Younger girl dating older guys?

Options
jazzy_45
jazzy_45 Posts: 101 Member
Guys in their late 20's and early 30's (or whatever age), would you ever consider dating (not just sleeping with) a 19 year old girl? Does age not matter, or is their just too much of an age gap? Do you guys take younger girls seriously or just use them for fun? Just looking to hear opinions on why and why not.

Replies

• daveclrk58
    Options
    I think it depends on the person. If the two people click then age shouldn't matter. Some 19 year old girls are wild and thats cool. Some are ready for a relationship and thats cool too. It just depends on the situation and what both people are looking for. Consenting adults should be allowed to do as they please. :)
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    I stay away from their immaturity myself. But, that's just me.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    So. Maybe it's different because I'm also a woman but god no I wouldn't date a 19 year old girl and I'm only 23 right now. Last time I dated a teenage girl I was also a teenage girl and I seem to remember a whole lot of drama. Can it work between some people? Yes, of course. But it varies so wildly. Maturity, life experience, goals, dreams, plans, all play a part.
  • jazzy_45
    Options
    i like fresh meat

I mean yeah of course, who doesn't? But you actually consider dating a 19 year old or just having some fun with her?
  • jazzy_45
    Options
    daveclrk58 wrote: »
    I think it depends on the person. If the two people click then age shouldn't matter. Some 19 year old girls are wild and thats cool. Some are ready for a relationship and thats cool too. It just depends on the situation and what both people are looking for. Consenting adults should be allowed to do as they please. :)

That was a very good answer. Thank you.
  • jazzy_45
    Options
    Follow_me wrote: »
    I stay away from their immaturity myself. But, that's just me.

Do you think all of them are immature?
  • jazzy_45
    Options
    So. Maybe it's different because I'm also a woman but god no I wouldn't date a 19 year old girl and I'm only 23 right now. Last time I dated a teenage girl I was also a teenage girl and I seem to remember a whole lot of drama. Can it work between some people? Yes, of course. But it varies so wildly. Maturity, life experience, goals, dreams, plans, all play a part.

Good point. Thanks for the response.

• Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    Not necessarily. I'm a bit older but I've never dated/slept with a girl less than 6 or 7 yrs younger than me. There's just too many differences I'd rather not deal with.
  • ricomincia
    ricomincia Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Well I think if people have things in common and they click just get on with things. Problems come when interests very too much and you can't find any common ground. If the age gap is too wide sometimes people have different expectations from life.
  • MoriorInvictus
    Options
    I'll be honest..I don't care about age. I've dated women in their 40s who acted like brats and I'm known women in their 20s who had their *kitten* together. It's about that person's maturity, how well they have their act together and if they are any fun to be with.
  • daveclrk58
    Options
    jazzy_45 wrote: »

@jazzy_45 no problem! You have to first ask yourself what you want, and then make sure the other person involved wants the same thing. If its a relationship then great. If its a hookup then great too! lol

• Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    ill date the 19year old
    ill have fun with the 14year old

What? :o
  • jazzy_45
    Options
    Lauren8239 wrote: »
    ill date the 19year old
    ill have fun with the 14year old

What? :o

I'm pretty sure he's joking. Pretty sure...
  • jazzy_45
    Options
    jazzy_45 wrote: »

@jazzy_45 no problem! You have to first ask yourself what you want, and then make sure the other person involved wants the same thing. If its a relationship then great. If its a hookup then great too! lol

Haha I don't want a hookup. I'm not like that.

• Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I was a 19 year old who dated a 28 year old. I was a mature 19 year old though and could hold my own and be a genuine partner to the guy.

It didn't work out because he fell in love and I... didn't.

I think it's fine if there's a genuine give and take between two people. If there is a definite inequality/power shift going on (regardless of who) that's when I think it needs to be examined.

• Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Guess at my age when I hear younger dating older it implies a larger age gap than 5 or 10 years.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 now and I just started dating again a couple years ago. I have/had no problem dating a younger lady as long as we were on the same maturity level.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I find myself attracted to women who have their *kitten* together, respect themselves and know how to get by without anyone. I don't want to complete someone. I want someone complete . In my experience, that tends to be females in the 25+ age range. Because of this, I've found myself more attracted to older women, but that's not to say I'd pass on someone younger without getting to know them.
  • jazzy_45
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Slacker16 wrote: »
    Late 20's/early 30's = older guys...

To be honest, I teach 19-year olds... dating one would feel weird. I think 24-25 would be the age cutoff for me.

Well for a 19 year old, late 20's/early is definitely older...