Just for Today

Options
I once heard a very wise person say that she was just one cookie away from being 300 lbs again (she was about 150 lbs at the time). I thought that statement was a little drastic at the time. However, I have come to realize the truth of it. I followed a very rigid eating plan to lose the weight after my 4th child. But when my baby turned one, that piece of birthday cake that I ate quickly turned into 30 lbs gained. I know now that if I don't keep control of the food, it will control me. That being said, I find the thought of eating healthy for the rest of my life to be a little (okay, a lot) daunting. That's why tomorrow has become my best friend. I tell myself that I'm going to eat healthy forever, so I will enjoy one last day of treats today. Unfortunately, today has lasted for several months.

So my new mantra is "For Today". I will not think about eating healthy tomorrow (until tonight when I plan tomorrow's food). I will decide to eat healthy "for Today". When I get through today, I will recommit tomorrow, and the next day and the next. Hopefully, when I've chosen the right enough times, I will forget to have to choose, it will just be my life.

Replies

• cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,296 Member
    Options
    Just for Today -- I will get straight to my exercises as soon as I get home from work. Everything else can wait.

Chris
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will not eat my feelings!
  • cpanus
    Options

:flowerforyou:

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options

Glad to have found you all again Kate :)

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Just for Today: I will get up before noon, go outside into the sunlight, and think happy thoughts. B)

ETA: Make that Tomorrow. Right now, it's dark outside.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Just for today... I might stop over-obsessing with eating one cookie.
  • CricketKate
    Options

Glad to have found you all again Kate :)

Welcome Back!

• CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: I will get my steps in, somehow.
  • ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Just for Today: I will follow my plan so that I have a healthy tomorrow. Love it! Feel free to add me for support, would love the extra support as well. Ankdworak
  • AmigaMaria001
    AmigaMaria001 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will remind myself at every craving that nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I haven't quit smoking... I am just seeing how long I can go without one.. so far... 1300 days
  • cpanus
    Options
    Just for Today: I will do what I know works and smile because the scale is going in the right direction!
  • Jennkies
    Jennkies Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Just for today I will get in my 30 minute walk even though I don't have much time!
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: Just get it done!
  • cpanus
    Options
    Just for Today: I will be proud that I ate before the party that was totally loaded with terrific food and that I didn't partake in any of it!!
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Just for today, I will exercise and complete my food diary.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    Just for Today: Balance is key!
  • cpanus
    Options
    Just for Today: I will just get up and do it!
  • bakingforlife
    bakingforlife Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I once heard a very wise person say that she was just one cookie away from being 300 lbs again (she was about 150 lbs at the time). I thought that statement was a little drastic at the time. However, I have come to realize the truth of it. I followed a very rigid eating plan to lose the weight after my 4th child. But when my baby turned one, that piece of birthday cake that I ate quickly turned into 30 lbs gained. I know now that if I don't keep control of the food, it will control me. That being said, I find the thought of eating healthy for the rest of my life to be a little (okay, a lot) daunting. That's why tomorrow has become my best friend. I tell myself that I'm going to eat healthy forever, so I will enjoy one last day of treats today. Unfortunately, today has lasted for several months.

So my new mantra is "For Today". I will not think about eating healthy tomorrow (until tonight when I plan tomorrow's food). I will decide to eat healthy "for Today". When I get through today, I will recommit tomorrow, and the next day and the next. Hopefully, when I've chosen the right enough times, I will forget to have to choose, it will just be my life.

• bakingforlife
    bakingforlife Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    just for today i will only focus on todsy .
    just for today i wont eat my emotions
    just for today i committ to exercise