If eating trash makes us sick, why do we keep eating it?

Options

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Errata, ffs I'm not going to look it up for you, pick up any old bag of processed junk off the shelf and read the label. You will see many strange and unpronounceable chemicals. You can sell *anything* on the street if people believe it will make them high. :P There is no point in all sticking our heads in the sand regarding the massive tampering of our food supply. It's not BS. Look at the bloody labels. What is all that crap?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    In for botulism.

I keep trying to cultivate it at home, in the center of my dried sausages.

Apparently, it's not as easy to grow as people claim.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Alot of it has to do with the TYPE of carbs you are eating. if you eat 100grams worth of carbs from sweets you would get a different result from eating 100grams worth of carbs from vegetables. I am not saying it works for everyone but it works for me.

Glad you found what works for you.

What worked for me was eating things I enjoyed which includes baked goods, ice cream, gelato. Got some pretty good results 116 lbs lost, taken off 10 prescriptions and improved all my blood work.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Alot of it has to do with the TYPE of carbs you are eating. if you eat 100grams worth of carbs from sweets you would get a different result from eating 100grams worth of carbs from vegetables. I am not saying it works for everyone but it works for me.

Glad you found what works for you.

What worked for me was eating things I enjoyed which includes baked goods, ice cream, gelato. Got some pretty good results 116 lbs lost, taken off 10 prescriptions and improved all my blood work.

Awesome.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    This thread seriously is one of the most rambling things I have ever seen on here.

Started with us all being manipulated by TV ads as children putting us on our path to poor health, continued on to talking about addictive chemicals being added to our food, a huge tirade about KFC and how it isn't real chicken, then snowballed into baking soda is toxic, and now we are debating about carbs?

I never got a bingo card - is it too late?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Errata, ffs I'm not going to look it up for you, pick up any old bag of processed junk off the shelf and read the label. You will see many strange and unpronounceable chemicals. You can sell *anything* on the street if people believe it will make them high. :P There is no point in all sticking our heads in the sand regarding the massive tampering of our food supply. It's not BS. Look at the bloody labels. What is all that crap?

Well....one of the chemicals that people don't know is usually water...
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Because the majority of people have been brainwashed by being told that Low fat diets are the way to lose weight and fat, this is UNCORRECT if you truly want to be in the best shape you can the diet you should be eating should contain Low carbs, High Fats and Moderate proteins. The reason people cannot stop eating junk food is because they have no idea what GOOD food is. Just look at companies such as Weight Watchers who advertise / sell items that claim to be low fat and will help you to lose weight, in fact what happens is the complete OPPOSITE. I can state this from experience as for years i have been eating what the typical person eats, a low fat, high carb diet and as soon as i changed my diet i felt 100% better and healthier. Try it for a week guys you will be amazed by the results.

Not everyone should eat like this. Not everyone can eat like this. Not everyone would feel better eating like this. And not everyone would be healthier eating like this. Ending your post with "try it for a week guys and you will be amazed by the results" suggests that everyone here who has already demonstrated a manner of success with their current method needs to stop and try your way because it's better. What makes it better? What makes it better for everyone? It's an irresponsible way to end a post, imo, and it's not going to be received well.

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »

And baking soda. Which may or may not kill you. We haven't decided that one yet.
  • DiabolicalColossus
    DiabolicalColossus Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    "Uncorrect".

But I'm sure your points are credible and salient.

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »

And baking soda. Which may or may not kill you. We haven't decided that one yet.

!@#$#@, why didn't I think of that one? That may have been the greatest MFP post of all time.
  • PRMinx
    Options

!@#$#@, why didn't I think of that one? That may have been the greatest MFP post of all time.

This thread delivers. I also got a kick out of "skinny stealthing" from another thread. It sure has been an MFP week!
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    if you truly want to be in the best shape you can the diet you should be eating should contain Low carbs, High Fats and Moderate proteins.

Incorrect...

• Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options

No, baking soda is what sweet grandma's use to leaven their homemade cookies. Sodium Bicarbonate is what is used by big bad industry and mad scientists run amok trying to kill and addict us all with their chemical chickens.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    In for the aspartame scare
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I bet the poster of the baking soda thing would have a fit if they saw the amount of sodium nitrite and sodium nitrate in my cupboard.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options

100 grams of sweets have a lot more calories then 100 grams of vegetables. It works for everyone and that is why (CICO). Not because of the reasons you think...
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Can someone give me the Cliffs notes for this train wreck?
    All I want to know is if KFC will make me sexier.
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    This is by far the most entertaining thread on MFP. !!!
  • PRMinx
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Can someone give me the Cliffs notes for this train wreck?
    All I want to know is if KFC will make me sexier.

KFC is trash food, but not the kind you get out of a dumpster. It has poison and toxins. Also, it's highly addictive because the big bad corporations are infusing it with chemicals meant to cause addiction. They are also brainwashing us with commercials. Now, KFC has changed its name because it's fake chemical chicken. And it will kill you. Baking soda will also kill you. Low carb v. no carb v. high carb. Semantics. More toxins. More semantics. Bingo cards.