If eating trash makes us sick, why do we keep eating it?

Options

Replies

• deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    Can someone give me the Cliffs notes for this train wreck?
    All I want to know is if KFC will make me sexier.

KFC is trash food, but not the kind you get out of a dumpster. It has poison and toxins. Also, it's highly addictive because the big bad corporations are infusing it with chemicals meant to cause addiction. They are also brainwashing us with commercials. Now, KFC has changed its name because it's fake chemical chicken. And it will kill you. Baking soda will also kill you. Low carb v. no carb v. high carb. Semantics. More toxins. More semantics. Bingo cards.

Thanks!!
    Has anyone discussed how a pound of muscle does not actually weight more than a pound of fat yet? I think that is relevant to the topic.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I saw earlier in the week that a pound of muscle weighed 3x a pound of fat.

I was impressed, and attempted to subscribe to their newsletter.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Baking soda is the Devil's cocaine.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Because the majority of people have been brainwashed by being told that Low fat diets are the way to lose weight and fat, this is UNCORRECT if you truly want to be in the best shape you can the diet you should be eating should contain Low carbs, High Fats and Moderate proteins. The reason people cannot stop eating junk food is because they have no idea what GOOD food is. Just look at companies such as Weight Watchers who advertise / sell items that claim to be low fat and will help you to lose weight, in fact what happens is the complete OPPOSITE. I can state this from experience as for years i have been eating what the typical person eats, a low fat, high carb diet and as soon as i changed my diet i felt 100% better and healthier. Try it for a week guys you will be amazed by the results.

Totally and utterly false for me. I do better on getting carbs as high as possible while still getting enough protein and fats.

Also, there other alternatives than a low fat, high carb diet v a higher fat low carb diet!

Not sure how the post I am quoting is relevant to the OP however.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Seems legit :p

• Sarauk2sf
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Errata, ffs I'm not going to look it up for you, pick up any old bag of processed junk off the shelf and read the label. You will see many strange and unpronounceable chemicals. You can sell *anything* on the street if people believe it will make them high. :P There is no point in all sticking our heads in the sand regarding the massive tampering of our food supply. It's not BS. Look at the bloody labels. What is all that crap?

Because you cannot pronounce it or do not know what it is, then its automatically bad?
  • Sarauk2sf
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Alot of it has to do with the TYPE of carbs you are eating. if you eat 100grams worth of carbs from sweets you would get a different result from eating 100grams worth of carbs from vegetables. I am not saying it works for everyone but it works for me.

In what way?. [Not actually disagreeing, depending on the reasoning, but that's a very vague statement].

Edited as I cannot type today...maybe I had some baking soda snuck into my food earlier that is affecting me negatively.

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    Errata, ffs I'm not going to look it up for you, pick up any old bag of processed junk off the shelf and read the label. You will see many strange and unpronounceable chemicals. You can sell *anything* on the street if people believe it will make them high. :P There is no point in all sticking our heads in the sand regarding the massive tampering of our food supply. It's not BS. Look at the bloody labels. What is all that crap?

Because you cannot pronounce it or do not know what it is, then its automatically bad?

If you are a republican senator... yes. lol
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    160ybfa.gif
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Because the majority of people have been brainwashed by being told that Low fat diets are the way to lose weight and fat, this is UNCORRECT if you truly want to be in the best shape you can the diet you should be eating should contain Low carbs, High Fats and Moderate proteins. The reason people cannot stop eating junk food is because they have no idea what GOOD food is. Just look at companies such as Weight Watchers who advertise / sell items that claim to be low fat and will help you to lose weight, in fact what happens is the complete OPPOSITE. I can state this from experience as for years i have been eating what the typical person eats, a low fat, high carb diet and as soon as i changed my diet i felt 100% better and healthier. Try it for a week guys you will be amazed by the results.

First, lol.

Second, no.

However, great that you found what makes YOU feel better.

Third - uncorrect is not a word. Wait, scratch that. It is a word, just not with the definition I believe this poster was going for...

uncorrect
    verb (used with object), Navigation
    to convert (a true course) into a magnetic course.
    to convert (a magnetic course) into a compass course.

That's what I meant for my first. I have counting problems though apparently ;(

Go work on your counting skills you semi headless torso. Why did you have to go and take all the good metabolism from us regular Joes?
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    160ybfa.gif

I was worried about the forums for a little while, but it seems they are in fact making a comeback!

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »

I thought that was sugar?
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »

So, basically, if you are chemist or scientist, you can eat all the foodz? Well, if I had known that growing up....
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

Back up about 6-10 pages. Possibly greatest MFP moment ever.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    PikaKnight wrote: »

Back up about 6-10 pages. Possibly greatest MFP moment ever.

:laugh:

Can't we make it the Devil's meth? Or are we going to eventually run out of drugs for the devil to do? (And these are words that shouldn't have ever been possible to say).
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    adowe wrote: »
    soapyskin wrote: »
    Watched the documentary Fed Up a few nights ago, and it's a bit interesting how this thread touches on a lot of its points. I definitely recommend it to many of the people commenting on this topic.

There is a fuzzy line between educating ourselves/having the will to change vs. falling prey to advertising/taking the easy fast food route. It was hard to look at the families Fed Up chose to follow and not think, "But wait a minute, be accountable for yourself! And your children! Grow up!" The truth is, it isn't easy for many people.

There is so much defensiveness when we blame food companies for our health problems. I'm not entirely sure why. It's almost exactly like the tobacco companies. It's especially sad when you examine the state of most public schools. Everyone has a choice (as well as their own will power), but a thirteen year old is going to be hard-pressed to pick water with a veggie/protein dish over a soda/Gatorade with the frozen pizza or fries. This is a problem, which creates a cycle which may stay with them for the rest of their lives.

I also notice many people justify, "I eat _______, and it's processed, and it's considered fast food, but it's okay because I eat it in moderation." I respectfully disagree with this sentiment, unless "in moderation" means twice a month. When we feed our bodies things that severely lack real nutrients/ingredients, whether or not the scale is moving up or down becomes irrelevant.

The bottom line is prep/cook your food, and love yourself. Take the time to break the cycle, however slowly it takes, and watch cravings start to change. Examine your overall well-being instead of your body image. Start to wonder about your blood results. Because whether or not we're thin, muscular, slightly overweight, or even obese won't matter when the body is undernourished.

Fear mongering Documentary

And as far as Fast Food having no nutritional Information

McDonald's Big Mac

530 Calories
    27g Fat
    47g Carbs
    24g Protein
    960mg Sodium

Seems pretty nutritious to me.

I like the double quarter pounder with no bun when I do eat there. Fits my cals and macros nicely,

• trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I was sober when I started reading this, now.. not so much.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I was sober when I started reading this, now.. not so much.

The fact you have a pizza cat as your profile picture as you say this just makes it that much funnier.

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,516 Member
    Options
    How the hell are we losing to Buffalo already....???

Oh well, there's always the Gophers tomorrow.

That's all I've really got to offer anymore.

Edit: Never mind
    Gophers? What kind of team is that? Buffalo is football right?

It's hockey season up here.

Gophers...as in the #1 ranked college hockey team in the NCAA. Ya, I know no ones else cares... :(

I'm an Oilers' fan, I feel your sad.