30 Day Shred!! Who's with me?!

Options

Replies

• BuffyKicksButt
    Options
    I'm in too!!! Gonna try and do 5x a week - hopefully I can get through it :) Last time I did consecutively for 7 days and by the 5th day it was much easier and I was less sore - but then of course I went on vaca and never got back into it. Until now that is..... :)
  • LilMissAngi
    LilMissAngi Posts: 127
    Options
    I started June1st, but have only done it 4 times! I haven't been able to make to all the way through without stopping! I have to keep pausing it and sometimes I get halfway through!

One day I will get there!

I don't plan on going to level two until I can do level one without having to keep stopping and resting.
  • countrygirlsoul
    Options
    I'd love to join this group. I actually started on the 4th but took yesterday off. I really wanted to try doing it everyday but I had to listen to my body and take a day off. Tonight is L1D5 for me! I still can't do a push up(even the modified ones) to save my life but I'm really enjoying it so far!! I want to be able to do ALL of level one before I move up to Level 2,
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    1/3 times in!:happy:

Weekly goal for me: Shred 3X per week plus Cardio 5X per week.

How is everyone doing? Thanks for the challenge and encouragement Sky!!:flowerforyou:
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    I still can't do a push up(even the modified ones) to save my life but I'm really enjoying it so far!!

I did this on the advice of a friend (who is also a personal trainer)Try doing a push-up standing in a doorway with your hands on each side of the frame. As you get stronger, go further and further down, (maybe try it with your hands on steps). I do them off a cedar chest now. I can do them on my knees, but am trying to do them on my toes. Can't do more than a few on the floor yet, but I'm improving quickly. Hope this helps :happy:
  • countrygirlsoul
    Options

I did this on the advice of a friend (who is also a personal trainer)Try doing a push-up standing in a doorway with your hands on each side of the frame. As you get stronger, go further and further down, (maybe try it with your hands on steps). I do them off a cedar chest now. I can do them on my knees, but am trying to do them on my toes. Can't do more than a few on the floor yet, but I'm improving quickly. Hope this helps :happy:

Thanks! I'll def try that!
  • horseryder77
    horseryder77 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I started it 3 days ago! After the first day I was really sore, but then worked out anyway, and I'm even more sore today haha. So I took today off, but tomorrow I'm going to start D3L1. I wonder if there's any specific way to do it? Like if I just do the shred for 5 or 6 days a week for 30 days, will it work? I'm assuming it will! I don't have access to an elliptical for cardio work, and I have bad knee so its hard to run. I hope it will! thoughts? haha
    btw I'm not sure when to go onto level 2... I can get through level 1 alright! I'm still dripping with sweat though :-p. Maybe after a week?
  • tara3103
    tara3103 Posts: 107
    Options
    I am totally in! I completed day 2 today and boy am I sore. I am more out of shape than I thought! I have heard that day 3 is rough because your body is more sore, so hopefully it will be a good day tomorrow and I won't have trouble! Thanks for starting the group sky!!
  • skywalker
    Options
    I'm ended up taking a rest day today. For soreness, hydrate, hydrate, hydratre!:drinker: It helps.:happy:

Welcome tlldeboo! :flowerforyou:

Horseryder, when I first did the Shred, I did 10 days on each level, whether I felt like I could move on or not. I did a total of 30 Shred days and didn't count rest days in with the 30, so it really took closer to 50 to complete. That worked for me. You should do it however it feels right for you. I do encourage rest days for everyone. Recovery is an important component in muscle building. Overworking leads to injury. Let's all stay healthy and injury free! :happy:
  • RooMcDermott
    RooMcDermott Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I actually started on June 1, but am only on Day 4 of Level 1. I did two consecutive days last Tuesday/Wednesday and could barely walk on Thursday, did it again on Friday morning and took the weekend off due to travel. I picked up Day 4 last night and followed the shred with a mile walk on the treadmill, I think that has helped significantly in the soreness department, this morning I am not too sore. I would like to try to shred every day, but realistically I am shooting for every other day.

Great work everyone!
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I am starting back into this. On Level1 Day 3 today. I am only doing level one for 10 days then moving on to her other videos in rotation for the Jillian Micheals 30 day Slim Down. It uses a few other videos... http://www.exercisetv.tv/workoutplans.aspx?id=1
  • dhorton
    dhorton Posts: 5
    Options
    I completed D2L1 WOOHOO. I have to admit I took a rest day between days 1 and 2. I was so sore after the first day that I thought I couldn't get through it if I tried. Oh well, I'm still sore but this morning I was motivated to continue. I'm one who will easily give up if I take to much time off so I pushed through and finished! :bigsmile:
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    I had to take a rest day yesterday, too. After the beating I took at work I was just exhausted by the time I got home and got the kids to bed. I'll be doing L1D4 today though. It's amazing how much better my quads feel after just that 1 day off!
  • vals74
    vals74 Posts: 13
    Options
    Proud of myself for crawling out of bed and doing day 3 :) BUT dissappointed that I couldn't do as many repetition's today due to muscle soreness :( Keeping fingers crossed tomorrow I am back to where I was yesterday...
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Day 2 L1 for me! Check
    Plus 10 min on eliptical Check

Tonight a 30 minute hike with my dog~I am doubling for my Skinny Wed Challenge! Check :wink:

Pretty motivated after reading these comments! We are totally working it people!!! :blushing:
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    L1D4 completed! Also completed W3D2 of the 200 Situp Challenge.
  • skywalker
    Options
    Wow! Every time I check in, our group keeps growing!! :drinker:
    I'm planning on Shredding a little later this evening and getting in a bike ride. I considered trying Jillian's Yoga Meltdown as well. I'm also in the Skinny Wednesday Challenge that Fab mentioned so I have to step it up today. I'll be back later tonight.
    Happy Shredding!!! :drinker:
  • mmaxxy
    mmaxxy Posts: 6
    Options
    Hello! Nice to hear about everyone's journey to wellness. I chose to do 10 days on each level. Today is day 10 on level 1. Definitely feeling stronger than at day 1. I am a bit nervous about level 2. Hope it isn't complete torture! I like when Jillian says "that is fear leaving the body!" She kicks butt!
  • skywalker
    Options
    OMG, mmaxxy!! Your pic looks like the Cheshire Cat!! Too cute!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • tara3103
    tara3103 Posts: 107
    Options
    Ok, so today I completed day 3 on level 1! So proud of myself that I did it, though my body aches everywhere, I am just glad I came back. I hope everyone else is doing great with it!