I can't believe I used to eat that!!

Options

Replies

• junestarrr
    junestarrr Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I always crave salt and would usually make a chicken ramen noodle packet as a snack almost every night. No wonder why I gained weight..
  • junestarrr
    junestarrr Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    DAM5412 wrote: »
    French fries with mayo...Actually, I could go for that right now!!

How about a hotdog with mayo... mmmm.

• meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Boccellin wrote: »

Gigantic bowls of ice cream with toppings, followed by bowls of popcorn bigger than what they give you in a movie theatre with melted butter...this was three or four times a week as an evening "snack"

This is STILL my usual evening snack. Lol...Sometimes between dinner #1 and dinner #2....sometimes after. And I feel like a hobbit with my 2nd breakfasts. But if i didn't eat 3 million times a day i'd never be able to keep my weight up when i'm on my usual running schedule. All depends on circumstance i suppose.
  • irejuvenateme
    irejuvenateme Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    A pint of ice cream with apple pie, and whatever other sweet "drug" of choice (cookie, etc)... Occasionally Frappucino's in the morning on the way to work... Not good!
  • ciscosdad
    ciscosdad Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Fried chicken. Could never stop at one or two, at least 3 pieces. Popeye's or Bo jangles preferably. Buffalo wild wings was also a favorite.
  • meganjcallaghan
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Well, everything I used to eat I STILL eat. So... nothing.

Kind of this. Fish stick are a lot nicer fried. Fries are a lot nicer fried. I just eat less and within my calories these days as I want to protect my deficit and get to target. The food would taste as nice as it ever did. All the time im on the cardio I keep thinking if only human beings were twice as efficient at burning calories.....

Chips am sure I could eat ten small bags.
    Whole cheescake/trifle
    A lot of chocolate
    Between 15-20 spare ribs, which was very nice. Lot of protein.

I do miss not having massive plates of fried rice , chilli beef or sweet and sours that I cook. Its too much hassle in cooking for the size of portion id get at the moment.

Such a shame I cant eat without consequence. I'll be back....

Rice probably wouldn't be so great frozen, but what about doing up a big batch of the other stuff and then freezing individual portions? I do that with soups, chilli, lasagna, samosas. Then i have a wack of "hot" lunches i can nuke at work or pull out for dinner if i'm too tired or get home too late to spend much time on making dinner.
  • meganjcallaghan
    Options
    Robbnva wrote: »
    My birthday is next week, I don't really want anything. Its weird people give me a hard time for not eating like they do but they don't realize that my tastes have changed, I don't even crave most sweets anymore, and when I do eat something it's almost never any good. I'd rather eat a good Greek yogurt with fruit then a chocolate chip cookie

There's a fella at my church who bakes the tastiest cookies known to man. And i know my cookies. You would happily fall off the greek yogurt wagon for just a bite of one. He does a chocolate chip and a butterscotch pecan with a sprinkling of sea salt on top that you would sell a kidney for. Actually, i just gave someone my kidney a month ago and stayed with his guy and his wife for a few weeks after. I ate 3 giant freezer bags full of his cookies while i was there including the souped up version of his butterscotch pecan ones that i suggested. With bacon. Yes. Bacon. My genius astounds me. I call them my miracle healing cookies. Didn't need a single pill and have the doctors in shock and awe, asking what my "secret" is. Cookies. They should give those out post op instead of morphine pumps. The clientele would be much happier.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    An entire shareable appetizer of Philly cheese steak fries...omg delicious, but totally unhealthy...shaved "steak", onions, peppers, mushrooms smothered in cheese & served on a bed of deep fried french fries. That would be dinner. I'd probably still eat some, but not the entire platter!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    astrose00 wrote: »
    astrose00 wrote: »
    Just ate a bagel with butter, that thing is so not worth all those calories.

Was it a NY bagel?

No, panera. An authentic NY bagel or even a bialy, would totally be worth it

I work in NYC and my maintenance plan will include a bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon every Friday. I already have it mapped out. All other days will be egg whites and/or oatmeal. I wish there was a bagel diet.

Word. I live in NYC too. The other day I realized bagels are so good...Why even get the cream cheese? I got a salt bagel and ate it plain with a coffee. Delicious.
  • melissa3324
    melissa3324 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    An entire can of cream of broccoli soup mixed with an entire can of corn. Then I'd steam more broccoli and mix it in all together and eat the entire thing.

Sometimes when I went to aldis I got a snickers bar and ate it before dinner, then ate dinner, and then a snack before bed.

Or like a 4 pack of the banana nut muffins at Wal-mart and they'd be gone by the next morning.

Whenever I went to McDonalds, I'd get 2 McDoubles, and eat them both one after another. Rarely I'd get a strawberry shake, 2 mcdoubles, and a large fries, and sometimes I would get one of their frozen mochas.

I haven't done this in years (this is how I gained like 80lbs), but almost everyday, I would go to Burger King and get a Whopper or 2 Whopper Juniors, a large onion rings with extra zesty sauce, and a Hershey Pie. I loved the zesty sauce so much I even put it all over my burger(s). When there was no food left, I would use my fingers to eat the sauce. Pretty disgusting.

An entire large popcorn at the movies.

When I was a preteen, my dad put me on a "diet" where we'd get like every kind of vegetable and fruit that you can cut up and make a huge salad with tons of salad dressing before dinner every night, and then we would eat a regular dinner (some kind of meat, starch and cooked veggie). Talk about counterproductive. Now I eat a small salad with some chicken or lunch meat as a meal, with no or very little salad dressing.

I am also a sucker for Italian food - spaghetti, lasagna, pizza.
  • Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My favorite Vegetarian Chi Thai restaurant....then I realized all the different types of Szechuan tofu, hunan, kung po tofu were deep fried and covered in sugar and the veggies and rice noodles I loved were probably cooked in something unhealthy as well :(
  • ciscosdad
    ciscosdad Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah movie popcorn
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    An entire order of cheese sticks, and potato skins and a huge mudslide from Applebee's. Or a large pizza by myself. Wow.
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I just want to hug everyone in here. This is really cathartic.

I had a box of 50 count world finest chocolate for a school sale. I paid the money up front and ate all the chocolate bars in under 3 weeks.

Til this day I cannot buy sweets in packaging that has more than a 2 count. I WILL EAT IT ALL in less that 48 hours. I once ate a whole box of fiber one cookies in 24 hours. I had horrible gas.

I've eaten half an extra large party pizza. Haagen Daz pints caramel. Yep in one sitting.

Hummus and pretzel thins with a bottle of wine.

Bakery bread with olive oil garlic and parmesean and capacola and cheese with a bottle of wine.

Give me a bad day I can slip I can slide right into this behavior.

Every day I'm fighting the good fight.

We can do this. We can change

• TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Gummy sweets (until I Googled gelatine) and dairy products (until I Googled pus count)
  • JoJoTheModern
    JoJoTheModern Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Pop Tarts. I used to eat them fairly regularly but the last couple times I thought I would treat myself... meh. The final Pop Tart was just such a waste of sugar, it didn't taste like much of anything. So I'm not sure what I used to love about them.
  • kristennoelle78
    Options
    Bologna and regular Lays chips sandwhich with mayo on white bread.

Entire box of Kraft Mac n cheese

McDonalds double quarter pounder with cheese, large fries, and large fountain drink or Pop as we like to call it in Tulsa.
  • rocknrollfire
    rocknrollfire Posts: 30 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    when i was in high school there was a mcdonald's at the subway station where i lived. i would often get a value meal while i was waiting for my bus. just as a snack!

more recently - grilled cheese sandwiches as an everyday meal at work; cream cheese bagels from tim horton's on my way to class in college; entire bags of cheese puffs or kettle chips ("but they're organic!" i'd say).

not that any of these things are inherently bad! (maybe the mcdonald's, but not the other things.) but they are all tasty delicious treats, only to be had once in a while.
  • scaryg53
    scaryg53 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I used to eat an entire pint of Cherry Garcia ice cream in one sitting!! My weakness! Nowadays, I try not to even go near the stuff!

It is sooooooo gooooood it's hard not to eat it all.
  • Robbnva
    Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Bologna and regular Lays chips sandwhich with mayo on white bread.

Entire box of Kraft Mac n cheese

McDonalds double quarter pounder with cheese, large fries, and large fountain drink or Pop as we like to call it in Tulsa.

Yes to all of these but add american cheese and use sour cream and onion or doritos and you got me