Options
12346»

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    That's a lot of snickers, but on the bright side, they're really themselves today.

Totally snickering at that.

Lol jesus, I had to read it like 4 times before I realized why it was funny.

8npj82ibp2nv.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-5289-1392406280-30.gif
  • Chaotic_Weevil
    Chaotic_Weevil Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Do they just let anyone be a dietician now?
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »
    Kylandme wrote: »
    No I dont but he said soups with water will make the thyroid stop working

I'm not joking in the slightest about what I'm about to say: Just assume that almost EVERYTHING he told you about nutrition is completely wrong.

i quite agree. different ingredients IN soup might affect your thyroid or other systems, but soup itself? there's nothing about boiling food in water that's going to suddenly affect your thyroid.

if you're not hypothyroid now you have nothing to worry about. if you are hypothyroid, stay away from soy and look up other ingredients that can affect the situation.

it sounds to me like this "dietician" is a liar, a quack, or an idiot.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    That's a lot of snickers, but on the bright side, they're really themselves today.

Totally snickering at that.

Lol jesus, I had to read it like 4 times before I realized why it was funny.

8npj82ibp2nv.gif

anigif_enhanced-buzz-5289-1392406280-30.gif
    lol.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    speaking of Snickers thouhg, I accidentally bought a bar from a vending machine when I meant to buy gum. I've yet to eat it... I've never had a snickers :/
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of them. I think they could use less sugar, more salt.

Unless they're in a salad. Then snickers salad is amazing.
  • QueenSuzyBee
    Options
    Sorry, but that sounds like a very goofy, scientifically and medically unsound diet that is, no doubt, unsustainable. Think about it, especially the "soup will cause a thyroid problem" part: Soup can be made of pretty much anything--meat, poultry, seafood, veggies, even fruit, plus water and seasoning. What in the would would be bad for your thyroid in those combinations?
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hypothyroidism/basics/causes/con-20021179
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    speaking of Snickers though, I accidentally bought a bar from a vending machine when I meant to buy gum. I've yet to eat it... I've never had a snickers :/

Accidentally. Right. That's what they all say. :) But hey. Look at it this way. At least a Snickers tastes nice, most of the time. Your hand could've slipped, and you could've bought a bottle of baking soda instead. Oh, the horror!