Scared because dieting and gaining weight. Is it a tumour?

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    ok so anyway. I get what people said in response to my post(I learned something new :) ). but the poster is not getting anything anyone is telling her point blank. we still have not established if she weighs her food or not..I thought food wrappers were correct too at one time until I decided to start weighing things and boy was I surprised
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    6 pages in all I have to add is I want to sing Dobie Gray
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    ok so anyway. I get what people said in response to my post(I learned something new :) ). but the poster is not getting anything anyone is telling her point blank. we still have not established if she weighs her food or not..I thought food wrappers were correct too at one time until I decided to start weighing things and boy was I surprised

The Valencia sweet & salty peanuts from Costco is 1/4 cup (28g) for a serving. I measured out a 1/4 cup. It was over by nearly 10g. I was rather pissed as I put those extra tasty peanuts back, because I had been overeating them thinking I was being all damn diligent and junk. :angry:

Also, this applies...

tumblr_mcptq9c4e71rp4xpeo1_500.gif
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    lorib642 wrote: »
    bumblebee wrote: »
    Ok I'm confused then. I really don't think I'm eating over 2077 kcals per day. End of. I know I'm right.

i believe you. Either you are eating more than you think you are or burning less than you think. I haven't read through the whole thread (sorry), has anyone gone over your calculations with you? You may have to experiment a bit because they are approximations. If you have lost weight your calorie goal goes down.

( wasn't laughing at you earlier, just the images)

all advice that has been given to OP has been rejected….
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    After quick review of your diary I solved it! "Prunes" Intake = Output
  • PrizePopple
    My BMR is 1500 by the way

Since the only stat I know about you is that you are 136 pounds, and your BMR is 1500 ... IIFYM calc indicates you'd be a 5'11" 17 year old. Tell me how that is accurate?

oAdxehd.png
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Seriously??? Over 5 lbs(what I see is the loss to get to the high end of your goal range)! I fluctuate up to 5 lbs in a days time. Its water fluctuations is my guess. Based on picture I'd think maybe its your bodies set point and won't budge. Honestly I'd work on produce intakes and less sodium.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Oh and to be perfectly honest I'd probably cut the wine out first. But that's me someone that doesn't much care for drinking.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    No. . . prunes always are 20 calories. I do not have many food items which are the exact same every time but the OP seems to have the perfect foods for this. If you do not weigh your food and you are not accurate you may find it takes longer to figure things out.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    No. . . prunes always are 20 calories. I do not have many food items which are the exact same every time but the OP seems to have the perfect foods for this. If you do not weigh your food and you are not accurate you may find it takes longer to figure things out.

My fridge looks like a perfect game of Tetris
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Have you considered the possibility that it might be a unicorn?
    a108732-128-unicorn.gif?d=1116501442

0bvzgc63d01i.jpg

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »

My fridge looks like a perfect game of Tetris
    hehehe.....

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Ok I'm confused then. I really don't think I'm eating over 2077 kcals per day. End of. I know I'm right.

Do you weigh your food? Yes or no. You continue to skip over this question so I'm going to assume it's a no.
  • amandaziegler
    amandaziegler Posts: 3 Member

Well, OP, if you are so certain "you are right" and in fact have a tumor, the first piece of advice that anyone gave you is still accurate. Go to the doctor. Unless you think said "tumor" is going to go away on its own. Seriously. I know it's hard to accept when we aren't doing things the correct way. I know I have a hard time swallowing that fact. If you are so sure you are right, you had no need to ask anyone for advice. You should have simply gone straight to the doctor for the diagnosis. Do you actually WANT a tumor? I personaly would want it to be anything, anything else. Cause, a tumor? Not a good thing.

I guess I'm wondering what is going to happen if your doctor tells you it's not a tumor? Will you ignore him too?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    ok this is for bumblebee. your calorie goal seems to be 1630 calories a day. that is WITHOUT any exercise. If you go over that 1630 calories without exercise you are overeating,even if its only 300 calories you still are overeating,If you exercise and burn those 300 calories that doesnt mean you can eat those 300 calories back. If you are relying on food packaging for accurate calories,fat,etc 99% of the time the packaging is WRONG and will not be the same, those weights and calories are ESTIMATES,

Why not? She's not doing her calorie count with TDEE...

for most people to lose weight if they eat their exercise calories back they gain weight or hit a plateau. what is the point of working out and burning those calories to lose weight if you are just going to eat them back or more?

That's not from eating back exercise calories - that's from eating back exercise calories plus more.

People are as bad at estimating exercise burn as they are at estimating how much they're eating....

• PrizePopple
    Oh look the thread is back from the great beyond!

I realized last night that a zombie thread from July was from OP, and in that thread she states that she's 5'8". So at 136 pounds, and if I guessed that she's 35 years old, then her BMR is 1362.

TDEE with exercising everyday would be 1872. Of course, add in suspect logging practices and any hope a deficit has vanished.

*waits to be told she's wrong*

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited November 2014
    Bumblebee,

You are incorrect. Saying you think you don't eat over a certain amount of calorie does not make it fact.

Its obvious that you don't weight your food, which means your portions are off and most likely underestimated. The only way to know is to log everything you eat, weigh all foods and measure all liquids. Make sure you included exercise calories but don't eat them all back (or don't record the entire amount, record only 50-75% of those calories).
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Kalikel wrote: »
    Kalikel wrote: »
    maidentl wrote: »
    Y'all really need to stop talking about menopause. You're stressing me out.
    Try being in your mid-forties, sexually active and not getting your period for ten weeks.

Wanna talk stress?

"It's not possible. Be logical. He had the snip-snip. It is not possible. Don't freak out. You cannot be...Oh, GOD!...it's not possible..."

I guess getting older and possibly entering this peri-menopausal stage is better than pregnant. I don't have to shoot myself over menopause. ;)

The insomnia sucks, though. When it happens, it isn't so much not falling asleep, but waking up and not being able to go back to sleep. That SUCKS.
    You mean the "I'm awake from 12am to 4am" thing? yeah, that sucks.
    Yes.

Fall asleep. Two to four hours later, awake. Not just "woke up." AWAKE. No hope of going back to sleep.

Never happened before. Pisses me off.

Off thread, but try melatonin--works for me. :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    i thought this thread got nuked???
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    i thought this thread got nuked???

Not yet. B)