Younger girl dating older guys?

Options

Replies

• jazzy_45
    jazzy_45 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »
    I'm 45 now and I just started dating again a couple years ago. I have/had no problem dating a younger lady as long as we were on the same maturity level.

Hmm how much younger though?
  • redrobot5050
    redrobot5050 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've done it -- I was in grad school in a college town where pretty much everyone under 21 was the the dating pool. People over that age were either a) un-dateable because they had their life was a total mess or b) So hunkered down in their existing relationship or graduate schooling (law or med) they couldn't think about anyone else.

I don't recommend it. There's just a different emotional level between the two of you. Your definition of long term and hard ship -- they're not the same. You can think you're on the same level all you want, and maybe for that one in a million couple you are, but realistically at some point it will fall apart.

A great rule of thumb for acceptable dating age range is still: (1/2 * age) + 7.
    So if you're 29, it's acceptable to date a 21 year old. Anything younger is kinda creepy.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    jazzy_45 wrote: »
    I'm 45 now and I just started dating again a couple years ago. I have/had no problem dating a younger lady as long as we were on the same maturity level.

Once a person passes through their 30s there isn't as much mental and emotional growth as during the first 30 years IMO. So a 40 YO dating a 30 YO is probably less of a gap than a 25 YO to a 19 YO. At 45 the idea of dating a 21 year old might be an ego boost but the gap in life experience and where you are is huge. I'm looking at retirement right now and someone at 21 is figuring out what they want to do for their first serious job.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

I've asked out women as young as 29 when I was 43, neither of us knowing each others age at first.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

Once a person passes through their 30s there isn't as much mental and emotional growth as during the first 30 years IMO. So a 40 YO dating a 30 YO is probably less of a gap than a 25 YO to a 19 YO. At 45 the idea of dating a 21 year old might be an ego boost but the gap in life experience and where you are is huge. I'm looking at retirement right now and someone at 21 is figuring out what they want to do for their first serious job.
    Couldn't agree more. I've been asked out by a 23 year old. She was clueless why I politely walked away after saying no. She followed me a entire baseball season, it was ridiculous/embarrassing to say the least.

I think with me, it comes down to availability too. I don't know one available 40+ lady in my area, unless you throw in married ones that are swingers or something along those lines.
  • daynerz
    daynerz Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am 22 and prefer older men

More mature, they know what they want, more apt to have confidence, more passionate lovers, wiser and better in bed of course.....by now they also know how to please a woman and know how to be gentlemen <3
  • TrailRunnermn
    TrailRunnermn Posts: 105 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Of course I would. Now, if that younger woman just wants to get married and start having babies...I'd run away faster than Usain Bolt and never look back.
  • jazzy_45
    Options
    daynerz wrote: »

More mature, they know what they want, more apt to have confidence, more passionate lovers, wiser and better in bed of course.....by now they also know how to please a woman and know how to be gentlemen <3

Yes...this!!!

• fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options

Yes...this!!!

lol not all of them.

• w734q672
    w734q672 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    ill date the 19year old
    ill have fun with the 14year old

Be careful with what you say. The FBI might come knocking on your door.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Ninininininininininin 19 nininininninin 19...

The very fact that most, if not all, 19 year olds wouldn't get that reference means I'd probably stay away.

Paul Hardcastle. I'm far older than 19.

Obviously it depends on the maturity level of the 19-year-old (and her older partner as well). When I was 19 I was in college thinking about school and parties and such. I don't think I'd have had much in common with a man 10-15 years older, if he were more established in his career and thinking about settling down. On the other hand, in my mid-to-late 20s, I had no problem dating men in their early-to-mid 40s...while there may have been a bit of a generation gap (Where were you when JFK was assassinated? Oh wait, you weren't born yet) about some things...we were at similar places in our lives.

But men will always be attracted to younger women. At least physically. So I figure I could do okay with 60-year-old men at this point.
  • jazzy_45
    Options
    Ninininininininininin 19 nininininninin 19...

The very fact that most, if not all, 19 year olds wouldn't get that reference means I'd probably stay away.

Okay I'll be honest, I have no idea what that means. Lol.
  • Trishism
    Trishism Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    When I was 17 I had a major crush on a 26 year old coworker. We started dating when I was 21 and he was 30, and then got married a year and a half later. The girl he dated before me was a year older than me and he swore loudly that he'd never date someone that much younger again.

I knew we were meant to be. ;P
  • jazzy_45
    Options
    Trishism wrote: »
    When I was 17 I had a major crush on a 26 year old coworker. We started dating when I was 21 and he was 30, and then got married a year and a half later. The girl he dated before me was a year older than me and he swore loudly that he'd never date someone that much younger again.

I knew we were meant to be. ;P

Haha I guess everyone's different...
  • fat2burn2014
    fat2burn2014 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Too each his own... but I am 41 with 2 young kids. Can't see a fit with someone in their 20's. I'm thinking 8-10 years +/- for me. Wait a minute... +10 puts that person in their 50's.... So glad I am happily married.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options

Yes...this!!!

This isn't always true of older men. All of it. It depends on the man.

• yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    19 man that is young. At least you specify have fun or/and dating. Well you got to be old enough to drink to date me. 21+.
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    19 is way too young. Late 20's would be the youngest I could go with. I prefer woman in their 40's though.
  • sparkynazca
    sparkynazca Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    My husband is five years younger than me, and when we were first together in our twenties I could definitely feel the age gap. Now that we are both in our thirties things feel more comfortable.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    No chance I would date a 19 year old.