Fess Up Dog Lovers

Options
InnerConflict
InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
Which of you let your dogs kiss your face like this?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRm_74JCFqv7UisJI6K201EsbTXs0ziiPReYh1FVTAiHgjk8KjqAg

Replies

• amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I've seen what my dog eats and she licks her butt with that tongue. No never yuck.
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I don't initiate it; but occasionally she catches me off guard.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options
    No. Never. But I know people who do, and it almost gags me. They aren't your children - they're animals.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I've seen what my dog eats and she licks her butt with that tongue. No never yuck.

THIS^^^^^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love my dogs, but I also know what she does with her tongue and I don't want it near my mouth.
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    UGH my dog tries to do that and instnatly whatever is closest to me goes up like a barrier...she eats cat poop when I'm nto fast enough to get to it before her. She's liek a toddler it's a game of who can get there faster, she'll actually come to get me before she races off to try and eat it first. I did have a friend who used to let her dog eat ice cream out of her mouth though..ew
  • geekette411
    geekette411 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    A little dog spit never killed anyone! My 3 gi-normous dogs get me every day.
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Guilty and I have ZERO shame!
  • InnerConflict
    Options
    My FIL lets his dog do this to him all the time and it makes me cringe. He tells me that dog's mouths are cleaner than humans. I don't personally know a single human that can lick their own *kitten*. Sorry, keep that tongue away from me!
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    Options
    waitwaitwait...to the individual saying 'they aren't your children' erm ONE my dog is like a child to me and TWO why are you letting your kids lick your face? That's just not normal human behavior...I give my dog kisses right on her little nose and lips or whatever I'm just saying I dont' let her tongue all up on my lips or in my mouth because she's a gross little creature and I haven't gotten her those nice dental treats she likes so much.
  • Brazilll
    Brazilll Posts: 503
    Options

That Avi. Ohmergerd. So funny.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    i taught mine to 'kiss' the bottom of my chin. i wipe when we're done.
  • GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    I let mine "kiss" me on the cheeks. Sometimes she will sneak attack my face though.
  • BleedsCoffee
    BleedsCoffee Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the odd lick to my chin or jaw, but on the lips is too far! That tongue finds its way to her butt frequently! I can wash my face, but I risk ingesting any dog drool on my mouth. Then again, they say that dogs have cleaner mouths than we do...
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options

This.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    NEVER!! that's so gross, I have 2 dogs and can't stand anything wet off of them. They eat poop, so they aren't licking my face.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    mine gets me while I'm laying on the couch, and she's eye level. But never would i let her lick me intentionally, that's gross. Not even my arm or my feet...blah, stop it!
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    Options
    I don't mind the odd lick to my chin or jaw, but on the lips is too far! That tongue finds its way to her butt frequently! I can wash my face, but I risk ingesting any dog drool on my mouth. Then again, they say that dogs have cleaner mouths than we do...

they actually don't pretty sure myth busters went and debunked that. they create more saliva but they don't really have a cleaner mouth
  • InnerConflict
    Options

they actually don't pretty sure myth busters went and debunked that. they create more saliva but they don't really have a cleaner mouth

Need to look up that myth busters episode to send to my FIL. It won't go over well, but he doesn't like me anyway so WTF. :)
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    Options

Need to look up that myth busters episode to send to my FIL. It won't go over well, but he doesn't like me anyway so WTF. :)

I'm pretty sure that's what my cousins husband told me. I might have to do further research now too...But I mean come on...if the vets recommend you brush your dogs teeth it can't be THAT clean..there's a reason people invented the toothbrush and toothpaste, because OUR mouths weren't as clean as we thought. If you need to clean something, and you don't, it's not clean enough to be shoving it's tongue all kinds of all over your face
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Nope. I see where that tongue goes before she tires to kiss me and I don't want dog *kitten* on my face.