I am afraid to even post this...

Options

Replies

• doxie_mom_db
    Options
    Hi!

I've been on MFP before and lost 40 lbs with ease. On that journey, I learned that the constant support of people with the same challenges is vital. I couldn't have done it without them. Unfortunately, life got in the way and I gained the weight back plus some--dang it! :explode:

I looking to build a support team (just like you) that will help cheer me on when I need a boost, give me an ear to vent to, and friends to celebrate my victories with. I promise to do the same for you!

Let's do this together. We can do it! :flowerforyou:

Just send me a friend request if you are interested.
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Hey, good to see you here! Feel free to add me. :) This is a great tool if you stick with it and eat right! There is some hit and miss with it in the beginning, so don't get discouraged.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Hi Tom!

I see you're up to 175 friends, so you probably don't need me on the pile, but I'm happy to support you if you'd like!

My advice? Focus just on each day as it comes. Trust me, the whole number is too overwhelming to think about at first. But work on making each day a good one - sticking to your calories, doing some sort of activity - you'll get where you want to go. Good luck to you!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this! Dont allow yourself to push to fast and fizzle out. Instead of a diet try making small changes and substitutions to things you already eat. Example swap oreos for blue berries and whip cream or jstins hazel nut spread with a few grahm crackers. Try walking go a little further each day until you can eventually run. Baby steps and presistance will get you there.
  • mazekah
    mazekah Posts: 52
    Options
    :wink: :wink: Bless you. Another option you may want to consider is Overeaters Anonymous-HOW program. You can attend on the phone and get tons of support. It's different than anything I've ever found, and helped me name the problem I have - compulsive overeating. The program is only for people like me who can't stop.
    Here is the link to find a meeting: http://www.oa.org/membersgroups/find-a-meeting/
    It has saved my life.

A fellow Traveler - Deb
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Good for you for posting your OP and for taking the step to join MFP. This is a great place that has helped me a lot. I gained weight after I got married and have never been able to get rid of it until I joined. I've learned a lot and met some really great people.

You can add me if you'd like... I'm on every day and love to support people. I'm no expert, but I'm always glad to help if I can.

Good luck to you and I hope you're able to reach your goal. You've got this!
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Just start little and make one healthy change at a time until it becomes habitual. Maybe start with dietary changes first, since they will be the easiest. You could make one goal a week. The first goal could be give up soda and try to wean yourself off with something sugar-free, then once you get that going, maybe wean yourself off the sugar-free stuff to water. Maybe start off with a 10 minute walk, then increase it next week to 20 minutes. Take it one day at a time, do not focus on the future, just start with the present. Do not go around anyone who is negative or will try to sabotage your efforts, stay away from negative energy people like to exude. Reward yourself everyday for the small changes you make. Think of the end goal when you need extra motivation. Friend me if you like.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    You've got this!

25947466_zpsf5ad438c.jpg
  • Blizaine
    Blizaine Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Go get'm Tom, you got this! It's all about making better choices everyday. And replacing bad habits with good ones. Good luck man.
  • maab12
    maab12 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    sent a friend request and message hope to hear from you soon
  • tlangenfeld
    tlangenfeld Posts: 2,330 Member
    Options
    reaching out for help is always the right first step in reaching your goal.
    and you will find that the support here at myfitnesspal is amazing because we all are here to reach our goals
    friend request sent :flowerforyou:
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Congratulation for being brave and postting . Their is not point going on diets , they don't work. It's Life changes you need to do and stick to it.

baby steps make one change each day and you soon find it become second nature. :)

What this person says !
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    Mind if I add you so I can assist with any of your concerns and to help motivate you? :)
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    friend request sent
  • KimINfortheWin
    KimINfortheWin Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    And this is something that may sound hard to do (IT TOTALLY IS) but take before pictures and measurements of yourself.

I had new badge at work taken right before I started my weight loss. And my scale shows that I really haven't lost many pounds recently. But Iooking at that little badge picture of my face where it was before, and where it is now is super encouraging. It also is making me less reliant on the scale to tell me I'm doing a good job.

Same poses, same clothes. You will be shocked at how quickly you'll be able to see the weight loss! And don't forget the 'Success Stories" thread on here. Anytime I am feeling like I can't make it, I lurk through those posts, of people who look just like me, now sporting bikinis! It's such an encouraging time.
  • MJDuley
    MJDuley Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent! :happy:
  • skebo28
    skebo28 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Tom,

You must be honest with yourself and you have to stop toying around with this. You must decide that you are the problem and quit making excuses. Losers make excuses and try to blame other people or events in their life for the reason they are like they are. So, let's get off the "pitty pot" and get busy. Only you can do this.
    It's time to start eating "clean" and charting every bite that goes in your mouth. I started this program a few weeks back and have found that it works if I chart everything and am honest with myself. You will find the same to be true.
    A method that works for me is having the same foods every day. The same 300 calorie breakfast, the same 450 calorie lunch and the same 500-600 calorie supper. I also have the same 150 calorie snack two times a day.
    I have also found that I have to get moving. I am walking 10-15 miles per week....no excuses.
    It's your call Tom. Go for it.
  • short_nerdy_lady
    Options
    Add me as a friend if you like. You can do this, I know cravings are hard and somedays just getting out of bed is hard but even small changes can add up.
  • Brandon74
    Brandon74 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Keep the faith!!!! You can do this!!!
  • gypsyrose64
    gypsyrose64 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You already gotten bunches of wonderful motivation and words of encouragement. I scanned through them, but just wanted to add my .02 cents.

* Cut yourself some slack. Like any major life changes, nothing gets done overnight. The same can be said for not-so-good days... one bad day does not negate 6 good days! Look at this as a decision to make better choices every time you eat. If you slip up, just make the next choice better! Giving up isn't an option!!

* Realize that weight-loss isn't consistent. You may lose a bunch at first and slow down. You may go 30 days without budging a pound! It's taking me forever to drop weight, but I refuse to see the scales as gauge for my success. Just plug ahead making better and better choices, and it WILL eventually yield results. Even though I am plateaued at the moment, I am feeling better and stronger than ever. Every healthy choice builds towards feeling better.

* Walk. I can't say this enough. ANY movement is better than none. Find your starting point, and build on it.

* Sleep. Consistent sleep makes a huge difference in your mood, energy, and outlook on life.

* Read. Every day, make yourself peruse success stories, read a health article, try out a new recipe...educate yourself on better health and invest time relearning how to cook, eat, and live. (this site is invaluable for this!)

You can do this!! One day at a time..... ;-)