Getting discouraged. Lean bulk or cut? What should I do?

Options

Replies

• PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    MityMax96 wrote: »
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    Totally unrelated, I'm curious why there's a big mirror across from the oven/microwave LOL

Because awesomeness happens in the kitchen. Where you been? :D :P

Damn, you're right. Note to self, hang mirror in kitchen for selfies LOL
    Well he stated he has been cutting for 2 months and is discouraged already.

Well, ya either get discouraged getting too skinny or get discouraged getting to fluffy. Choice is up to the OP.

He's already discouraged with the recent 2 month cut. So I'm not sure how much longer he can cut like everyone is suggesting.

I think you missed my point. With a higher bf %, especially in the midsection, I wouldn't be surprised if he got discouraged in 2 months because he was looking "fat."

Okay so being discouraged by a 2 month cut = okay. But predicting a 2 month bulk discouragement = OMG!

You don't even make sense. Seriously.

I don't think you understand. He is ALREADY discouraged by a 2 month cut. Maybe a 2-3 lean bulk is what he needs? So what if he gets discouraged in 2-3 months. 8-12 weeks isn't the worst bulk schedule is it?

I fail to believe he's going to make noticeable muscle gains in 2 months!

pffft...says you.
    I see 20 lbs, of LBM myself. Can you say GAINZZZZZ?!?!?! :D:D

That's only because you're on the juice ;)
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Totally unrelated, I'm curious why there's a big mirror across from the oven/microwave LOL

Well, ya either get discouraged getting too skinny or get discouraged getting to fluffy. Choice is up to the OP.

He's already discouraged with the recent 2 month cut. So I'm not sure how much longer he can cut like everyone is suggesting.

I think you missed my point. With a higher bf %, especially in the midsection, I wouldn't be surprised if he got discouraged in 2 months because he was looking "fat."

Okay so being discouraged by a 2 month cut = okay. But predicting a 2 month bulk discouragement = OMG!

I don't think you understand. He is ALREADY discouraged by a 2 month cut. Maybe a 2-3 lean bulk is what he needs? So what if he gets discouraged in 2-3 months. 8-12 weeks isn't the worst bulk schedule is it?

That's why I said 2-3 months. Not the ideal schedule but what is the alternative?
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

That's why I said 2-3 months. Not the ideal schedule but what is the alternative?

What do you think he'll gain in 3 months?
  • JeffseekingV
    edited November 2014
    Options

More than he would lose via another 2 month cut? If he's already on the fence with his current cut, how much do you think he can continue to lose? VS switching to a bulk and changing the goal to gain LBM?
  • PwrLftr82
    Options

My guess? Maybe 2 more lbs than after two months HAHAHAHA. This is getting ridiculous.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options

Then he should stop and go sit his @$$ on the couch

Hell I am getting discouraged trying to put on weight....but I have a goal in mind, so I am gonna stick it out....

Everyone has to put on their big girl panties at some point

Or maybe he's mind isn't some fragile flower and he could handle a slightly higher BF% if he can gain some size like he's been hinting. All depends on what is more important to him.

LOL

So he said he is on a cut....
    So then he should cut and suck it up....Good Lord....don't tell him to bulk if he is wanting to cut

He said he was on a cut and discouraged. Some results but not what he wanted. Either way he's discouraged. At the same time, he's not happy with the size of his arms or his lift numbers apparently. Hinting at the possibility of going off the cut and doing something OTHER than cutting.

Well F**K, we all get discouraged....it's a mind game...
    You still have to suck it up.

He has a goal, he set the goal, now he needs to see it through....
    Learn in the process and at the end he can say "I did it, and now I know and understand more."
  • AKDonF
    AKDonF Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Well, cut to single digits one time and you will understand what people mean when they say getting lower BF is harder. But down to 10% is not that difficult.
  • JeffseekingV
    Options

Hell I am getting discouraged trying to put on weight....but I have a goal in mind, so I am gonna stick it out....

Or maybe he's mind isn't some fragile flower and he could handle a slightly higher BF% if he can gain some size like he's been hinting. All depends on what is more important to him.

LOL

So then he should cut and suck it up....Good Lord....don't tell him to bulk if he is wanting to cut

He said he was on a cut and discouraged. Some results but not what he wanted. Either way he's discouraged. At the same time, he's not happy with the size of his arms or his lift numbers apparently. Hinting at the possibility of going off the cut and doing something OTHER than cutting.

Learn in the process and at the end he can say "I did it, and now I know and understand more."

Exactly. But some here were saying he might get discouraged if he went on a bulk and got up to a 20% BF. Like you say, it's a mind game. If he can handle it, he can go either way. Cut now and bulk later. Or go to bulk now and cut later. His decision. In his original post, he actually asks if a bulk now would be the better way. No one is actually examining that option for him other than to say "keep cutting"
  • PwrLftr82
    Options

LOL

Exactly. But some here were saying he might get discouraged if he went on a bulk and got up to a 20% BF. Like you say, it's a mind game. If he can handle it, he can go either way. Cut now and bulk later. Or go to bulk now and cut later. His decision. In his original post, he actually asks if a bulk now would be the better way. No one is actually examining that option for him other than to say "keep cutting"

This thread is starting to look oddly familiar...
  • MityMax96
    Options

LOL

Dude, this is the second thread you have posted in, where you are doing/saying the same crap. Just stop. Please.

This guy looking at where he is at, I will tell you now, like others have said. A bulk right now is not what is needed....along with the fact he is only 2 months into his cut.

So I and others were very clear, we examined the provided info and pictures...and our conclusion is right.
    Now if he don't like our advice/opinion, then he should not post.

But plain and simple HE SHOULD CONTINUE HIS CUT
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    va_01 wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I am 6'2, 188 lbs. I have been on a "cut" for a few months now. My mind is slowing losing steam and I don't really know what else to do. My lifts aren't specacular by any means, I have more fat around my abs than I'd like (i believe I'm around 15% bf). My arms are a measly 14" flexed cold. I'm beginning to hate my body and feel like there's nothing I can do.

As I've leaned out I do feel like I can see a tiny bit more definition, which makes me want to continue to my goal of about 12% bf before I hit a long lean bulk. However, my arms are so small, and I don't know if judging by the photos if you can tell if Id look decent with a little more fat off me? Or if there's just not enough lbm there. My instincts tell me to bulk just because I have been skinny and frail m whole life. I gained weight in a bulk over the past few years but not nearly enough that I'm satisfied with. I always was too pudgy for my liking in my stomach and legs (where I seem to hold most of my weight).

Thanks and please let me know what you think. Smarter to lean out now and then bulk? Or will a lean bulk displace my bf % in my favor?

Two choices asked of others

1) Smarter to lean out now and then bulk?

2) Or will a lean bulk displace my bf % in my favor?
  • MityMax96
    Options

LOL

This thread is starting to look oddly familiar...

Yes it is.
    SMH!!
  • MityMax96
    Options
    va_01 wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I am 6'2, 188 lbs. I have been on a "cut" for a few months now. My mind is slowing losing steam and I don't really know what else to do. My lifts aren't specacular by any means, I have more fat around my abs than I'd like (i believe I'm around 15% bf). My arms are a measly 14" flexed cold. I'm beginning to hate my body and feel like there's nothing I can do.

As I've leaned out I do feel like I can see a tiny bit more definition, which makes me want to continue to my goal of about 12% bf before I hit a long lean bulk. However, my arms are so small, and I don't know if judging by the photos if you can tell if Id look decent with a little more fat off me? Or if there's just not enough lbm there. My instincts tell me to bulk just because I have been skinny and frail m whole life. I gained weight in a bulk over the past few years but not nearly enough that I'm satisfied with. I always was too pudgy for my liking in my stomach and legs (where I seem to hold most of my weight).

Thanks and please let me know what you think. Smarter to lean out now and then bulk? Or will a lean bulk displace my bf % in my favor?

Two choices asked of others

1) Smarter to lean out now and then bulk?

2) Or will a lean bulk displace my bf % in my favor?

F**K me....
    Just stop, don't do this thread like you did the other one.

He is not in a position to bulk.
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    I'm curious to know why he can't do option 2) Is that essentially impossible?
  • MityMax96
    Options
    Because if OP is already frustrated at 2 months in on a cut, he is gonna be even more doing option 2.

Option 2 is a body recomp, and it takes a long time....think 10 - 12 months.

So again, please stop
    Go back to the other thread where you started suggesting this and keep posting there, don't junk up this one
  • PwrLftr82
    Options
    Because if OP is already frustrated at 2 months in on a cut, he is gonna be even more doing option 2.

So again, please stop
    Go back to the other thread where you started suggesting this and keep posting there, don't junk up this one

Seriously! I mentioned body recomp as one of the first responses to this thread and the OP said he didn't want to do that. My conclusion: cut a bit more, then bulk. Why do we keep banging our heads here?!
  • JeffseekingV
    edited November 2014
    Options

So again, please stop

Did you tell him that a recomp is a 10-12 month thing?
  • PwrLftr82
    Options

So again, please stop

Did you tell him that a recomp is a 10-12 month thing?

See first response to this thread. And then the OP's response.