If eating trash makes us sick, why do we keep eating it?

Options

Replies

• JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Is that what you mean by you being level headed and us not?

OMG so many things wrong with this.

I was complimenting someone on their post. How could you have possibly interpreted that as 1. it was an insult to you, and 2. I was claiming to be level-headed in a post on another thread?

Try this one on for size:

The sky is blue today!

What does that mean to you? That I insulted your mother and am claiming to be a rocket scientist?

Just means he has over 8,000 posts but only about 3 of them actually help anyone.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

I was complimenting someone on their post. How could you have possibly interpreted that as 1. it was an insult to you, and 2. I was claiming to be level-headed in a post on another thread?

The sky is blue today!

What does that mean to you? That I insulted your mother and am claiming to be a rocket scientist?

Just means he has over 8,000 posts but only about 3 of them actually help anyone.
    Just when people think you're starting to calm down and fit in, you have to have a fit again.
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Deirdre you rock on both this thread and the other. You have an opinion and you voice it - good for you!! :D
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Someone please tell me what other thread you're talking about. If you insist on having drama, I at least want to understand it! HARRRUMPH!
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »
    Mudler wrote: »
    What I find interesting is, and please, this is not meant in a disrespectful way to Americans. i love Americans, love their culture and country, so please understand, it's not me saying this....

We often see and hear headlines here in the UK and I believe the same headline has appeared in various European and even Australia. The headline basically goes,
    "Britons becoming as obese as Americans"
    "UK as fat as America"
    And so on.....
    Seen that many times. Seems a little unfair that Americans should be the yardstick by which we all measure ourselves.
    But it is true. We are the front-runners in a race no one wants to win.
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    We're #1!
    Mexico's stylin' on ya!
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Someone please tell me what other thread you're talking about. If you insist on having drama, I at least want to understand it! HARRRUMPH!

I think this is it
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10011623/sugar-problems/p6
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »

The sky is blue today!

Just when people think you're starting to calm down and fit in, you have to have a fit again.

Calm down? My emotions have hardly moved while posting that.
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Here you go SnuggleSmacks if you want another lonnnnnnnnng read. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10011623/sugar-problems/p1
  • dbmata
    Options

The sky is blue today!

You know what I mean.
  • JeffseekingV
    Options

The sky is blue today!

You know what I mean.

Not really. I point out the obvious and he's the one on the rant fest. But I'm the one that just had a "fit"?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Yup. The sugar thread they just linked you to. She pops in on page 5 with this:
    I've been on several threads on MFP and I've seen them devolve in exactly the same way -- someone asks a question, someone else comments that sugar isn't very good for them and they avoid it, and then about three people get their hammers out and start bellowing about FOOD POLICE and SUGAR HATERS! and PROVE YOUR POINT WITH SCIENCE OR SHUT UP FOREVER!!!

Well, here's your chance, boys: prove to all of us that sugar is just fine for everyone all the time. Go ahead, there's a tornado watch here and I'll be up all night. I'll wait for your Google links or whatever.

Unless you are going to go the "I don't have to prove anything to you" route while you are all up in arms about the other kids on the playground.

Then after her failed links comes:
    I could do this all night! But I'm pretty sure I'm about to get scolded for spamming the thread and anyway, the tornado watch is coming to a close. That was a bad storm but no tornados here! I'm tired, and I'm tired of rubbing your noses in your own poop. I'm sure, just like with my dog, it's not going to do any good, and you'll be back on the forums, cracking down on people with your absolute and unshakable belief that anyone with a bad reaction to sugar is a fear-mongering liar troll hysteric.

(On a more serious note, I do want to thank you for giving me something to think about instead of the storm. It really helped me and I had fun instead of being curled up in terror on the bathroom floor.)

Am I the only one where the only thing I got from that was, why would you stay up all night for a tornado watch? They hand those out to like 1/2 the state at a time.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Just skimmed through it. Wow. But I do have to strenuously disagree with one thing from Wheelhouse15:
    People may not binge on steak but they will binge on cheese burgers and fries.

I will totally binge on steak, if it's a good steak. I will eat it until I'm in pain.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

I've been on several threads on MFP and I've seen them devolve in exactly the same way -- someone asks a question, someone else comments that sugar isn't very good for them and they avoid it, and then about three people get their hammers out and start bellowing about FOOD POLICE and SUGAR HATERS! and PROVE YOUR POINT WITH SCIENCE OR SHUT UP FOREVER!!!

Well, here's your chance, boys: prove to all of us that sugar is just fine for everyone all the time. Go ahead, there's a tornado watch here and I'll be up all night. I'll wait for your Google links or whatever.

Unless you are going to go the "I don't have to prove anything to you" route while you are all up in arms about the other kids on the playground.

I could do this all night! But I'm pretty sure I'm about to get scolded for spamming the thread and anyway, the tornado watch is coming to a close. That was a bad storm but no tornados here! I'm tired, and I'm tired of rubbing your noses in your own poop. I'm sure, just like with my dog, it's not going to do any good, and you'll be back on the forums, cracking down on people with your absolute and unshakable belief that anyone with a bad reaction to sugar is a fear-mongering liar troll hysteric.

(On a more serious note, I do want to thank you for giving me something to think about instead of the storm. It really helped me and I had fun instead of being curled up in terror on the bathroom floor.)

Well I've apparently I've been following the wrong thread....
  • JeffseekingV
    Options

The sky is blue today!

You know what I mean.

It's OK man, his admiration for me is harmless.

I think you're harmless in general.
  • dbmata
    Options

The sky is blue today!

You know what I mean.

He just needs to realize I'm before him in the line to hump your leg.
  • JeffseekingV
    Options

The sky is blue today!

You know what I mean.

He just needs to realize I'm before him in the line to hump your leg.

girl-why-you-ackin-so-cray-cray.png
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »

Am I the only one where the only thing I got from that was, why would you stay up all night for a tornado watch? They hand those out to like 1/2 the state at a time.

No, that was my first thought as well. Tornado Watch? No way. I used to not even get out of bed unless the sirens were going off but after Joplin and a couple of other tornadoes that hit with no warning, I do try to be more cognizant of Tornado Warnings...

I bet there are people that go to the second floor of their house during flash flood warnings too...