Replies

• corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I really try not to, but my Aussie is super sneaky :-(
  • Hawkeye_74
    Hawkeye_74 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    My dogs are trained only to lick me on my chin. But sometimes when I fall alseep on the floor, I get ambused by both of the big dogs. When my doberman gets a big drink of water and ambushes me, I no longer need a shower. :smile: I love my boys.
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Mine only ever go for an ear nibble. If I beg
  • LisaBeateith2012
    LisaBeateith2012 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I don't initiate it; but occasionally she catches me off guard.
    THIS!! LMAO! Hahahaha! :o))
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Nope, but sometimes they catch me by surprise :tongue:
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I let my dog do it, it doesn't bother me. What I think is funny is that my boyfriend doesn't allow it, and Rocco tries to sneak kisses when he thinks BF isn't paying attention/he thinks he can get away with it. He wants to kiss him so bad just because he isn't allowed.
  • stitchtastic
    stitchtastic Posts: 182
    Options
    I wouldnt let my westie lick my face like that!I've seen where he licks himself,and i dont want to share that,thankyou!Lol :sick:
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    MaydayParadeGirl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You guys are pansies. Dogs mouths are no worse than any human, but you have no problem sticking your tongue down your partners throat. My dog licks my face all the time.

I saw an TV episode that collected saliva from dogs and humans, and after some time in a Petri dish, they confirmed that the bacteria profile weren't that different.

You're assuming that we all let someone shove their tongue down our throats....not to mention as someone else pointed out...our dogs are eating things they ought not be eating. You don't know when they tested that dogs saliva, what they had been eating, what they had been lickign with their tongue, and the same goes for the person they tested. Had that person brushed their teeth that day? Did they eat something out of the normal? You don't know all the factors and I'm sorry but my dog eats cat **** out of the cat box so no...I'm not letting her tongue in my mouth, but I'm not letting some stranger persons tongue in my mouth either sooooooo...
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    You guys are pansies. Dogs mouths are no worse than any human, but you have no problem sticking your tongue down your partners throat. My dog licks my face all the time.

I saw an TV episode that collected saliva from dogs and humans, and after some time in a Petri dish, they confirmed that the bacteria profile weren't that different.

You're assuming that we all let someone shove their tongue down our throats....not to mention as someone else pointed out...our dogs are eating things they ought not be eating. You don't know when they tested that dogs saliva, what they had been eating, what they had been lickign with their tongue, and the same goes for the person they tested. Had that person brushed their teeth that day? Did they eat something out of the normal? You don't know all the factors and I'm sorry but my dog eats cat **** out of the cat box so no...I'm not letting her tongue in my mouth, but I'm not letting some stranger persons tongue in my mouth either sooooooo...

Not inviting you to my party! :noway:
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    umm, hi.

ScreenShot2013-05-29at20642PM_zpsd1de5172.png

Aww this is too cute! lol.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    Dogs, being pack animals, lick the face of the alpha to show submission to him or her. A dog licking your face is him or her acknowledging your alpha role.

mine will go for my chin on her own when she's excited to see me show up. when we are out for a run and i'm putting her on or off the leash (or otherwise commanding obedience) i will MAKE her kiss my chin, even if she doesn't want to.
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    Options
    Dogs, being pack animals, lick the face of the alpha to show submission to him or her. A dog licking your face is him or her acknowledging your alpha role.

Are you sure. Cuz, mine acts like she thinks she's the alpha. But, then I tell her to sit down and eventually she does.

My sister told me that she read somewhere that if you lick a dog whose in the process of licking you it confuses them because they're trying to tell you taht you're the alpha and if you lick them then you're telling them teh same thing...I wasn't really listening I was trying to figure out who decided that licking their dog was a fun idea..
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

I'd let someone shove their tongue down my throat.
  • MaydayParadeGirl
    Options

Great so you're one of the people this person assumed about. Have fun with that. I hear having mono is just BUCKETS of fun
  • InnerConflict
    Options

:tongue:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Great so you're one of the people this person assumed about. Have fun with that. I hear having mono is just BUCKETS of fun

He did say partner, not just anyone, but at this point, yeah, I'd probably let anyone. :wink: I could use the sick leave!
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Yes my dogs give me kisses on the mouth. I don't let them do it right after they lick their butts! lol but I love them so much; doggy kisses are cute!
  • 1shauna1
    1shauna1 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    I tell you what (Hank Hill voice), I'd much rather put up with a little dog slobber than let a snot-nosed little child come anywhere NEAR me when they're dirty, drooly and seven kinds of sticky.

Dogs > children!!
    I agree! And for me, they are my furkids. It's not like a marathon but they'll give me kisses and I like it!
  • Casstevens133
    Casstevens133 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have 3 dogs and I don't let them lick my face (although I have been caught out many times lol). But - they are my babies ... Just not human ones :)
  • InnerConflict
    Options
    Yes my dogs give me kisses on the mouth. I don't let them do it right after they lick their butts! lol but I love them so much; doggy kisses are cute!

Do you have their butts on hidden cam? lol What if they enter the room and want to kiss you? How do you know they weren't cleaning their poopy butt a minute or two before?