I can't believe I used to eat that!!

Options

Replies

• Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Any regrets I have about what I used to eat are strictly related to quantity and not quality.
  • drabbits3
    drabbits3 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    croissants and glazed donuts. way too many to count. I have only had like 2 croissants since last June.
  • Robbnva
    Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Kelll12123 wrote: »
    I used to eat ice cream (like a lot of ice cream) about four times a week. Now I have a little bit about once a month.

How about 3 scoops with bananas and chocolate sauce almost every night

Or huge bowl of cereal and then when I.got to work, 2 fried bacon egg and cheese sandwiches

My highest calorie meal had to be a sausage egg and cheese mcgriddle meal with an extra sausage biscuit with grape jelly.

Yeah I ate really bad
  • Robbnva
    Options
    The worse thing I would eat was a potato chip sandwich. 2 slices of white bread with lots of mayo and a bunch of sour cream and onion pringle chips. I also ate way to much sweets. I was once proud of eating and drinking nothing but chocolate for one day. Don't understand why I was proud of that. smh

That sounds yummy lol

I still eat a turkey sandwich, with chipotle mayo and spicy doritos. So yummy and I can fit it in my day
  • Robbnva
    Options
    I gotta get out of here or I'm.going to.have a new.list of things to try lol
  • xcelestialchill
    xcelestialchill Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Those massive bags of Mini Eggs... in a week.
  • AllTheNoms
    AllTheNoms Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Guess my butter sandwich confession belongs in this thread, too. o.0

For the sake of adding something new - I used to order Indian food for delivery and get two dinners with a side of pita. I'd lie about needing more than one set of plastic ware to try and keep them from judging me. :#
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I still eat some variation of the things I used to, but I do sometimes cringe when I think about how MUCH I used to eat without even thinking twice about it. Like, literally not knowing or caring about calories. I used to get 20oz breve latte's almost daily. Those things are like half a day's worth of calories in one drink (around 800 calories)! Delicious, but definitely something I would have to do a lot of planning to fit in nowadays.
  • IIGuardian
    IIGuardian Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    Ice cream right out of the container. It wasn't unheard of (or even all that unusual) for me to eat an entire container of Ben & Jerry's Half Baked in a single sitting. According to MFP, that's 1,120 calories, 56g of fat, and 144g of carbs. And that doesn't even count all the food I ate that day... it was just dessert!
    Revonue wrote: »
    A whole container of Ben & Jerry's ice-cream. Any other ice-cream I can moderate just fine. But Ben & Jerry's is just cruel in how delicious it is and how easily the whole container is gone.

AGREED!

I'm learning a lot in this thread. For instance, I didn't know that there were people that did not eat the entire Ben & Jerry's pint! Every pint of ice cream I've ever purchased (and most likely will ever purchase), was with the intention of a single serving.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I thought if they don't want you to eat all the donuts, they shouldn't put six in a package. :)
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I still eat everything I used to eat, just smaller portions. Somethings I know I can't have in the house because I know I have a problem with (Nutella is one of them).
  • BaranVonCoop
    BaranVonCoop Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Mary Brown's chicken...What I called "The Brown Plate." Chicken...taters...gravy. Brown (deep fried) chicken, brown taters, and brown gravy. And then I would put salt on it. (Insert eyeroll here.)

I tried it not to long ago...and was instantly sick.
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    A huge serving of granola with yogurt or milk. Rice with a mango chutney and crème fraîche sauce for dinner. A whole tub of chocolate covered raisins/B&J ice cream/you name it.
  • MrCoolGrim
    MrCoolGrim Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    A big plate of french fries with ketchup and mayo. Oh my!
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Any packaged food that has 27+ ingredients listed on the label. Even after I hit my goal weight I can't go back to eating that crap (trivia: the McRib sandwich has 70 ingredients).
  • whatava
    whatava Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    last summer I ordered two things at the dairy queen and ate them both immediately. i knew i hit rock bottom hahaha. since then i've been able to quit sugar!
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I would go to the drug store and buy skittles, m&m peanuts, twix, chewy sweettarts, mike&ike, peach rings, crunch & munch, red hot potato chips and lemonheads on a regular basis. I would eat most of that in one sitting. Occasionally I would add in the single sleeve of oreos. I steer clear of all of that now. I am very compulsive when it comes to candy so I just say no.

The scary part is that it doens't fill you up. Dangerous combo when you can mindlessly chew and not get full.
  • Robbnva
    Options
    Just ate a bagel with butter, that thing is so not worth all those calories.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Robbnva wrote: »
    Just ate a bagel with butter, that thing is so not worth all those calories.

Was it a NY bagel?
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    The thing thats really made me wary is pizza, because unless I have a whole one its not that filling. One slice is underwhelming. I am always in for the extra toppings as well, so when you look at the calories its thousands, especially if it was at home. Cheese, meat and flour all go towards making it calorie heavy.

OMG! That is exactly how I feel about it. Pizza is my kryptonite.