Dating age difference

Options

Replies

• qdoyle11
    qdoyle11 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I usually date men older than me...usually up to 20 yrs older. I'm not sure why, just a preference.
  • Riffraft1960
    Riffraft1960 Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Well at 54 and just now entering back into the "dating" arena, I find that I would be interested in probably down to mid to late 30s, but when you read the profiles it seems most ladies up to the mid to late 40s want someone their age or younger. As to above age, probably around 60.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    My husband is 14 years older. We've been married 17 years. It's not always easy but, age is never the issue.
  • MaxPower0102
    MaxPower0102 Posts: 2,654 Member
    Options
    If you put the biggest age difference down and up that I've dated in the same room, you would have a 27yr old talking to a 72yr old. That kinda freaks me out.
  • stayfit_ria
    stayfit_ria Posts: 1,566 Member
    Options
    I am not so much stuck on age as I am maturity. I am 9.5 years younger than my hubby.
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Been married 30 years to a woman 18 years older.
    Kids, grandkids, empty nester's.
    'nuff said.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options

I am confident that I would not do well in jail, so anyone I date must be at least 18.
  • cassandra884
    cassandra884 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm not too fond of dating younger guys; however, I'd say the youngest would be somewhere around 27 (I'm 30). As for older, I'd say 36ish...
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    said it many times...date and go out for fun, no age limits. Anything serious though...I have a hard time thinking I would have that much in common with someone too many years my junior or senior. In some cases, I am thinking about retiring and they are still trying to complete college. Not sure that would every work out.
  • jenglish712
    jenglish712 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I'm 7 years older than my wife and we've been together 10 years.

I never dated more than a year or two older but a few in the range of 5 years younger.
  • naturesfempower
    naturesfempower Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My husband is 10 years younger than me. Best relationship ever!
  • mustang289
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    mustang289 wrote: »
    'nuff said.

If this is true, I LOVE YOU.

Yep its true. Met when I was 24 and she was 41. She thought I was in my early 30's and I thought she was in her 30's so in our minds it was a good fit. Married a year later in 1985. She had 3 teenagers from her first marriage, I get along fine with the oldest son, good with middle son, and great with our daughter. She calls me Dad...
    Each kid has been married (and divorced and remarried LOL) and has kids. Grandkids are 24 - 23 - 22 - 16 - 14 - and twins that are just turning 5.

• mustang289
    Options
    'nuff said.

If this is true, I LOVE YOU.

Yep its true. Met when I was 24 and she was 41. She thought I was in my early 30's and I thought she was in her 30's so in our minds it was a good fit. Married a year later in 1985. She had 3 teenagers from her first marriage, I get along fine with the oldest son, good with middle son, and great with our daughter. She calls me Dad...
    Each kid has been married (and divorced and remarried LOL) and has kids. Grandkids are 24 - 23 - 22 - 16 - 14 - and twins that are just turning 5.

I'm surprised you haven't been offered a reality TV show. This is so precious and I'm no optimist but this is a truly optimistic love story. Nice!
    LOL, I actually was on a reality tv show, one of those pawn store type shows. I brought in an item for them to appraise, they asked if I wanted to be on tv. We taped an episode with three different outcomes and I didn't know which one they were going to use until it aired. I forget to tell my sister, and when she saw the episode she got real mad that I "sold" a treasured family heirloom. I had to explain to her that it was just tv, and the heirloom is still in my care and doing fine. That's 'reality' tv for you, whatever they feel will get more viewership...
  • NormalMichael
    Options
    I have to throw some gas on this fire. Ready?
    I will be 54 in July (but most people guess me 42 or younger) and I am an unemployed college student.
    She just turned 26 yesterday. She is a fitness trainer, specializes in bikini fitness, and competes and wins.
    Oh! She approached me first! And she asked "I hope you do not mind I am younger then you, but I have a question for you."
    So almost 28 years difference, and if you saw us you would never know, and if we told you, well you would not believe it!
  • mscheftg
    mscheftg Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I don't have hard rules on this, but some soft ones, such as... if a guy is old enough for my mom to consider dating (she's only 20 yrs older than me), he's off limits. As for younger... I have to say 5ish years, but I've "crushed" on a guy that was 6 years younger than me, so yeah. Ideally, I'd be with a guy that's 2-3 years younger to 5-6 years older. But that's just a range...
  • LC932017
    LC932017 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    3 yrs younger and 12 yrs older. Maturity is the real issue here obviously.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I have to say, ladies - women outlive men as a general rule. If you are going to choose to be with someone 10 or more years older than you, you will be either taking care of them when they get old or you will be alone because they will be dead. My dad died at 55 and my mom was alone until age 93 (not that she had to be, just sayin') when she died.

I'm 67 (most people take me for 10 to 15 years younger) and would never date a guy over 4 or 5 years older than me and preferably up to 8 younger.
  • ovinas1
    ovinas1 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    have dated 20 years younger up to 40 yo. im 43. Wont date past 40 I think. and wont be serious with women that have kids.
  • MileHighFitness
    MileHighFitness Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    10 years down, 5 years up...sounds reasonable..
  • samanthajfishman
    Options
    Well at 24 I can't date much younger at the moment (maturity purposes) and my boyfriend is 8 years older and I don't think I'd go any higher.