I can't believe I used to eat that!!

Options

Replies

• belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Robbnva wrote: »
    Haven't had a burger since I started losing, I just got a coupon for a free burger at ruby Tuesdays and I love their smokehouse burger. 1,600 calories but I'm going to eat it since its this one time. I'm contemplating eating half or removing the bun but the day I'm going I have to fast for blood work so no breakfast and this as my lunch. Plus if I go to the gym. I won't be so bad lol

I have not had a burger since as well, but I plan to, just to show myself I can, and enjoy it. I have to go for blood work soon as well, so maybe I'll take your idea. Just not Ruby Tuesdays'. Perhaps Five Guys minus the five pounds of fries they typically pack per order.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I don't know...I think the worst thing I would ever do is drink a lot, come home and munch on a bag of chips until they were practically gone, and then get a bacon, egg, and cheese for breakfast.
  • DeliVibes
    DeliVibes Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    CEREAL.
    A gigantic bowl of cereal.
    Weetabix, Shreddies, All-Bran, Special K topped with milk and a big spoonful of sugar of course.

I used to eat so much Special K I had to stop buying it.
    I also used to add a spoonful of sugar to my cereal which I'd never dream of doing now. I sometimes chop in a banana if I want the sweetness and it's so much tastier than sugar!
  • Robbnva
    Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    belimawr wrote: »
    Robbnva wrote: »
    Haven't had a burger since I started losing, I just got a coupon for a free burger at ruby Tuesdays and I love their smokehouse burger. 1,600 calories but I'm going to eat it since its this one time. I'm contemplating eating half or removing the bun but the day I'm going I have to fast for blood work so no breakfast and this as my lunch. Plus if I go to the gym. I won't be so bad lol

I have not had a burger since as well, but I plan to, just to show myself I can, and enjoy it. I have to go for blood work soon as well, so maybe I'll take your idea. Just not Ruby Tuesdays'. Perhaps Five Guys minus the five pounds of fries they typically pack per order.

yeah 5 guys are good also, but I can't pass up a free burger lol
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Oh I can't believe I forgot... Huge bowl of rice pudding (probably 2 cups worth) with 2 tablespoons of Nutella... So what, a 1000 calorie snack?
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Well, everything I used to eat I STILL eat. So... nothing.

This.
  • Shanairah1991
    Shanairah1991 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I used to eat an entire box of mac and cheese to myself, and I'd add 2 tablespoons of cheese wiz to it. It made me feel completely terrible but it was so good.
  • TheEats
    TheEats Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I see many people mention 100!!! grams of chocolate. I had a 120 gram bar this weekend ;) The difference is that I now save up calories for such indulgence.

I would eat a whole tin of Quality Street chocolates in two days or 2-300 grams of other types of chocolate every single day. General food has never really been my downfall, I have always eaten normal portions of regular, often home-cooked meals. But chocolate! Sooo much, preferably every day.
  • Bustergirl14
    Bustergirl14 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    8 servings size bowl of Potato Buds instant mashed potatoes with 1/2 stick of butter and lots of salt. For lunch whenever I craved "comfort food". And then feel bloated and miserable for the rest of the day. Ugh.
  • KatieLK14
    KatieLK14 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    in my first year of university i pretty much lived off rice. white rice, just rice. all the time, RICE!
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Tons of saltine crackers, at least half of a package in one sitting, sometimes with peanut butter. White rice with cheddar cheese. Three beef hard shell tacos with tons of cheese and sour cream. Frozen fettuccine alfredo dinners, sometimes having two for one meal.

EDIT: forgot half a box of Tobasco Hot & Spicy Cheez-its in one sitting. My favorite kind.
  • ariseis
    ariseis Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I could drink >2L coca cola in one sitting, not counting food (back home you can get a kebab pizza with fries on it, drizzled in this thick yogurt sauce... Sinful, I tell you). Could drink it like water.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I used to drink 24 monsters in a week
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Poutine. Chips with gravy and cheese.
    1422 calories!
  • Brimixed
    Brimixed Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    hahaha! I love some of these posts!!

My low point... the frito bean dip with the cheapest, saltiest tortilla chips I could get my hands on!
  • jessjess210
    jessjess210 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Where do I begin. McDonalds runs were always accompanied by wienerschnitzels. Big Mac extra dressing, chili cheese dog, chili cheese fries, and an order of mini corn dogs. All washed down with a large coke. An entire bag of hot Cheetos dipped in either frito lay nacho cheese or sour cream. Large pan pizza myself. 1/4 lb cheeseburger with chili cheese fries that weighed more than a newborn and vanilla shake. En entire order of pad Thai, panang curry and rice, with thai iced tea and sticky rice and mango for dessert. I could go on but I'm getting kinda hungry
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,452 Member
    Options
    I don't think I ate anything really outrageous, but when I was young and slim I used to do a lot of home baking, which included pastry, cakes, etc. I used to make leftover bread into tarts - a pastry base, filled with breadcrumbs mixed with syrup, or honey and grated apple, and baked. Very delicious with custard, but incredibly sugary!

And when I lived in Scotland, I did occasionally have deep-fried pizza. I also used to happily eat the occasional cream cake.

I didn't tend to go overboard once I put on weight (but I still did put on the weight, so must have been eating too much overall, even if it wasn't particularly high calorie foods).
  • Robbnva
    Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Deep fried pizza? Oh boy
  • firebloom
    firebloom Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I used to bake a lot and eat wayyy more than single portions. If I made blueberry muffins, I would eat 3 or 4 a day until they were gone. I used to sometimes make sticky date pudding too. After plugging the recipe into MFP, I have discovered that a single serve is 500 calories. I never thought it was healthy but 500 cal on one dessert is extreme. Plus I would have it with ice cream. I would also sometimes get the mini jellies (jello for the Americans) from the Asian grocer and eat the whole packet of them in one sitting.

It makes me cringe now but I know that I could probably still go straight back to those habits if I'm not careful. I don't buy/make my trigger foods anymore. If I know that I can't control myself with certain foods, they don't come into the house. I still have sweet things but not the same sweet things that I ate in excess.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Typical day in college:

ABP asiago cheese bagel with cream cheese (I still do this- love asiago bagels)

One of those super-lattes that's like 400 cal a pop

BK whopper w fries and coke

snack on cookies or brownies or whatever I could get my hands on. I really liked the heath cookies at ABP. (It contributed a lot to my weight gain.)

a totino's party pizza for dinner

mint moose tracks ice cream, at least two servings now that I know what a serving is, for dessert (that stuff is amazing, and I can't keep more than a pint in my house at a time because HOLY DISASTER BATMAN)

Often alcohol, as well, because college. And I wondered, before I started logging food, how I'd done it.