30 Day Shred!! Who's with me?!

Options

Replies

• skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Welcome to all the new faces!! :flowerforyou:
    I'll be Shredding later on before dinner. I'll check in afterward. Gotta go mow the lawn...:tongue:
    Happy Shredding, ladies!!! :drinker:
  • cpenn1980
    cpenn1980 Posts: 22
    Options
    I can rock out the jumping jacks but jump roping kills me. The only segment i can get completely through of jump roping is the last one on level 1. I can't figure out why I can do the last one but not the two before?
  • countrygirlsoul
    Options
    Okay, L1D7 complete!! I'm noticing that my energy level is going way up which is great but I'm struggling to find the best foods to eat. Does anyone have some ideas?
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    L1D7...shredded! I sure was craving some peanut butter after tonight's workout though. Good thing I had plenty of calories left for a second "mini dinner" after working out. My eating schedule is always a bit goofy on the days I work. It's like I have 2 mini dinners, one around 5pm and the other after I get home around 9/9:30. Is that a bad thing? I was still under my calories by 158, so it shouldn't matter too much I wouldn't think.

What's everyone's thoughts on going over in protein?

Oh, and I would have taken today off, except I couldn't let countrygirl get ahead of me in days. :noway: :wink:
  • skywalker
    Options
    Countrygirl... As far as foods go, I'd say experiment and see what works best for you. For me, before a big cardio workout, a whole wheat english muffin with peanut butter and some juice a few hours before keeps me going. 8 years ago a did a marathon and that was my breakast. A banana with peanut butter is great too. Hope that helps :happy:

my2loves... I never really worried about going over on protein. It's great for muscle recovery so I never really even consider it, but that's just me. :wink:

I'm checking in a day late. I did Shred before dinner yesterday, L1, and I mowed the lawn and did some other yardwork. :bigsmile:
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    For snacks I usually have yogurt, fresh veggies or fresh fruit, popcorn (but the not-so-healthy kind, lol), or mini pretzels. I'm really not good at this whole meal planning thing yet. I like the english muffin with PB idea. Another poster (diff thread) suggest making your own peanut butter. Just throw the peanuts in the grinder until smooth (or at least smoother). Less of the added in junk from store bought PB. I'm going to try that this week.
  • countrygirlsoul
    Options
    Thanks, those are some great ideas! I didn't do the shred today but did however spend most of the day in my garden weeding it, and doing a bunch of other yardwork. Tomorrow will be L1D7 for sure!
  • maviolette
    maviolette Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi all.

I'm new to MFP and I love it. I'm telling everyone I know about it!

I just did D1L1 tonight. Had to modify a bit and didn't quite get through each part, but it's a start!
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    L1D8 complete. I'm excited for a change in the Shred workout routine. L2 is right around the corner!
  • cpenn1980
    Options
    So I took yesterday off to let my body recover a bit, but today I got D4L1 done :)
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I started! L1D1. I bet tomorrow will be a lot harder. I usually try to use at least 300 calories exercising, so I am planning to add the elliptical tomorrow. Are any of you doing other exercise besides? I took my measurements and plan to do so again after finishing 30 days. (which I figure will take me about 45 with travel etc) So here goes! :drinker:
  • tara3103
    tara3103 Posts: 107
    Options
    What does everyone think about skipping days in between? I did L1 days 1-3 in a row, but then took 2 days off, then did L1D4 and took one day off. I will be doing L1D5 tonight. If I put too many day in between, do you think you lose some of the impact? I am trying to get on a more routine schedule, but with my work and my husbands work, I am shuffling our 2 kids everywhere and run out of time at night. Maybe I need to try early morning (NOT a morning person:yawn: ) lol!! Thanks for the feedback!
  • vals74
    vals74 Posts: 13
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Did my 6th day of L1 today; but feeling really guilty that I never got around to doing it this weekend. Also, completely TANKED my eating better... was doing so great all week, then BAM! Oh well, need to figure out a better way to deal with these weekends. Proud of myself for getting back on the wagon today... and I WILL find a way to deal with Sat/Sun - although, if anyone has suggestions I would love to hear them - ?
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    I took 1 day off between L1D3 and L1D4 because my quads needed it. Other than that one day, I haven't felt the need (muscle-wise) to take a day off. I've been tired and all that but I figure that's not a real excuse not to do it, LOL! If my muscles told me to take a break, I would. I'm not sure if there's any impact depending on the number of days you take off. JM never states that you have to do all 30 days in a row. At least not that I've heard?

It's easy for me to fall into slacking, so I have to make a concerted effort every day to Shred. Even after I've worked a 12 hr shift at the hospital and then it's 9pm by the time I Shred. If I don't, I know it'll be even easier for me to talk myself out of Shredding the next day and so forth. A vicious cycle that I want no part of any more.

As for weekends, I try and pre-plan my food for Saturday on Friday night. I do the same thing for Sunday on Saturday night, Sunday night for Monday, etc I've found that if I have a typed out plan (or in this case, pre-logged on MFP) I'll follow it like a menu. Is it still hard to resist the sweets and other goodies? Absolutely! The pre-planned menu just works best for me.
  • cpenn1980
    Options
    So I haven't looked at L2 or L3 yet, but i have a question for those that have done/seen it. Is it possible to do in a hotel room? L1 is tame enough and doesn't have any huge moves that take up lots of room. My husband and I are about to drive from Alaska to Pennsylvania and will be on the road for quite a few days. Eating healthy is going to be a challenge but I'm going to do my best. I really want to keep up with the shred since we will be sitting in the car about 12 hours a day. Thanks!

Oh...and if you want to feel like you are having a really decadent treat...melt your serving of peanut butter and dip an apple in it...YUM!
  • BOLO4Hagtha
    BOLO4Hagtha Posts: 396 Member
    Options

What's everyone's thoughts on going over in protein?

Personally, I'd rather be over on the protein category than any of the others. As long as you are getting lean protein then I don't think its too bad.
  • skywalker
    Options
    Just quoting myself here....
    [/quote]
    Even Jillian recommends rest days. Listen to your body. I can't speak for anyone else, but I plan on taking more than 30 days to complete it. Probably closer to 50 :smile:
    [/quote]
  • csydavis
    csydavis Posts: 3
    Options
    I started level 1 last week, and LOVE IT! After just 1 week I have gotten comments from people asking me if I've lost weight! Starting level 2 tonight! Nervous, but excited. Just make sure you really push yourself, you'll get a lot out of the work out if you do!

1285621.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • caitlin15
    caitlin15 Posts: 28
    Options
    Sounds pretty cool!

I started doing her workout last week but unfortunately went out of town so I couldn't be consistent and do it every day. But I'm starting again today when I get home! I know that you get super sore but just look on the bright side, it's ONLY 20 MINUTES!!! WOW!!

:D
  • csydavis
    csydavis Posts: 3
    Options
    I just asked a friend of mine the exact same question today about going over my daily alloted protein intake (she is a nutritionist). Her exact words were "You have expensive pee or poo" So there is nothing TOO wrong with going over your goal.