Over 50 club

Options

Replies

• BBee5064
    BBee5064 Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    I have a few friends who are nurses & boy you guys work so hard. I hope you can reduce your hours at some point. I keep my fingers crossed :)
  • Flowerbaby2
    Flowerbaby2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Well Busybee I did my company Xmas party and I really did try to watch what I ate,1 teaspoon of mashed potatoes,no bread, but they had prime rib.I left about a quarter of it on my plate but still went over on my calories.They had that rhocca toffee candy which I love but never buy and I had 4 pieces.I was careful it could of been a lot worse but according to my calorie counter I blew it.Im actually hungry now so I know I did not overeate,it's just Prime rib is fattening.its ok tomorrow is a new day and I did bank some calories this week so that helps.I did listen to your advise and did relax a little bit
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Flowerbaby2 you have such great will power. You even had some calories banked, Im impressed. Have a great day :D
  • yogagirl1987
    yogagirl1987 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just started back after a year absence and found this group. Just needing some motivation from others and love reading about your journeys. Taking control of my eating is rooted in my mental state, so meditation has been helpful for me. I've also started to cook most all of my meals, rather than eating out and this helps me control my calories.
    My frustration is the yo-yoing of my weight. Even when I stay in my calorie allowance my weight tends to go up a pound or two and then down again.

I'm 59 and would like to join your group for some inspiration and motivation!
  • icu814me2
    icu814me2 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    52 and lost 90 since February 7th with 30 to go! I have a LOT of advice, but for the most part it's calories in, calories out! Drink plenty of water and do some moderate exercise at least 5 days a week. Weigh and count EVERYTHING you consume. Be honest and accurate, You can do it!!!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Greg961964 wrote: »
    I am 50 even. I wanted to lose 50 by 50, but lost 15. Now the rest needs to go!

Greg you are now only 35 away now so that is going in the right direction. Slower the loss rate can help reduce the risk of rebound gains I read. :)

• zlitwin
    zlitwin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am INSPIRED by stories of weight loss over 50. I quickly put on ten pounds with menopause and now at 51 want to get it off! I know it's only ten pounds but it might as well be 100. Great to see success, I hope to join you!
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    62, boot camp and counting calories!
  • BBee5064
    Options
    Just started back after a year absence and found this group. Just needing some motivation from others and love reading about your journeys. Taking control of my eating is rooted in my mental state, so meditation has been helpful for me. I've also started to cook most all of my meals, rather than eating out and this helps me control my calories.
    My frustration is the yo-yoing of my weight. Even when I stay in my calorie allowance my weight tends to go up a pound or two and then down again.

Love to have u in the group,
    We can all motivate each other :)
  • BBee5064
    Options
    icu814me2 wrote: »
    52 and lost 90 since February 7th with 30 to go! I have a LOT of advice, but for the most part it's calories in, calories out! Drink plenty of water and do some moderate exercise at least 5 days a week. Weigh and count EVERYTHING you consume. Be honest and accurate, You can do it!!!

Some great advise
    Thanku
  • BBee5064
    Options
    zlitwin wrote: »
    I am INSPIRED by stories of weight loss over 50. I quickly put on ten pounds with menopause and now at 51 want to get it off! I know it's only ten pounds but it might as well be 100. Great to see success, I hope to join you!

Love to have u
  • BBee5064
    Options
    62, boot camp and counting calories!
    I lI've boot camp. How's it going?
  • Flowerbaby2
    Options

• Flowerbaby2
    Options
    That's awesome.I have another 90 lbs to go and I am excited about this journey.It almost fees like a rebirth as I do the work and see the results.I didn't know if I could do it but I feel more confident each day
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a 50 year oldtrying to lose 50 pounds. Anybody got any tips

I never eat off a paper plate or out of a container. The last thing I want is a meal that screams “I’m on a diet!” I adjust plate size depending upon the meal. I also have healthy mid-morning / afternoon snacks and save some calories for the TV munchies (100-calorie popcorn, Fiber Bar, Jell, Sugar-free Fruit Cups, Edy’s Frozen Bars etc.)

I do NOT deprive my wife of her favorites. She does not have a weight problem – I do. I will buy her occasional chocolates, ice cream, pizza, chips and McDonalds etc. and have none of it myself. She has always had those things in moderation and it helps me condition myself.

When it comes to restaurants, I always check their on-line menu / nutrition guide and make multiple selections in advance. If out of town etc., I don't drive myself nuts. I know what is and isn't healthy. I know what portion sizes should look like (largely sticking with fist-size quantities).

I make most of my own healthy low-calorie dinners (see below – all under 250 calories – not that I don’t eat meals over 250

73641431.png

MealSamples_border_zps65f882d4.jpg
  • Flowerbaby2
    Options
    Greg961964 wrote: »
    I am 50 even. I wanted to lose 50 by 50, but lost 15. Now the rest needs to go!

Greg you are now only 35 away now so that is going in the right direction. Slower the loss rate can help reduce the risk of rebound gains I read. :)

• Flowerbaby2
    Options
    A doctor told me that slow wt loss achieved by lifestyle change and not dieting was really more lasting.Thats what I am trying to accomplish.Slow but steady for this little turtle
  • Flowerbaby2
    Options
    That is so awesome.Now that takes perceverence.Good tips.That gives me hope
  • BBee5064
    Options
    NikonPal wrote: »
    Hi I'm a 50 year oldtrying to lose 50 pounds. Anybody got any tips

I never eat off a paper plate or out of a container. The last thing I want is a meal that screams “I’m on a diet!” I adjust plate size depending upon the meal. I also have healthy mid-morning / afternoon snacks and save some calories for the TV munchies (100-calorie popcorn, Fiber Bar, Jell, Sugar-free Fruit Cups, Edy’s Frozen Bars etc.)

I do NOT deprive my wife of her favorites. She does not have a weight problem – I do. I will buy her occasional chocolates, ice cream, pizza, chips and McDonalds etc. and have none of it myself. She has always had those things in moderation and it helps me condition myself.

When it comes to restaurants, I always check their on-line menu / nutrition guide and make multiple selections in advance. If out of town etc., I don't drive myself nuts. I know what is and isn't healthy. I know what portion sizes should look like (largely sticking with fist-size quantities).

I make most of my own healthy low-calorie dinners (see below – all under 250 calories – not that I don’t eat meals over 250

73641431.png

MealSamples_border_zps65f882d4.jpg

Hi NikonPal,
    Thankyou for sharing your fabulous weight loss tips
  • Flowerbaby2
    Options
    Hi all,I saw the post of the one person who lost 168 lbs,awesome,.I have been so careful this Holiday to stay away from the goodiesMy. Nieghbor gave me a big bag of Gheradeli chocolates and I think I am going to regift it to a skinny person I know who loves chocolate.I would not mind having 1or 2 pieces but not a whole bag. Well just a few more fat trap days and we will be past it.Remember the reason for the season and it's not to eat goodies