I can't believe I used to eat that!!

Options

Replies

• jouttie
    jouttie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    yogicarl wrote: »
    Late night toast sessions - easily six slices of toast, thickly spread with plant oil spreads and peanut butter. Well - bread is good for you, right?
    - oh and the reason? - I'm carbing up for the morning session tomorrow - yeah right!

Yes! Late-night toast sessions when you come in from the pub. Hand-eye coordination, null point... you end up putting an inch-thick layer of salty butter on your numerous slices of toast and wind up with it dripping down your chin. Seriously attractive. Then you wake up the next morning thirsty as hell and covered in crumbs and wondering why.
    Haven't done this for YEARS (thankfully).
  • Adara65
    Options
    When I was young, active and had a much faster metabolism, I would sub cool whip for ice cream when I had none and stir in chocolate chips. Oh, to be young!
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    oldmomma wrote: »
    samacooper wrote: »
    Entire bags of milano cookies, or half a package of oreos in one sitting.

Oh yeah...Mint Milano cookies. ENTIRE.BAG. :)

I still haven't dared buying Pepperidge Farm cookies since I started losing weight. I don't think I'd have any self control with them. Serving size = one bag.

I still buy these on occasion and have been pretty good about controlling myself. I share them with my co-worker and she really likes them as a treat on her break. My go-to is the Raspberry chocolate but I once found a package of Lemon chocolate...O.M.G. Seriously good.

One of the worst things I used to eat was my own version of the BLT...bacon, tomato, fried egg(s), mayo and peanut butter on toast (and hold the lettuce!). I'd make two. No idea how many calories but it had to be horrible. I haven't had one of those in a looong time but maybe when I hit my goal weight, I'll make one, enjoy the hell out of it and then say goodbye to them for another decade.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I do miss not having massive plates of fried rice , chilli beef or sweet and sours that I cook. Its too much hassle in cooking for the size of portion id get at the moment.

Such a shame I cant eat without consequence. I'll be back....[/quote]

Why don't you cook your fried rice, chilli beef or sweet and sours and freeze them in calorie controlled portions, then you enjoy what you love and can just reheat the rest and it won't seen a hassle as the next time you eat it its a 5-10min effort.
  • PeterSedesse
    Options
    Had a wings place near my university. They would sell 50 wings for $10. I would eat that and a pitcher of beer during 1 football game.

when I was a kid, I would take an entire pack of oreos, crush them in a big glass (maybe 20 oz) and then pour milk into it... during saturday morning cartoons.
  • RosieWest8
    RosieWest8 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    When I was a child I used to smash up a banana with .... an embarrassing amount of sugar and eat it. Can't believe I did that and I'm thinking maybe my mom did not notice the added sugar -- if so I can't believe SHE let me eat it. LOL.
  • Falcon
    Falcon Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I ate peanut butter and onion sandwiches as a kid. My dad thought it was gross, but a lot of veggies go with peanut butter, so why not :D
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    The list is too long to mention here. I can't even believe what I use to eat. If I eat any of those foods now, I feel sick.
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My Friday routine used to be no breakfast, then a baja fresh bean and cheese burrito with chips, salsa, and a large soda refilled multiple times for lunch. Then I would go to the Japanese market and get rice balls, chocolate, and sweet rolls to eat throughout the day. Dinner was about 3 bowls of curry with rice and challah.

By the end of the day I always felt so gross, but everything tasted good so I did it again the next week. I still eat curry and challah every week, but I eat less and there's no rice.

I looked it up, it was about 3,500kcal and 7,800mg of sodium. Every Friday. For a 5' 4" girl.
  • SquidVonBob
    SquidVonBob Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Also when I was a kid I used to sit in front of the TV with a bag of sugar and a spoon. To this day I'm amazed I didn't get diabetes. Also I would eat an entire bag of goldfish crackers in one sitting quite often.
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Stouffer's has this frozen 'dish' called welsh rarebit, it's just a plastic bucket of cheese like goo. You are meant to eat it on bread, but when I opened it and saw it was just a bucket of cheese like goo I just ate it plain. I want to tell you I ate least used a spoon, but no I drank out of the side of the container. I bought it a few more times, with the intention of at least pouring it onto something or dipping something into it but nope, drank from the container.
  • billisbig
    billisbig Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    i would buy the big box of corn dogs from Costco and eat about 4 or 5 for a mid afternoon snack. i also used to eat like 4 packages of top ramen in one sitting. looking back its no surprise i used to be 280 pounds.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I do miss not having massive plates of fried rice , chilli beef or sweet and sours that I cook. Its too much hassle in cooking for the size of portion id get at the moment.

Such a shame I cant eat without consequence. I'll be back....

Why don't you cook your fried rice, chilli beef or sweet and sours and freeze them in calorie controlled portions, then you enjoy what you love and can just reheat the rest and it won't seen a hassle as the next time you eat it its a 5-10min effort.[/quote]

I understand portion control, moderation and deny myself nothing, but at the moment a small portion wouldnt really do it for me. Freezing tends to messs with the texture as well.
    When I get to target next summer, then ill have extra calories to play with plus I will continue exercising so can handle it better. In the meantime I can have it as a treat, which I normally tie to achieving a target. Think im along the lines of having enjoyed all the excess of calories I ate, but now realise the need for lifestyle changes and am more focused on target.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Well, everything I used to eat I STILL eat. So... nothing.
    same here

• EmotionalEater84
    EmotionalEater84 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Animals .. I can't believe I used to look at a piece of meat and not relate it to a once living/breathing creature on this planet :(
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    sheepotato wrote: »
    Stouffer's has this frozen 'dish' called welsh rarebit, it's just a plastic bucket of cheese like goo. You are meant to eat it on bread, but when I opened it and saw it was just a bucket of cheese like goo I just ate it plain. I want to tell you I ate least used a spoon, but no I drank out of the side of the container. I bought it a few more times, with the intention of at least pouring it onto something or dipping something into it but nope, drank from the container.
    This may win. :smile: thanks for sharing that!
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I would slice a block of cheddar cheese, put a slice of cheese in between 2 potato chips with mustard and finish off whole thing, both the cheese and the chips. I called them "chipwiches" until they invented the ice cream snack by that name. Shudder.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    After logging one Carl's Jr. burger in to MFP, I haven't been back. I have no desire to revisit Red Robin's either. Bread used to be my go-to, and I could easily finish off half a loaf in a day. That and the margarine bin. Nowadays the bread is in the freezer so it won't go stale and I take one slice a day.
  • jillianajones
    jillianajones Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school, I would have a soda and a candy bar for breakfast almost every day. If I did that now I think I would pass out from a sugar high.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I still eat this, but the quantity has changed alot- peanut butter. I used to eat it on toast, thickly spread on bananas, a huge heaping spoonful as a snack,and usually with a glass of whole milk.

Another one I dont do much anymore- ice cream. My husband and I would sit down and just eat a tub of ice cream together every night. Will your tummy hurt, or the spoon hit the bottom of the tub, your "serving" was finished.

cooking in large amounts of oil. WHY?

Oh and cheese. I used to eat chunks of cheddar cheese, like easily a large portion of the block, because "it has no sugar". yeah but its calorie dense as hell.