Divorce Horror Stories....

Options

Replies

• LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Money helps...
    That's what it all ends up being. Divorce is nothing more than taking your relationship and converting it into a business transaction.

• Hockey_Winger
    Hockey_Winger Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    marriage-funny-demotivational-poster-pics.jpg
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    such an interesting thread.

tales of woe, infidelity, financial ruin, living in squalor, lawyers and mediators fighting. People deactivating in this thread. Threats of profile lying. Fantastic.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    The first or second time I divorced him?

I'm not the only one lol. I married and divorced my ex twice. First time he left us for one woman and the second it was a completely other woman. Our second time getting divorced was much harder though.

Never understood why someone would take a person back after they left them for someone else, like they somehow magically changed into someone new.

This thread is pretty funny, especially the part where people get a good laugh out of heartbreaking experiences. The deactivated accounts are pretty interesting too.
  • ourtruelovewillneverdie
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    The first or second time I divorced him?

I'm not the only one lol. I married and divorced my ex twice. First time he left us for one woman and the second it was a completely other woman. Our second time getting divorced was much harder though.

Never understood why someone would take a person back after they left them for someone else, like they somehow magically changed into someone new.

This thread is pretty funny, especially the part where people get a good laugh out of heartbreaking experiences. The deactivated accounts are pretty interesting too.

Well, I personally find it funny because I have lived and learned from it. I'm also not miserable in my life like he is. It helped me become who I am today. I also married him again because I thought it was best for my children at the time. I don't always make the best decisions but I try to do the best I can. You live and you learn, right?

• SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    The worst divorce horror story has to be the movie "The War of the Roses!"
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Nah, they ended happily ever after, they never had to deal with each other ever again.
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Was with a girl for 8 yrs. Married for a little under 2 yrs. Left me for another because I was fat. She remarried the week after out divorce was finalized. That marriage lasted 2 years. The guy left her for another. She's now dating another guy. I'm just enjoying life :]
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Money helps...
    That's what it all ends up being. Divorce is nothing more than taking your relationship and converting it into a business transaction.
    That makes so much sense, Thanks for your insight.
  • LoneWolf_70
    LoneWolf_70 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    such an interesting thread.

tales of woe, infidelity, financial ruin, living in squalor, lawyers and mediators fighting. People deactivating in this thread. Threats of profile lying. Fantastic.
    To be clear, the OP is me. I deactivated that account, because I didn't realize this account was still active.
    Carry on.

I stand corrected, yet, still a very interesting thread. Please MFP posters, I need more stories.

• blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Will post my story in 6 mo to 1 yr or however long it takes in AZ
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    my story is too long to post here.

i'll try to shorten it up.

narcissistic alcoholic abusive hoarder I was married to him for 22 years. (closet alcoholic - i didn't know) Had a son. I furthered my education within that time period. The last 12 years he did not work - I was the sole supporter, he was somewhat disabled but actually got much better & could have worked.

divorce process - i proved he could work. he took half the assets he put ZERO funds into. I had to retain ALL the liabilities. he TORE the house up - house worth LESS THAN mortgage (I had to prove it with appraisal as he wanted me out of the house so he could have half the equity). judge ORDERED me to PAY HIM ALIMONY. we are suppose to share custody but he never contacts our son - probably better off that way. ok, every once in a while my son hears from him or spends the night but it's very rare! He pays NO child support. I have to pay an *kitten* who ABUSED me and my son money every month for the rest of his natural life. Now tell me... how the He!! is that fair???
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options

narcissistic alcoholic abusive hoarder I was married to him for 22 years. (closet alcoholic - i didn't know) Had a son. I furthered my education within that time period. The last 12 years he did not work - I was the sole supporter, he was somewhat disabled but actually got much better & could have worked.

divorce process - i proved he could work. he took half the assets he put ZERO funds into. I had to retain ALL the liabilities. he TORE the house up - house worth LESS THAN mortgage (I had to prove it with appraisal as he wanted me out of the house so he could have half the equity). judge ORDERED me to PAY HIM ALIMONY. we are suppose to share custody but he never contacts our son - probably better off that way. ok, every once in a while my son hears from him or spends the night but it's very rare! He pays NO child support. I have to pay an *kitten* who ABUSED me and my son money every month for the rest of his natural life. Now tell me... how the He!! is that fair???

Gorilla, Esq could have negotiated a deal where you could have at least kept all the crap he hoarded. The only mistake you made was staying with him the 12 years when he didn't work. You should have gotten your degree and dumped him. Now learn from your mistakes and pinky swear you will never get married again.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options

Gorilla, Esq could have negotiated a deal where you could have at least kept all the crap he hoarded. The only mistake you made was staying with him the 12 years when he didn't work. You should have gotten your degree and dumped him. Now learn from your mistakes and pinky swear you will never get married again.

hahahaha! it's been a few years and at first i would have told you there was no way in He11 i would have gotten married again! however, now i do hold out hope. but this time, i will make d@mn sure we are BEST Friends first and know that it is RIGHT before saying "I do" again. however, do not fret... just 'playing the game' right now... ;) oh and having a BLAST doing it (pun intended)

• Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I had a lawyer, he didn't. I got what I wanted and more than I would have gotten had he not had a lawyer. I got my divorce for costs only since I had worked for the lawyers I used. I see him often he still is an obnoxious idiot. I'm happy and loving life so what's the opposite of a divorce horror story?
  • N2Couture
    N2Couture Posts: 2,762 Member
    Options
    The worst divorce horror story has to be the movie "The War of the Roses!"

Loved that one!