If eating trash makes us sick, why do we keep eating it?

Options

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    so apparently threads do not roll anymore? this whole experience is quite different. i remember when you could rely on a roll to remove a topic from your favorites. now there don't even seem to be favorites to go back to. it feels like wearing a shoe that I did not try on and I keep walking and walking trying to break it in, but nothing. strange experience indeed. but i'm not complaining. just an observation. change happens and it's good for us. i'm sure in time I will see that more good than bad is coming from these changes but it's just so uncomfortable for me right now with the ill fitting shoe. maybe at some point I just decide to run barefoot. #tarahumara
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    LeenaGee wrote: »
    Thanks for the list, it is not really appetising is it? I must remember that the next time I am tempted. I think it comes down to the preservative and additives and is the reason I stay away from them but the lure of them is so hard to resist at times. :D

Seriously? Do you not understand what you read?
    Only thing you probably don't have in your cupboard is the "Preservative" and the hydrolysed vegetable protein.

The protein is simple TVP, and is being used as an extender. The "Preservative" is sodium nitrate, you can use purified sodium nitrate, or you can use spinach. (Yup, the stuff I use to preserve my sausage is naturally occurring in high amounts in spinach.)
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be the FDeh?

Ha!
  • dbmata
    Options
    Oh and the dextrose is there as a binder. That can be tossed, but it's completely normal.
  • LeenaGee
    LeenaGee Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Well all that normal food made me feel ill. :p And judging by the length of this thread, there are other people who are having the same reaction to these foods.

I certainly don't have a reaction when I eat spinach.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    So, now sausage isn't real food anymore either?

WTH is left?
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Well all that normal food made me feel ill. :p And judging by the length of this thread, there are other people who are having the same reaction to these foods.

So you only feel good when eating abnormal foods?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I thought you were paleo, LeenaGee? Why a sausage roll? Wouldn't the main issue be the bread (which plenty of people eat without feeling bad).

I also eat sausage without feeling bad, though. It's pretty easy to make it too (or get it made from a local meat market, if you prefer), just using "natural" meat and spices, although of course there's a whole range of sausage available for purchase (so it's kind of hard to generalize).
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't it be the FDeh?

Call him "butter", cause he's on a roll.

• rprussell2004
    rprussell2004 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    FRUIT IS POISON!

FRUCTOSE LEADS TO FATTY L IVER DISEASE!

HFCS CAUSES OBESITY!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I think all food is poison, because no matter what, everyone that eats it eventually dies.
  • rprussell2004
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    I think all food is poison, because no matter what, everyone that eats it eventually dies.

Oh, crap.

Also: Everyone who has been diagnosed with cancer, or killed in a car crash, had previously at some point EATEN FOOD.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    So, now sausage isn't real food anymore either?

WTH is left?

Kale. Lots and lots of...kale.

tumblr_inline_mv1ro3bLvF1qzbf70.gif

kale.gif?resize=500%2C500
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    seitan is the only good food out there

and mashed potatoes
  • dbmata
    Options
    hahahah, you've got kale. Holy hell that's hilarious.

lollerfall.gif
  • dbmata
    Options

Because Sodium Nitrates don't cause many reactions until over ingested.

I can eat a pound of spinach like it ain't no thing, because that stuff is good. That is more sodium nitrate ingested than I'd use in a pound of sausage.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    salembambi wrote: »
    seitan is the only good food out there

and mashed potatoes

Noooo! Mashed potatoes are caaaaaarbs!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    The_Wise_Pickle.jpg
  • rprussell2004
    Options
    hahahah, you've got kale. Holy hell that's hilarious.

lollerfall.gif

I tried to find an animated GIF of "Ash" saying "Kale to the king, baby," but came up empty.

WAH!