I can't believe I used to eat that!!

Options

Replies

• just_another_day
    just_another_day Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    An entire can of pringles coupled with a 20 oz of mt. dew. I did this EVERY DAY one summer as a teenager.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I don't regret anything I used to eat. I actually miss all that food.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I still eat everything I used to, just not in abundance.

I used to eat entire pizzas on my own.
    I used to go to two or three different fast food joints to create my own three course meals.
    I could eat an entire large bag of Doritos sweet spicy chili with a jar of Tostitos spinach dip in a sitting.
    I could eat an entire XXL Hershey bar with almonds. I'm talking the HUGE one.
    Once a week I'd buy brownie mix. I'd prepare it according to the box, then sit down at my computer and eat the batter with a large spoon. An entire box of batter.

I have no idea how I made it to 410 lbs without any peers (parents, doctors etc) mentioning it. I was bullied throughout childhood and most of young adulthood but I really, honestly didn't know WHY I was because I didn't view my eating habits as abnormal. Funny thing is no one of importance called me out on my weight until I started losing it.

87 lbs down so far and it's nice to know I can control my future.
  • Torontonius
    Torontonius Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    large Dominos Exxxrtravaganzzza Pizza (or whatever they called it) - about 3000 calories in one sitting
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Carne Esada Fries...marinated bits of beef, guacamole, cheese, and fresh fries. One corner of the take out box was most of my days work of calories if not all of them.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    gle8442 wrote: »
    Macaroni and cheese mixed with a can of beef chili

yum!
  • purplemystra
    purplemystra Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    The worse thing I would eat was a potato chip sandwich. 2 slices of white bread with lots of mayo and a bunch of sour cream and onion pringle chips. I also ate way to much sweets. I was once proud of eating and drinking nothing but chocolate for one day. Don't understand why I was proud of that. smh
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I love nutella spread on graham crackers with a little bit of slivered almonds. Thing is I would polish off half the jar and almost the entire box of graham crackers. Late night snacking...yum.
  • akboy58
    akboy58 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    An entire bowl of California onion dip, with an entire bag of Ruffles to go with, all at one sitting. Yikes.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    Well, everything I used to eat I STILL eat. So... nothing.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Two for one (after 2pm) krispy kremes. I don't even like donuts.
  • Boccellin
    Boccellin Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Oh boy, where to start....

A huge portion of chicken parm with spaghetti (plenty for two people) 10 inch roll of bread with butter to dip in the sauce, and twelve hotwings doused in blue cheese. This happened two or three times a month.

A dozen or more large cookies from the bakery....as a snack, maybe once a week

Gigantic bowls of ice cream with toppings, followed by bowls of popcorn bigger than what they give you in a movie theatre with melted butter...this was three or four times a week as an evening "snack"

Two dinners more than once. I'd stop at a restaurant and have a full restaurant-sized italian dinner, then go home and eat dinner not even two hours later.

Mountains of cheese....there was always so much cheese.....and pasta....so much pasta....way more than any human needs.

Sometimes I wonder how I'm still alive...

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

Good for you?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

I eat whatever I want, too, but just less of it.
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Chef Boyardee
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    edited November 2014
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

I eat whatever I want, too, but just less of it.

As, it seems, do many people on this thread.
  • just_another_day
    just_another_day Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I still eat everything I used to, just not in abundance.

I have no idea how I made it to 410 lbs without any peers (parents, doctors etc) mentioning it. I was bullied throughout childhood and most of young adulthood but I really, honestly didn't know WHY I was because I didn't view my eating habits as abnormal. Funny thing is no one of importance called me out on my weight until I started losing it.

87 lbs down so far and it's nice to know I can control my future.

I often wonder why my mom never stopped me. She didn't have the best eating habits either, but she KNEW better, even if she didn't lead by example. Now that I'm a mom, I can't imagine letting my kid just eat whatever. I guess one of the reasons I'm on here is that I'm trying to be the example my mom wasn't.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Entire chocolate bars, whole baguettes with cheese (and I'm talking probably close to one pound of cheese), 3 ice cream cones, box of cookies... We'd go out to eat and I'd have ribs and fries then a 1200 calorie dessert a couple times a week. When I had hormonal cravings I would eat a whole box of pasta with a jar of sauce.

Yeah, I still wonder how I only got to 213 pounds.
  • bonnymom
    bonnymom Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Taco John's for breakfast everyday - equalling 1200 calories, then McDonalds for lunch - about 1000 calories, Perkins or IHOP or Applebees or Fast Food for Dinner - 1000-1500 calories. Sometimes a full box of raspberry filled donuts to myself or 13 McDonald's chocolate chip cookies, to myself,
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    bonnymom wrote: »
    Taco John's for breakfast everyday - equalling 1200 calories, then McDonalds for lunch - about 1000 calories, Perkins or IHOP or Applebees or Fast Food for Dinner - 1000-1500 calories. Sometimes a full box of raspberry filled donuts to myself or 13 McDonald's chocolate chip cookies, to myself,

Wow. I'd bet there are millions of folks out there who still eat this way, and don't correlate it with their weight/health. Glad you did! cheers