Juicing and cleansing

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    no support is letting them making their choices and accepting them for what they are

I absolutely disagree with this statement, particularly taken in the context to which is appears to have been made.

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    no support is letting them making their choices and accepting them for what they are

No. Hell no. Especially when you see someone asking how to be dangerously underweight or starve themselves. I'm not supporting that AT ALL.

• Sarauk2sf
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    leelee870 wrote: »
    You guys are super mean!! What is wrong with restarting your body? I don't have an eating disorder, thank you very much. I don't think being 15 lbs over weight, 150!!! After my second child is classified as an eating disorder, neither is starting with a light cleanse and 50% raw diet to try and lose the weight. If you are so terribly against it then that is your issue, which I can see you have many of. Forget this community, because it seems to me that you are a bunch of small minded people who are emotionally messed.

And there it is!

Our point is you don't need to cleanse anything from your body, as your liver and kidneys already do that. If you want to lose weight, all that is needed is eating less than you burn. Any special diets like this will only help you out temporarily, if at all. They don't teach you how to properly feed your body.

Actually if you want to be exact, it is not a bad idea to cleanse your liver, it doesn't always do a perfect job or liver disease wouldn't be a problem, i Myself use an essential oil mixed with lemons and peppermint to cleanse my liver, and their are many study's on this that say it is a very wise idea, so really your just being judgmental when you do not have all of your facts correct. SMH

If your liver isn't doing a good job, then essential oils aren't what you need. A visit to the doctor is.

Also, many studies? Please provide links to the actual studies.

lol...this got flagged. Total abuse of the CGs...oh, wait.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    You guys are super mean!! What is wrong with restarting your body? I don't have an eating disorder, thank you very much. I don't think being 15 lbs over weight, 150!!! After my second child is classified as an eating disorder, neither is starting with a light cleanse and 50% raw diet to try and lose the weight. If you are so terribly against it then that is your issue, which I can see you have many of. Forget this community, because it seems to me that you are a bunch of small minded people who are emotionally messed.

And there it is!

Our point is you don't need to cleanse anything from your body, as your liver and kidneys already do that. If you want to lose weight, all that is needed is eating less than you burn. Any special diets like this will only help you out temporarily, if at all. They don't teach you how to properly feed your body.

Actually if you want to be exact, it is not a bad idea to cleanse your liver, it doesn't always do a perfect job or liver disease wouldn't be a problem, i Myself use an essential oil mixed with lemons and peppermint to cleanse my liver, and their are many study's on this that say it is a very wise idea, so really your just being judgmental when you do not have all of your facts correct. SMH

If your liver isn't doing a good job, then essential oils aren't what you need. A visit to the doctor is.

Right! Lol. Flagged for common sense. *smh* Damn.

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »

And there it is!

Right! Lol. Flagged for common sense. *smh* Damn.

I'm tempted to flag you for smacking your head. I could take that as offensive you know.

I need some vodka, it should clean up my liver nicely, no?
  • andreavan28
    andreavan28 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    fasting is not starving yourself it is actually a very widely used Buddhist practice. and if you dont want to support their choices then be nice about it or dont say anything at all AFTER all this site is supposed to be a SUPPORT system.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    fasting is not starving yourself it is actually a very widely used Buddhist practice. and if you dont want to support their choices then be nice about it or dont say anything at all AFTER all this site is supposed to be a SUPPORT system.

Who and what are you talking about? No one is talking about fasting.

• Sarauk2sf
    Options

Did you really go through this thread and flag the people that disagreed with you?

If so, you may want to check out the community guidelines

• GertrudeHorse
    GertrudeHorse Posts: 646 Member
    Options

That's not support. That's called enabling people to harm themselves. If you stand by when people do dangerous things, and you don't tell them it's stupid or dangerous? Well that isn't being supportive at all.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

Something tells me that the young girls who come in here eating little to nothing are NOT Buddhist, and actual Buddhists would likely be offended that you use their practices to make others seem like meanies (which isn't at all Buddhist).
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    DINO1264 wrote: »
    I wonder if they still make those pads you stick to the bottom of your feet to pull all of the toxins out of your body?...............................................

My mother used to put onions in my socks when I was sick for that reason. All I remember getting was really bad smelling feet out of the deal.

Oh my God my Mum used to strap half an onion to my ear when I had ear ache - I have never met any one else whos mum has used onions as medicine.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Something tells me that the young girls who come in here eating little to nothing are NOT Buddhist, and actual Buddhists would likely be offended that you use their practices to make others seem like meanies (which isn't at all Buddhist).

Yep. True again ^
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    correct me if i am wrong here but wasn't it established several pages ago that OP did not deactivate, it's just that bug that makes it appear as much? Or are we just unsure if they deactivated or not?
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    correct me if i am wrong here but wasn't it established several pages ago that OP did not deactivate, it's just that bug that makes it appear as much? Or are we just unsure if they deactivated or not?

I think they really deactivated.

• trinatrina1984
    Options

Aaand wrongest post of the week award goes to...
  • trinatrina1984
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    I have some probably stupid questions. These oils.... do you ingest them? Also, how do you know your liver is fabulous? What specifically does it do that my likely less than fabulous liver does not?

This is exactly what I thought - Andreavan how do you know how well your liver is working?
  • andreavan28
    Options
    I have some probably stupid questions. These oils.... do you ingest them? Also, how do you know your liver is fabulous? What specifically does it do that my likely less than fabulous liver does not?

This is exactly what I thought - Andreavan how do you know how well your liver is working?

I have actually had enzyme tests on my liver, and yes i do ingest them i use the lemon oil and peppermint oil mixed with fresh squeezed lemon and a little molasses. I have a shot of this in the morning 20 minutes before i eat breakfast or have anything else to drink. I alternate this sometimes with honey mixed in with some tea as this is great for the digestive system. I do not starve myself and I do not push it on anyone else but it makes me feel great.
  • andreavan28
    Options

Yep. True again ^

My best friend is a Buddhist and takes no offense to what I said, and they do fast I was simply stating a fact. I didn't use it as an example of people being mean I used it as an example of hey you never know so judging is not nice.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

I have actually had enzyme tests on my liver, and yes i do ingest them i use the lemon oil and peppermint oil mixed with fresh squeezed lemon and a little molasses. I have a shot of this in the morning 20 minutes before i eat breakfast or have anything else to drink. I alternate this sometimes with honey mixed in with some tea as this is great for the digestive system. I do not starve myself and I do not push it on anyone else but it makes me feel great.

How do they test the enzymes? Is it a blood test? Do you have it done at your doctors? How often do they do it?

• JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    The liver is the gateway to the body and in this chemical age its detoxification systems are easily overloaded. Thousands of chemicals are added to food and over 700 have been identified in drinking water. Plants are sprayed with toxic chemicals, animals are injected with potent hormones and antibiotics and a significant amount of our food is genetically engineered, processed, refined, frozen and cooked. All this can lead to destruction of delicate vitamins and minerals, which are needed for the detoxification pathways in the liver. The liver must try to cope with every toxic chemical in our environment, as well as damaged fats that are present in processed and fried foods.

Liver cleanse does not work on it's own but your liver does get overloaded with toxins from everywhere, you can't sit and name every toxin that your body dispels, so yeah i think aiding your liver in it's job can only be helpful. I am very educated but thanks for assuming that I'm not.

Yes, things like metals and certain chemicals can build up in the body, but essential oils CANNOT fix that, without medical intervention you get sick and you die.

No, The liver is not 'the gateway to the body', that makes no sense.
    No, not all chemicals are bad, everything is chemicals. Putting lemon in water is adding chemicals to it.
    No, That's not what vitamins and minerals are for.
    No, 'Detoxification pathways' are not something that exist, in the liver or otherwise
    No, there is no such thing as 'damaged fats'. Do you mean heated fats? Trans fats?

Carbon Dioxide, Urea, Bilirubin, dead pathogens and bacteria. I can sit here and name every 'toxin' that the body dispels, if you think it would help.