I can't believe I used to eat that!!

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    amybg1 wrote: »
    salsa and sour cream mixed together as a dip, spread on a tortilla, add a bit of cheese and microwave for 20 secs or so

That's basically the filling for my enchiladas, only with chicken added in. I made them tonight for dinner!

My "can't believe I used to eat that" is when I waited tables in college and used to eat an entire order of cheese fries in between shifts.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Mygsds wrote: »
    Here's mine.. We love turkey or chicken. Made my own homemade dressing , put dressing between thick slices of bread and then cover the whole thing with tons of gravy with extra butter on the top. I too would eat a entire roll of cookie dough in one sitting. I'm now 62 lbs lighter and 21 to go, but get nervous with Thanksgiving around the corner. I can't believe I was ok with that way of eating. Felt so ashamed afterward, but ready to do again next time. Thank God for MFP..

I'm so curious about this one...what was the point of the "extra butter on the top"? Could you even taste it? It just seems like the kind of thing that the gravy flavor would cancel that out, so I'm just wondering why put it, or was there an actual improvement in the taste?
  • aBetterMe25
    Options
    a case (one of those boxes of 24 cans) in less than a week. an entire bag of chips in one sitting. ice cream daily. chocolate syrup by the mouth full. same with cookie dough. and i could still do that if i wasnt so embarrassed and scared of my boyfriend catching me.

ugh.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    ephiemarie wrote: »
    Thick layers of Cheez-Whiz on 3-4 slices of white toast. My husband used to call me crazy when I'd make that for breakfast. In retrospect, perhaps he was right.

Also, copious amounts of ice cream--like 8 large scoops at a time. Every night. I'd snuggle my then-newborn baby, watch TLC or Food Network, and just gorge on ice cream. One morning it appeared that my little guy had somehow gotten poop onto his forehead overnight. Nope. Just chocolate ice cream from mommy's little binge.

How did you figure this out? Did you taste it?
  • ephiemarie
    ephiemarie Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    ephiemarie wrote: »
    Thick layers of Cheez-Whiz on 3-4 slices of white toast. My husband used to call me crazy when I'd make that for breakfast. In retrospect, perhaps he was right.

Also, copious amounts of ice cream--like 8 large scoops at a time. Every night. I'd snuggle my then-newborn baby, watch TLC or Food Network, and just gorge on ice cream. One morning it appeared that my little guy had somehow gotten poop onto his forehead overnight. Nope. Just chocolate ice cream from mommy's little binge.

How did you figure this out? Did you taste it?

Lol. No, I sniffed it and could detect a trace of chocolate deliciousness. With 4 kids, I've learned to NEVER do taste tests on anything unidentifiable!

• MyChocolateDiet
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Tblackdogs wrote: »

Mostly I'm just in awe of how many calories I used to eat in one day. The sheer volume of food. I couldn't eat that much food now. You never really realize how much you are packing away until you start to track it. I personally was like, "Good Lord, woman. Pig much?"

That's why MFP is so helpful. We get so used to eating huge portions that we forget what appropriate eating really looks like!
    [/quote]
    This is what I reflect on whenever a new member claims that eating healthy is "so expensive", I'm always wondering if most MFP members claim to be able to put away large volumes of food, how can portion control possibly be MORE expensive than that?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    A plate of nachos covered with chili and cheese topped with sour cream and jalapeno pepper.
    I'm pretty sure this falls in the realm of normal food and I may choose this on my next trip to El Torito for dinner and work it into my cals. It's been awhile since I've had some nice messy nachos.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    sooooo many pizzas just to myself. at least a couple times a week. :(
    sometimes for breakfast i'd go and get two NY style asiago cheese bagels with extra cream cheese from the bagel shop and eat them both to myself. i'm sure that was probably over 2000 calories just to start the day!!! so much shame.
    i'm glad that that is in the past
    I'm wondering if this person is so ashamed that they made this account just to come in here and confess that and then went back to their old account. B/C...one post.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,393 Member
    Options
    When I worked at Sonic I would eat a Super Sonic Cheddar Pepper Burger (May those rest in peace...best burger Sonic ever had!!) with a large order of chili cheese tots with ranch and a route 44 Diet (LOL) Vanilla Coke....and most times I would get a cherry cream slush for dessert...just thinking about all of that makes me want to vomit now. :p

I use to stop on my way home from school at Sonic and get two corn dogs (or two chili cheese dogs), mozarella sticks, fried pickles, tater tots, and a large orange cream slush.

Or McDonald's and get a quarter pounder w/cheese (or big mac), as a large combo with my drink half sprite, half orange hi-c, plus a small fry and a 10 pack nugget with sweet and sour sauce. When the 20 pack was 5$ I got that instead.

Or Chic-fil-a and get a fried chicken sandwich with three mayo packs, (or the spicy sandwich with loads of ranch... two or three packs) as a combo with large fries and a large cookies and cream shake. This one almost sounds restrained by comparison.

• MlleKelly
    MlleKelly Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Kraft Macaroni & Cheese...the whole box, sometimes two at once. There's not even any cheese in it! Now if I want mac n' cheese, I make it myself from scratch.

Also...meat. Not so much for the "OMG it's an animal!" factor, but the "OMG, it actually hurts my body" factor.

I have an amino acid deficiency which makes it harder for my body to process animal proteins. It makes me sluggish, head-achey, stomach-achey, constipated-y then suddenly NOT constipated-y, which super sucks because I'm all about Polish sausage, Italian sausage, Italian beef, juicy burgers, tender filet mignon, Chicago pizza piled with sausage...ugh. The only thing I don't miss is chicken and pork (in bacon, chop, and roast forms).
  • ColetteD130
    ColetteD130 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Once I made a box of stuffing all for myself.. not even around Thanksgiving. I don't even want to know how many calories that is. I can happily say that was years ago!
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I once ate some sort of rich chocolate dessert and then put it into MFP. Gah! One dessert blew an entire day! Haven't done that to myself in a while...

On the other hand, we have Domino's Thin Pizza about once a week, and so far, it hasn't been a diet buster (570 cals. for half a medium pizza). :blush:

19507081.png
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    oldmomma wrote: »
    samacooper wrote: »
    Entire bags of milano cookies, or half a package of oreos in one sitting.

Oh yeah...Mint Milano cookies. ENTIRE.BAG. :)

I still haven't dared buying Pepperidge Farm cookies since I started losing weight. I don't think I'd have any self control with them. Serving size = one bag.
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    A slice of carrot cake with nuts & cream cheese frosting + a slice of NY cheesecake... right after an upsized Big Mac meal + 6 McNuggets + McFlurry. I ate this for dinner every other day. I'm genuinely surprised I never went over 148 pounds.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Once I made a box of stuffing all for myself.. not even around Thanksgiving. I don't even want to know how many calories that is. I can happily say that was years ago!

Stuffing is really low unless you add loads of butter. c200cal per 100g.
  • ljones27uk
    ljones27uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    a foot long subway every day with cheese, mayo etc... about 1200 calories.. chuck on the cookie and you arent far off what I eat in an entire day now... i go to subway most days now, but its only for a salad now
  • Roony02
    Roony02 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'd quite often eat an entire packet of cookies or 1l tub of ice cream but one thing that was terrible was rolling up slices of ham and dipping them in ready made egg mayo, awful!!
  • Charliecatesq
    Charliecatesq Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Probably the amount of beer i was drinking 2-4 pints 3-4 times a week and the days i wasn't cooking for two id buy a ready meal (for two people) and eat the lot. Or eat rounds of toast, butter and jam/peanut butter an hour before i served dinner as a "snack". The constant grazing too, if it wasn't nailed down i'd probably have thumbed it in my mouth. Though reading some of these i think i got off lightly. It was always serving size with me rather than melting cheese in the microwave (jesus!).
  • rubygetsitdone
    Options
    I used to have a regular order at the Domino's next to my dorm: 1 small pizza with extra mushrooms and extra Italian sausage, 8 hot wings, blue cheese sauce, 2 garlic butter sauces, and a 20 oz cherry coke. Over 2600 calories altogether and I was ordering that about once a week at one point. The worst part? I ordered it for delivery, even though the Domino's was a 15-minute walk from my dorm.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    amybg1 wrote: »
    salsa and sour cream mixed together as a dip, spread on a tortilla, add a bit of cheese and microwave for 20 secs or so

One? sounds fine to me.