in a thread about what kind of man they like.
  • trungalung
    trungalung Posts: 45
    edited November 2014
    Options
    You should try lifting bro instead of trying to impress girls in a thread about what kind of man they like.

Thanks for your input but I do lift. Also, I couldn't careless about impressing random strangers over an internet forum. My post is directed toward the OP's question for the "gentlemen". He prefers to have a little hanging around while I hate my belly fat. I felt like posting a picture will give him a better idea since we're at the same height.

Edit: this is not only a thread about what body type does a girl like. It's also a thread about which body type that a guy would be most comfortable/prefer to be in.
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    ThePhoenixIsRising Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    For me, I like broad strong shoulders and back. I don't care if you are skinny, cut, or fat. It doesn't matter if you have large arms, they just have to be strong enough to hold me close.
  • Ryokat
    Ryokat Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I don't know if I have a type. How about every guy on here posts a pic of himself in minimal attire, and then I will decide yay or nay?

(Just kidding! Please don't take me seriously! Unless, like, you really want to.)