Fess Up Dog Lovers

Options

Replies

• Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Nope. I see where that tongue goes before she tries to kiss me and I don't want dog *kitten* on my face.
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    Dog kisses can't be any worse than eating from one of those public buffet salad bars. Ya think!?
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Never happens with our beagle, but the cockapoo is fast...she gets me about every other day. You would think after 3 years I would be better at dodging it!
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    No. Never. But I know people who do, and it almost gags me. They aren't your children - they're animals.

I smear peanut butter all over my face and let them lick it off because they're my BABIES!
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I love my four booboos (3 Black and Tan Coonhounds and a Boxer), but no, don't let them do it. They try though. Staring at me until they can go for the lick in the face. I'm too fast though.
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Options
    See my profile pic? That's how dogs react when humans try to kiss them.
  • doronajay
    doronajay Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I don't initiate it; but occasionally she catches me off guard.

Same here...
  • LouBeeeLou75
    LouBeeeLou75 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Eurgh - nope, my dog would never stop:smile:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Thankfully, my dog isn't a licker.

I've been frenched by dogs before, but I didn't "let" it happen. It was unavoidable. :laugh: I'm much better at thwarting human advances than canine ones.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Holy crap, your avatar! I'm in tears! I need to show that to the girl who runs our rescue. Hilarious!!!

Only one of my dogs is a face licker. She'll crawl across my face when I'm trying to sleep so she can pin me down and lick me, that's how desperate she is to lick my face! Luckily she's the smaller of the two. I don't know what it is with her and that sense of urgency. It's funny.
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Options

Holy crap, your avatar! I'm in tears! I need to show that to the girl who runs our rescue. Hilarious!!!

Only one of my dogs is a face licker. She'll crawl across my face when I'm trying to sleep so she can pin me down and lick me, that's how desperate she is to lick my face! Luckily she's the smaller of the two. I don't know what it is with her and that sense of urgency. It's funny.

See avatar-- some dogs are like people--they don't want to be kissed by a dog either.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    No. Never. But I know people who do, and it almost gags me. They aren't your children - they're animals.

I smear peanut butter all over my face and let them lick it off because they're my BABIES!
    One of my childhood friends use to do that too.Sadly it was not his face he smeared it with.No wonder he gave his dog Type 2 diabetes
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    I don't initiate it; but occasionally she catches me off guard.

That Avi. Ohmergerd. So funny.

i dont see any gif :(
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    She's gotten me because I wasn't paying attention! Really not cool and one of the most unpleasant ways to wake up lol
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    So...you mean to tell me French kissing your dog is not okay? Oops
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    This thread is making me miss my beagles.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Yepp, happens all the time. Sometimes when I'm eating on the couch since she's so little and quiet, she manages to jump on me and lick the inside of my mouth while I'm talking before I can process what the hell is happening. She also likes to take pieces of food off of my plate when it's on my lap and I'm not paying attention--I just look down and half my chicken is missing.

When she does lick me on the mouth though, I move my head around so she gets cheek or chin, but she goes right for the mouth. I think it's because she knows that's where all the food goes and she's trying to savor any left overs.
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    It's happened. It's not on purpose but still. When he was a puppy and we were meeting him he licked my mouth while I was talking to the guy who had him. They asked if we still wanted him, I said "we've french kissed, it's a done deal now".
  • m0_0m
    m0_0m Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Heck no! My dog's breath smells like garbage.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    I let mine "kiss" me on the cheeks. Sometimes she will sneak attack my face though.

This. With my cats (and dogs I've had in the past) I allow cheek kisses, but never mouth kisses.