Juicing and cleansing

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    My liver is fabulous and I have seen first hand this work for people whose livers are not.

So no studies then. You are just going with anecdotal evidence now?
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    leelee870 wrote: »
    You guys are super mean!! What is wrong with restarting your body? I don't have an eating disorder, thank you very much. I don't think being 15 lbs over weight, 150!!! After my second child is classified as an eating disorder, neither is starting with a light cleanse and 50% raw diet to try and lose the weight. If you are so terribly against it then that is your issue, which I can see you have many of. Forget this community, because it seems to me that you are a bunch of small minded people who are emotionally messed.

And there it is!

Our point is you don't need to cleanse anything from your body, as your liver and kidneys already do that. If you want to lose weight, all that is needed is eating less than you burn. Any special diets like this will only help you out temporarily, if at all. They don't teach you how to properly feed your body.

Actually if you want to be exact, it is not a bad idea to cleanse your liver, it doesn't always do a perfect job or liver disease wouldn't be a problem, i Myself use an essential oil mixed with lemons and peppermint to cleanse my liver, and their are many study's on this that say it is a very wise idea, so really your just being judgmental when you do not have all of your facts correct. SMH

That will not cleanse your liver in any way.

Liver Clearing Blend
    Health-Essentials.info recommends a mixture of three essential oils called the "Liver Clearing Blend" for improving liver health and function. This blend consists of ledum essential oil, which contains high antioxidant properties for detoxification, celery seed essential oil, which helps to rejuvenate the liver, and helichrysum essential oil, which is a natural anticoagulant and antiviral. This essential blend helps cleanse the liver and protect it from disease.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/332689-essential-oils-for-liver-health/

Liver cleansing can be very important, especially if you have a fatty liver or are trying to do a full body detox. There are many herbs and products available to aid you in cleansing your liver, and there are also many essential oils that can help your liver cleansing. Here are the top 5 essential oils that can help cleanse the liver:

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/facts_4826191_essential-oils-liver-cleansing.html

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/facts_4826191_essential-oils-liver-cleansing.html

Some nice reading here for you

http://www.articlesbase.com/nutrition-articles/liver-cleanse-with-essential-oils-3323050.html

Name one toxin being removed from your body by cleansing. Specific to the cleansing, not one that your body removes naturally. A toxin that our bodies cannot handle, necessitating a cleanse.
  • PikaKnight
    edited November 2014
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    You guys are super mean!! What is wrong with restarting your body? I don't have an eating disorder, thank you very much. I don't think being 15 lbs over weight, 150!!! After my second child is classified as an eating disorder, neither is starting with a light cleanse and 50% raw diet to try and lose the weight. If you are so terribly against it then that is your issue, which I can see you have many of. Forget this community, because it seems to me that you are a bunch of small minded people who are emotionally messed.

And there it is!

Our point is you don't need to cleanse anything from your body, as your liver and kidneys already do that. If you want to lose weight, all that is needed is eating less than you burn. Any special diets like this will only help you out temporarily, if at all. They don't teach you how to properly feed your body.

Actually if you want to be exact, it is not a bad idea to cleanse your liver, it doesn't always do a perfect job or liver disease wouldn't be a problem, i Myself use an essential oil mixed with lemons and peppermint to cleanse my liver, and their are many study's on this that say it is a very wise idea, so really your just being judgmental when you do not have all of your facts correct. SMH

Liver Clearing Blend
    Health-Essentials.info recommends a mixture of three essential oils called the "Liver Clearing Blend" for improving liver health and function. This blend consists of ledum essential oil, which contains high antioxidant properties for detoxification, celery seed essential oil, which helps to rejuvenate the liver, and helichrysum essential oil, which is a natural anticoagulant and antiviral. This essential blend helps cleanse the liver and protect it from disease.

Liver cleansing can be very important, especially if you have a fatty liver or are trying to do a full body detox. There are many herbs and products available to aid you in cleansing your liver, and there are also many essential oils that can help your liver cleansing. Here are the top 5 essential oils that can help cleanse the liver:

http://www.articlesbase.com/nutrition-articles/liver-cleanse-with-essential-oils-3323050.html

Name one toxin being removed from your body by cleansing. Specific to the cleansing, not one that your body removes naturally. A toxin that our bodies cannot handle, necessitating a cleanse.

Or at least one that is scientifically proven to be removed more efficiently with the addition of lemon and peppermint essential oils versus just the liver doing as it is supposed to do by itself.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    My liver is fabulous and I have seen first hand this work for people whose livers are not.

So no studies then. You are just going with anecdotal evidence now?

Apparently that counts.

Oh and the only thing ehow is good for is how to get red ink out of clothes. Not for health advice.
  • andreavan28
    andreavan28 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    there are 3 different sites there, and the last link is great you guys get on that poor girl for her chosen method and upset with her when she says you are closed minded but when you see that there are actual studies on it you do not even wanna take in that their might be more points of veiws other then yours! So everyone just sat here and made comments that made that poor girl deactivate her account! ITS HER CHOSEN PATH if she feels good about it why bash her down, why can't anyone just say let me know how that works out for you, or maybe even a that wouldn't be the path I would fallow but if it helps you you go girl! All anyone did was tell her how wrong she was!!!!
  • PikaKnight
    edited November 2014
    Options
    there are 3 different sites there, and the last link is great you guys get on that poor girl for her chosen method and upset with her when she says you are closed minded but when you see that there are actual studies on it you do not even wanna take in that their might be more points of veiws other then yours! So everyone just sat here and made comments that made that poor girl deactivate her account! ITS HER CHOSEN PATH if she feels good about it why bash her down, why can't anyone just say let me know how that works out for you, or maybe even a that wouldn't be the path I would fallow but if it helps you you go girl! All anyone did was tell her how wrong she was!!!!

That last link is not "great" and it most certainly isn't a study. :laugh:

None of them are.
  • andreavan28
    Options
    this is pointless no one can ever just let people make their own choices, bash bash bash bash. pfft your wrong i am right and there is nothing you can do about it because I am going to shove my opinion down your throat untill you just can't handle it anymore. Love the support given! bravo!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Like I said before in this very thread... There have been some people here that have done this very thing and found that it doesn't work. It's a waste of time, energy, and money... Every single person that comes in here touting these cleanses and detoxes cannot name ONE toxin that is eliminated as a result. And I have my own bone to pick with snake oil that is "essential oils" and it's salesmen.

You wanna waste your resources on this mumbo-jumbo... Good for you... But don't expect educated people to buy into it as we have already done our research on it and have come to our own conclusions.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    this is pointless no one can ever just let people make their own choices, bash bash bash bash. pfft your wrong i am right and there is nothing you can do about it because I am going to shove my opinion down your throat untill you just can't handle it anymore. Love the support given! bravo!

I'm being open minded and waiting for you to present an actual study that shows that liver function improves with lemon and peppermint oils. But because you can't find them, you are now taking the road of accusing us of being close minded and shoving our opinions down throats...which, um, look who's talking now.
  • andreavan28
    Options
    The liver is the gateway to the body and in this chemical age its detoxification systems are easily overloaded. Thousands of chemicals are added to food and over 700 have been identified in drinking water. Plants are sprayed with toxic chemicals, animals are injected with potent hormones and antibiotics and a significant amount of our food is genetically engineered, processed, refined, frozen and cooked. All this can lead to destruction of delicate vitamins and minerals, which are needed for the detoxification pathways in the liver. The liver must try to cope with every toxic chemical in our environment, as well as damaged fats that are present in processed and fried foods.

Liver cleanse does not work on it's own but your liver does get overloaded with toxins from everywhere, you can't sit and name every toxin that your body dispels, so yeah i think aiding your liver in it's job can only be helpful. I am very educated but thanks for assuming that I'm not.
  • andreavan28
    Options
    What does the research say?
    Research studies on essential oils show positive effects for a variety of health concerns including infections, pain, anxiety, depression, tumors, premenstrual syndrome, nausea, and many others. The resources on this page are meant to highlight a few examples.

References
    Expert Contributor: Linda Halcón, PhD, MPH, RN, RATC

Also do some research on a dr, dana young.
  • PikaKnight
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Research studies on essential oils show positive effects for a variety of health concerns including infections, pain, anxiety, depression, tumors, premenstrual syndrome, nausea, and many others. The resources on this page are meant to highlight a few examples.

References

The quote wasn't actually said by Linda Halcon, by the way, and seems to be a generic statement sited in various blogs without any reference to who actually said this. Also, it seems a lot has to do with aromatherapy, not ingesting liquids as a detoxification aide.

And nothing points to studies in regards to your claims of lemon and peppermint oil aiding in liver function.

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I have some probably stupid questions. These oils.... do you ingest them? Also, how do you know your liver is fabulous? What specifically does it do that my likely less than fabulous liver does not?
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    The liver is the gateway to the body and in this chemical age its detoxification systems are easily overloaded. Thousands of chemicals are added to food and over 700 have been identified in drinking water. Plants are sprayed with toxic chemicals, animals are injected with potent hormones and antibiotics and a significant amount of our food is genetically engineered, processed, refined, frozen and cooked. All this can lead to destruction of delicate vitamins and minerals, which are needed for the detoxification pathways in the liver. The liver must try to cope with every toxic chemical in our environment, as well as damaged fats that are present in processed and fried foods.

Liver cleanse does not work on it's own but your liver does get overloaded with toxins from everywhere, you can't sit and name every toxin that your body dispels, so yeah i think aiding your liver in it's job can only be helpful. I am very educated but thanks for assuming that I'm not.

Well, since you are very educated, then you know what an actual study is. I look forward to seeing that instead of random websites or anecdotal evidence.

And as Kruggeri pointed out, what is your basis in regards to proof of improved liver function. Were you part of a study? Did you do extensive tests and scans prior, during and after the improvement of liver function? Why was it not functioning optimally to begin with? Was there other medical factors/issues involved?

Or was this more a psychosomatic thing in which you "felt" as if things improved? Could this be true to all the others who have said so to you in regards to liver health improvement?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

And there it is!

Please could you cite credible sources that shows that lemons and peppermint cleanses (as in rids it of toxiz) that your liver would not otherwise do without it. Thanks!

• Sarauk2sf
    Options

And there it is!

Liver Clearing Blend

Credible sources please.

Also, I suggest you read the link provided earlier...it does provide a lot of links to credible sources.

• Sarauk2sf
    edited November 2014
    Options

Nice copy pasta from that site you already linked.

Please provide links/cite where this 'detox' will rid the liver of toxins.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

References

What has that to do with liver detoxes?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

People like to make sure that misinformation is not touted.

Also, support =/= agreeing with everything that everyone says. Especially if its wrong and potentially harmful.

• andreavan28
    Options
    no support is letting them making their choices and accepting them for what they are