I am allowed 1200 calories per day..any tips on a sweet, low calorie, late night snack?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    So the brain is hooked on sugar. The best way to kick it is lots of water. Not cold water. Cold water is bad for the digestive system. Just great warm or hot clean filtered water, and lost of it. I am too still strugling with the sugar habit again but am drink lots of water and it helps.

Strong first post.
  • socalkay
    socalkay Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Falize dark chocolate squares that are around 50 calories each or Lindts dark chocolate truffles for 70 calories or sometimes a small amount of raisins hit the spot for me. I make sure I leave some calories for my evening treat.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    OP, with 53 pounds to go, I'd raise your calorie goal. I know you raised it to 1350, and that's good, but I bet you could get away with raising it even more. Eat at least some of your exercise calories if you're not already.
  • EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Apple & PB is my go to for a sweet fix :smile:
  • Seasidedebbie
    Seasidedebbie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Great ideas!

My go to snacks are:

Weight Watchers Greek Frozen yogurt - 100 cal
    - I love the Black Cherry Swirl flavor

Fudgecycles - 40 cal

If I must have candy I go with Tootsie Roll midgets - 11 cals each

I also put 1/2 - 1 serving of cereal in a baggy - ~100 calories worth
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I drink my protein shake/have a protein cookie right before bed. I adjust according to what my workout looks like the next morning and how many calories I have left that day....

fills me up, helps me wake-up too :)
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Air popped popcorn with a sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar.
  • EMTFreakGirl
    EMTFreakGirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I make my own "diet" cocoa, (2 cups Splenda, 2 cups cocoa powder (I use a free trade dark), one of the small containers of Sugar Free Powdered Creamer (The flavored ones are fab...my current batch is amaretto), 1 cup non-fat powdered milk. Mix it all together, then 2-3 TBSP in a mug of hot water.) If at the end of the day my calories allow it, I will top it off with a squirt of the whipped cream in the can.
  • Jim_1000
    Jim_1000 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Sliced apple and cellery, cinamon, lemon juice (2 tsp). 2 tsp sugar or substitute Chill for 1 hour in fridge. 100-130 calories. :)
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Fiber One® 90 Calorie Brownies; 90 Calorie Chocolate Chip Cookie; 90 Calorie Lemon Bar; Dole - Mixed Fruit In Cherry Gel - Sugar Free Gel, 40 calories;
  • lozzyhunxx
    lozzyhunxx Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem!! I have greek yogurt :smile:
  • maddy1900
    maddy1900 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I often have a smoothie. I use a lot of greens and little bit of fruit for sweetness. It is nutritional and helps my craving for sweets....spinach, broccoli, carrots, blueberries, and raspberries are some of favorite smoothie ingredients...
  • ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Here you go. Freeze a tray of coffee. Freeze a ripe banana. Get out your little packets of fake sugar, and your nonfat milk. Now into your food processor put a little liquid, maybe half a cup. Break up the ripe banana and process. Throw in two table spoons of cocoa, and two or three sugar fake packets. Now feed in one coffee cube at a time. Yum yum yum. I double the recipe, but for the second ice cubes I use frozen nonfat milk cubes. Makes almost a gallon of ice cream shake for 300 calories. A GALLON!!!!!
  • ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    oh, and if you just use the coffee cubes, you have 100 calorie half a gallon shake/ice cream.
  • NoMoreTwizzlers
    NoMoreTwizzlers Posts: 49 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    My favorites :D :
    1. Fresh fruit sprinkled in plain, fat-free greek yogurt with a little plain, fat-free greek yogurt with a little calorie free sweetner to counter the the betterness. (70 calories plus the calories in the fruit)
    2. Half cup of plain, fat-free greek yogurt with a half tablespoon of honey. (100 calories)
    3. Sugar Free Jello Chocolate Pudding with one serving of lite whipped topping (90 calories of satisfaction)
    4. Bowl of plain, hot oatmeal with a little calorie free sweetner and vanilla or almond extract. (150 calories)
  • kitsa77
    kitsa77 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love pomegranate seeds. Now that they're coming into season I shovel 'em into my face like no tomorrow. I usually peel one or two and just keep the seeds in my fridge for a quick snack. They're crunchy and sweet and I find the combo of those two things super satisfying.