Are you about to ask the forums why you aren't losing weight?! Read This First!

Options

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Tbaby1514 wrote: »
    mitch16 wrote: »
    Very nice.

Surprised that you haven't been flagged as being 'abusive' yet (because, you know, the truth hurts sometimes).

45 minutes in and I'm still safe! For now anyways.

i just got flagged for swearing in a chit chat thread so give it time!
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am a special snowflake! *stomps feet and storms away*
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I is sad
    because I'm not special! :'(
  • pscarolina
    pscarolina Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    love this so much I'm bookmarking it! just had a convo with a friend this weekend who said she couldn't lose on 1,000 calories a day ummm...stoppppit
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    *contemplates flagging anyway*

Nah, this is good. Too bad the people who need to see it probably won't.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    200.gif
  • Mediocrates55
    Mediocrates55 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Agreed. Truth hurts. Calories do not sneak into your foodhole without your knowledge. There's a ton of factors about *why* you stuck the calories in your foodhole, but you can't change it without acknowledging what is really going on so you can tackle it head-on. For 99% of the population, calories in<calories out does not lie.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I_Love_You_Patrick.gif
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    mitch16 wrote: »
    Very nice.

Surprised that you haven't been flagged as being 'abusive' yet (because, you know, the truth hurts sometimes).

45 minutes in and I'm still safe! For now anyways.

In before the flags start dropping...
  • 1992mittens13
    1992mittens13 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I agree! Same with if they're struggling with depression!

Not everyone is looking for an antidote in the forums.. just advice or a tip! That's all. I agree, people can be really in denial about weight gain, and hey I wear yoga pants all the time, I practically live in them.. but I do know that they went from XL to XXL, and that wasnt from the pants, that was by me.

For the depression, sometimes people just need some encouragement. I know myself, could not even begin to afford anything to help it due to no benefits.. but that's just me!

Your post is eye opening, and the truth for sure! But some people just enjoy having people to talk to, and maybe need a few people to point out the denial (in a nice way).

I hope people understand that you mean well!
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Great post! Bravo!

giphy.gif
  • Tbaby1514
    Tbaby1514 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I agree! Same with if they're struggling with depression!

Not everyone is looking for an antidote in the forums.. just advice or a tip! That's all. I agree, people can be really in denial about weight gain, and hey I wear yoga pants all the time, I practically live in them.. but I do know that they went from XL to XXL, and that wasnt from the pants, that was by me.

For the depression, sometimes people just need some encouragement. I know myself, could not even begin to afford anything to help it due to no benefits.. but that's just me!

Your post is eye opening, and the truth for sure! But some people just enjoy having people to talk to, and maybe need a few people to point out the denial (in a nice way).

I hope people understand that you mean well!

I agree, I know I'm a smart *kitten* but those really are the tips everyone is told. Weigh and measure. Log everything.

I would never attack medical issues, nor depression etc as those are legit reasons people gain weight. That's why I didn't get into those aside from seeking medical help or finding a way to cope with your stresses aside from eating.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I lurve yoga pants...would not eat though. And I'll eat just about anything

Mmmm. Pants.
  • misicat2014
    Options
    Good post....I have question though...how does one discover their root reasons for being overweight? I mean I could write a whole book on how messed up my head is in most of my thinking, on the low self esteem I've for most of my life, etc. but I don't want to bore. I can say though that the other night I came home from work upset about something, and nearly reached for the chips for comfort...but realized what I was doing and drew back. I do find that when I come home from work I often have a strong desire to "munch" comfort foods...I've been resisting lately and fixing supper instead, but I have a feeling that is only scratching the surface.
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Good post....I have question though...how does one discover their root reasons for being overweight? I mean I could write a whole book on how messed up my head is in most of my thinking, on the low self esteem I've for most of my life, etc. but I don't want to bore. I can say though that the other night I came home from work upset about something, and nearly reached for the chips for comfort...but realized what I was doing and drew back. I do find that when I come home from work I often have a strong desire to "munch" comfort foods...I've been resisting lately and fixing supper instead, but I have a feeling that is only scratching the surface.

Root reason-overeating.
  • Tbaby1514
    Tbaby1514 Posts: 216 Member
    Options

Stress/emotional eating. You're starting to learn self control and you're admitting what's causing you to overeat.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options

usually, they over ate.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

For the vast majority, it comes down to calories in>calories out. You'll see people on here who ask why they're overweight when they don't consume cookies/chips/soda/etc. That doesn't mean they aren't taking in more than they need in their meals. For me, I was a bored snacker and extremely sedentary. That added up over the years and made me determined not to follow in my parents' footsteps with their health concerns.
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    Great Post! We all have our faults and no one likes them pointed out to them. But I will say if a person is eating 1200 calories and not losing weight maybe it too little. Get yourself moving and maybe increase the calorie intake a little.
  • PrimroseFlower
    PrimroseFlower Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I teach science so I like how you brought the "energy cannot be created nor destroyed" into the equation. And I would also like to add that when we exercise, we are changing chemical energy (from food/drink ect.) into mechanical energy.

And my yoga pants give me a camel toe so I wear these around only my cats. :o

Good post. I completely agree. :D