what the hell im i supposed to eat tomorrow on THANKSGIVING!!!

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    Eat the foods you like/love in moderation and enjoy the holiday spent with friends/family.

MFP will still be here on Friday. Having 1 day over your calorie goal out of the year is a drop in the bucket, and in the grand scheme of things, is nothing. You deficit may end up smaller this week, and heck, maybe you won't lose any weight... but that doesn't mean next week won't be a different story.
    One day of the year? But what about Christmas? And New Years? and her birthday? And graduation?
    Why thanksgiving?

I was only referring to Thanksgiving, of and in itself.

Christmas is 1 day out of the year.
    Your Birthday is 1 day out of a year.

The point is to enjoy those special occasions. Just don't treat every day as a special occasion or holiday...

What about bowling day, flag day, donut day, multiple personality day, peanut butter lovers day, dentist day, lazy day, frankenstein day, soup day? Lots of days to celebrate. Damn, I'm just going to quit now.
    And fried rice fridays.
  • ccecci92
    ccecci92 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Eat the foods you like/love in moderation and enjoy the holiday spent with friends/family.

MFP will still be here on Friday. Having 1 day over your calorie goal out of the year is a drop in the bucket, and in the grand scheme of things, is nothing. You deficit may end up smaller this week, and heck, maybe you won't lose any weight... but that doesn't mean next week won't be a different story.
    One day of the year? But what about Christmas? And New Years? and her birthday? And graduation?
    Why thanksgiving?

The point is to enjoy those special occasions. Just don't treat every day as a special occasion or holiday...

What about bowling day, flag day, donut day, multiple personality day, peanut butter lovers day, dentist day, lazy day, frankenstein day, soup day? Lots of days to celebrate. Damn, I'm just going to quit now.

lol :D
  • ccecci92
    ccecci92 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    it's only one day hun..don't start beating yourself up about it...drink LOTS of water tomorrow..take a litre of water with you :) do your best to get a workout in before you..even a mini one...enjoy life !!! please try not to let the number on the scale rule you...Happy Thanksgiving from Canada :)
    Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to you too
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,687 Member
    Options
    ccecci92 wrote: »
    we are having dinner at a friends house,
    i know theres gonna be potato salad,
    the turkey, chicken, cheesecake for dessert and other delicios food,
    and i know im gonna want to eat all of those things.
    should i just not go?
    or what should i do?
    I cant control myself too much when there's a lot of food
    helppp!!!
    Eat within your calorie limit if possible. If not, ONE DAY isn't going to determine whether or not you end up reaching goal.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Holidays are going to be a part of your life, so you just have to plan for them. For the long term it's better to look at your calorie goal as a weekly thing instead of a daily thing. Try to go a little lighter on days where you just are not as hungry and you will have a nice calorie padding for days when you go over. Or the opposite works, if you go over just try to go a little under later in the week to still meet your goal.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Y'all know that the OP deactivated, right? Good conversation though.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    mygnsac wrote: »
    No she didn't she's been involved in the entire discussion
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    She replied 20 minutes ago.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I know I sound like a broken record, but feasting on legitimate feast days is simply not the problem. At most there's maybe 10 of them a year. It's what you do on the other 355 that really matter.
  • shadesofidaho
    shadesofidaho Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Well we are having pork roast and all the trimmings. I will give hubby his spuds gravy stuffing and I will OD on the pork and veggies. :smiley: I might whip up a half pint of whipping cream and add some vanilla or almond flavor. dish up a scoop or two in my coffee after dinner.

No one is coming over here so if you want to friend me I will be happy to hold your hand through the day on messages.

Do not freak out. You can do this. Be as sensible as you can and call it good. Tomorrow is another day. I WISH I weighed 210.

chris
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    I know I sound like a broken record, but feasting on legitimate feast days is simply not the problem. At most there's maybe 10 of them a year. It's what you do on the other 355 that really matter.
    What a healthy and rational way of thinking about things. cheers :smile:
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options

Oops. That was another post. Don't mind me.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    It's one day…….enjoy but be smart. No worries.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options

was that cranky lentil girl's thread?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options

Why thanksgiving?

Yup, we're totally screwed. You're right, MrM!

I'm gonna go wallow in pie now.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options

was that cranky lentil girl's thread?

She's still here
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options

Don't worry. We don't mind you.

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options

Which means totes deacto, obvs.

DYEFB?!
  • kimbelle_vie
    kimbelle_vie Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Also. Don't hope on the scale a couple days after, if u do don't b surprised to see a higher number up on the scale, most of the time it's just water weight anyway. It's best to wait a few days! Don't get discouraged! :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    what happens between Nov 25 and Jan 1 are significantly less important than what happens between Jan 2nd and Nov 24.

Yes somehow those days between the 25th and the 1st get significantly MORE attention- more sweating- more whining- more neoritc posting about how to survive.

Enjoy the time with your family- make wise choices- but don't make yourself crazy- all in all none of the things you will consume tomorrow are life altering calorie crashing decisions. eating that stuff in excess amounts day in and day out are the problem.

Eat lots of protein and veggies- if you're fussing and really worried- avoid things with heavy sauces- creams and butters- go low on breads- or anything heavy carb.

no I do not believe carbs are not bad- but they are high in calories... so an easy way to limit that is just keep those down lower.

You'll be fine. And if you're feeling saucy- jump into the T-Day challenge and see the ridiculousness happening over there :D
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10025886/t-day-calorie-challenge/p1