I can't believe I used to eat that!!

Options

Replies

• transientcanuck
    transientcanuck Posts: 82 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    When I was at my heaviest weight, I would eat heaping bowls of pasta with liberal amounts of cheese for dinner. Breakfast would be a double-toasted bagel with butter and a large coffee with two sugars and two creams (roughly 600 calories).

Before hitting the books at uni, I would buy cookies and another large coffee from the library cafe.

When I went out for dinner I would eat every morsel of my large portions of pasta/pad thai/curried rice and still order an appetizer and dessert.

This might not seem too bad, but when I think of it I was consuming well over 2500 calories on a day (where maintenance for a person like me should be around 1700). Plus I did virtually no exercise.
  • Robbnva
    Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I was consuming easy 3200 to 3500 most days
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    TheEats wrote: »
    I see many people mention 100!!! grams of chocolate. I had a 120 gram bar this weekend ;) The difference is that I now save up calories for such indulgence.

I would eat a whole tin of Quality Street chocolates in two days or 2-300 grams of other types of chocolate every single day. General food has never really been my downfall, I have always eaten normal portions of regular, often home-cooked meals. But chocolate! Sooo much, preferably every day.

Agree with the chocolate. I still eat those 100gr in one sitting. I just burn them of with exercize or save calories.

• Robbnva
    Options
    A trick with chocolate, for me anyway is if there is a world market near you. Get the European or UK chocolate. It tastes different and its sweet enough that you don't want to over eat. It also tastes better than american chocolate
  • ClairePear14
    Options
    I used to buy already made sausage rolls, take the meat out and put Cadbury mini eggs in them and eat the chocolate and pastry together...
    That was a bad phase :neutral_face:
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Bagels
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been driving past fast food places I used to visit, and Quik Trip stores that sell a whole host of delicious junk. Yesterday, I realized I didn't feel tempted to drive into any of those places. It was a great feeling.
  • ednawhatnot
    ednawhatnot Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Crisps. And I mean ALL the crisps. I couldn't have them in the house because I'd just eat them all then hate myself afterwards. I haven't even fancied them for a couple of weeks now; there's a multipack under my desk but the only packs missing have gone to other people.

Also bread, especially the fresh loaves from the bakery. I could eat a whole loaf of that with butter over the course of a day on top of my regular meals and snacks. Explains a lot.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Robbnva wrote: »
    I used to eat an entire pint of Cherry Garcia ice cream in one sitting!! My weakness! Nowadays, I try not to even go near the stuff!

They have those tiny portions, don't deprive yourself imo

A pint of ice cream is almost exactly my calorie needs for the day. Once I bought 5 pints for five days just to see what would happen. They were gone in three days, I was ravenous, and I felt like crap, of course. There went my ice cream diet before and after, write a book, make millions plan. Makes me wonder how much meth the twinkie guy was doing. Or was he just really hangry the whole time? I'd hate to have been around him!
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    2 x 500 cal refridgerator cakes in one sitting...every day...one day i stepped on the scale and knew i had to get a grip before it got out of hand (i was 65kg...at 5"3 it was the largest i'd ever been and essentially, 8kg had gone on in three months...i could see it escalating v easily...)

I'm 5"4 and wish I was 65kg!

On another note, I read every post, some brilliant confessions and I admire people's honesty! I don't have any new foods to add but have definitely ate the same as some on here (whole large pizza with sides, tubs of ice cream, entire box of chocolates etc). I definitely have a problem with eating the whole packet/box etc, my brain can't cope with the idea that it might be ok to have food leftover and I find myself finishing said food before I've even realised what I've done! I find it harder at home where multipacks are lurking, easier at work when I can just bring in the pre-planned food for the day. I'm still working on controlling the mindless eating, it's refreshing to know I'm not alone!
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I used to buy already made sausage rolls, take the meat out and put Cadbury mini eggs in them and eat the chocolate and pastry together...
    That was a bad phase :neutral_face:

This is the most inventive thing I've ever heard. I love you.
  • ballinasloekid
    ballinasloekid Posts: 2
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Full packet of maryland cookies in one sitting ! :#
  • Robbnva
    Options

I live in Maryland and have no clue what a Maryland cookie is. Enlighten me please
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Gummy sweets (until I Googled gelatine) and dairy products (until I Googled pus count)

Ew. Buzz kill...
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options

I live in Maryland and have no clue what a Maryland cookie is. Enlighten me please

Same here xD Maybe they mean Berger Cookies? Because those things are addicting x.x
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options

BIscuits/cookies with chocolate chips and nuts: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryland_Cookies.

• Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    Deep fried pizza? Oh boy

Yes, I know! But I used to weigh about 115 lb when I ate that stuff. They were cheap to buy at fish and chip shops, where you could get all sorts of things deepfried - sausages, black pudding, white pudding, etc. The fried pizzas were cheap, mass-produced ones cooked in a deep fat fryer, and surprisingly satisfying.

One thing I've recently had from a fish and chip shop is scraps - bits of oily, crispy batter left over from the fish-frying that you can have sprinkled on your chips for free. Delicious with lots of salt and vinegar. But not to have often!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Generally, big big portions, lots of snacking, nothing measured. So like, a pint of Ben and jerry for dessert (americone dream!)... 1/2 a large pizza for dinner, a huge bowl of granola for breakfast, lots of homemade (200 cals a pop I found out) oatmeal cookies and fresh fruit.
  • Robbnva
    Options
    I just saw something on chopped Canada that I wish I had eaten Beavertail pastry. That looks yummy. For my birthday I ate a raspberry red velvet cake with cream cheese ice cream. Omg so good
  • youtubie
    youtubie Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    On my day off of work each week, I would stay in pajamas, call in 3 different food deliveries for a Large 'Everything' Pizza with ranch, A Large (meant for 2) Italian Sub with a side of Pickles and chips, and Quart order of Chinese food with Combination Fried rice. I would spread it out all around me on the carpet and have either a movie marathon, or a Discovery Fit & Health Marathon.... usually about weight loss topics!!! ... Its crazy that it was my favorite day of the week... until I realized I kinda hated myself lol