Mom's and Dad's looking for support

Options

Replies

• TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Father of a 2 year old girl, generally active in supporting my MFP friends and love getting support and motivation. Feel free to add me.
  • JaymiOrtega
    JaymiOrtega Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a first time mama. my baby turned 13 months yesterday (yikes!)

I've put my own health on the backburner the last 11months as my sweet girl is MSPI, so in an effort to read food labels for HER I slacked on reading and tracking them for myself.

Last week after weighing myself I thought "No way, do I weigh that much." and After crying a bit and a small pity party I decided it's time to do something about it. Time to make Mama's health a priority, too!
  • MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Father of a 2 year old girl, generally active in supporting my MFP friends and love getting support and motivation. Feel free to add me.

The Beer Runner - I love it. Welcome aboard! 2 years old? Is she giving you grief yet? lol
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm a first time mama. my baby turned 13 months yesterday (yikes!)

I've put my own health on the backburner the last 11months as my sweet girl is MSPI, so in an effort to read food labels for HER I slacked on reading and tracking them for myself.

Last week after weighing myself I thought "No way, do I weigh that much." and After crying a bit and a small pity party I decided it's time to do something about it. Time to make Mama's health a priority, too!

Welcome to parenthood. Congratulations on making you a priority too. There is nothing wrong with that. After all, if you can't take care of you, how can you take care of others :smile:
  • Amber52291
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me! I'm 23 years old and I have a 2 year old son and I also work full-time. I work during the day and when I get home in the evening he definitely knows how to tire me out! I'll be going to the gyms on the weekends and will also (hopefully) be doing some light exercising at home. I'm also starting to count my calories and learning to portion my foods better, as well as cutting out soda.
  • scupit
    scupit Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I will be adding my picture soon;) I have two boys ages 6 and 4. My oldest is special needs so life can be stressful and challenging at times. Need any support I can get.
  • JaymiOrtega
    JaymiOrtega Posts: 9 Member
    Options

Welcome to parenthood. Congratulations on making you a priority too. There is nothing wrong with that. After all, if you can't take care of you, how can you take care of others :smile:
    [/quote]

Thank you! You are absolutely correct. Now if only I can get the hubs to jump on the bandwagon ;)
  • abcmommyx3
    abcmommyx3 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a mommy to 3! My son is 5 and my twin daughters are 3. In addition to household stuff I also work full time as an office manage in a physical therapy clinic.
  • irejuvenateme
    irejuvenateme Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Pretty awesome you have fitness at the forefront of your life and have incorporated it in your family!
  • AMahfouz67
    AMahfouz67 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    New mommy here. I have a 7 month old and I still look like I have a newborn! I needs some parental friends to add to my list!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I hope you had a great weekend. welcome to the newest ones that have chimed in and joined us. I started an actual group on MFP then can be for us to continue chatting and sharing ideas and support. Please check it out and start engaging with each other. Hopefully it will turn into a great group forum for us all. community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100885-x-s-t-r-e-a-m-family-fitness
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Today is a new day!
  • aftonslater
    aftonslater Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have 3 kids too! 2 boys and a girl. They're 5, almost 3 and 1 and we are due with #4 in April. They definitely are busy. I stay home with them, I'm also a full time student, Medical Office Assistant...I'm sure I'll eventually go back to work haha Maybe :#
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Hi- I am a single mom to a 3 year old little boy. I work almost 60 miles from home so my day consists of an 8.5 hour work day and then 4 hours total of commuting back and forth to work. I was recently diagnosed with Thyroid disease after loosing my first 100lbs and now I am struggling to get rest of this weight off.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. Both boys. Husband and I both work full time. I'm in the exhausted boat with the rest of you...Luckily, my kids are too young to have activities yet. Sadly, they are so little they are both in bed by 8:30 and with work I spend the majority of my quality time with them driving in the car to and from work and daycare (about an hour each way). I was hoping this would change as they got older and we got more hours together, but from what you all say about the taxi service, I'm in dreamland. lol. feel free to add me if you like.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    I have a 3 year old and a 1 year old. Both boys. Husband and I both work full time. I'm in the exhausted boat with the rest of you...Luckily, my kids are too young to have activities yet. Sadly, they are so little they are both in bed by 8:30 and with work I spend the majority of my quality time with them driving in the car to and from work and daycare (about an hour each way). I was hoping this would change as they got older and we got more hours together, but from what you all say about the taxi service, I'm in dreamland. lol. feel free to add me if you like.

it will get better as they get older, because they will be able to participate in events with you more than they can now and vise versa. Part of our quality time is running club. 3 times a week we run with the local running team. It is an hour of good bonding time, sharing strengths, weaknesses, and victories. especially on race days. Then, we always try to schedule a game night or movie night. Have faith, those times will come.
  • txteachermom
    txteachermom Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom to a 9 year old and stepmom to a 7 year old. We have soccer, drill team, bowling and scouts. We are always busy. I am working on making 10,000 steps a day while I'm at work (I'm a teacher). I made it easily today just walking in circles around my classroom. Everyone feel free to add me, I can always use the support!
  • bigcrystal123
    bigcrystal123 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 years old with 2 autistic boys.ages 6 & 4.im a sahm.im starting my journey over again this will be my 3rd time.the first time I lost 12lbs,second time I lost 4lbs.but gain all of it back but one pound.its stressful trying to exercise with my boys.im always tired.im working on eating healthy again.
  • Notreadytoquit
    Notreadytoquit Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Raising kids with good fitness & nutritional ethic is a challenge. For me it was a crapshoot .... 50/50. One grown son got on board the other didn't. Pretty much a mirror of our family dynamic.

Such a hectic time of life. Exercise was critical for MY mental wellbeing. Fit regular gym time into my day or went for a run. Now my exercise is primarily real life activities done with purpose & they burn calories, too. Only .2#'s from goal.

Getting kids to eat good food starts in the kitchen. I tell myself preparing good food = love when I get tired or bored being chef all the time. Marketing & peer pressure makes this a battle with dependent aged kids. Mine resented me and pushed back often. Today they thank me.
  • carriecarrio
    carriecarrio Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am a mother of 2 (almost 3 years old and 3 month baby) - I recently joined a gym and I am trying to work out as often as I can - I will be going back to work soon so I know it will be extra challenging to find time for myself. I cook mostly during the weekends and make quick meals during the week.
This discussion has been closed.