Scared because dieting and gaining weight. Is it a tumour?

Please could you have a look at my past couple of weeks food and exercise diary. I started on 139lbs and have gone up to 146lbs. I'm sure I'm eating the right amount and I'm running regularly. I know that fluid retention, muscle gain etc make a difference on the scales, but I have never, ever weighed 146lbs before and I'm a daily weigher! I'm actually scared that it may be a tumour that is causing the extra weight. I have ruled out pregnancy. Can you help? Xx

Replies

• harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    We don't have an MRI here...
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Please see a doctor asap. that's scary.
  • bumblebee
    bumblebee Posts: 53 Member
    Have you looked at my diary? I wanted to know if you can shed light on why this is happening.
  • MadamMina
    MadamMina Posts: 82 Member
    Looking at your picture and estimating your age, I am wondering it could be hormonal? Do know how ever stress can make you gain as well and looking at your story it looks to me you are very stressed about your diet and weight.
  • TeresaB1979
    TeresaB1979 Posts: 158 Member
    I genuinely don't mean to be rude but why on earth are you not going straight to the doctor if you think you may have a tumour. You need to rule that out first and then you can address your diet on MFP but for now- GET TO A DOCTOR!

Good luck. Hope you get good news. Hopefully it's something simple like you have been miscalculating your intake. It's very easily done.
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    After a careful review of your post, I determined that it is not a tumor and it's simply a case of eating more than your maintenance calories. I prescribe eating less to fix the problem.

Disclaimer: I am not an actual doctor and all my statements are not based on fact. Any resemblance to real occurrences is pure coincidence.
  • bumblebee
    After a careful review of your post, I determined that it is not a tumor and it's simply a case of eating more than your maintenance calories. I prescribe eating less to fix the problem.

Disclaimer: I am not an actual doctor and all my statements are not based on fact. Any resemblance to real occurrences is pure coincidence.

Look at my diary! I am eating at a deficit
  • TeresaB1979
    Your diary is locked.
  • bumblebee
    MadamMina wrote: »
    Looking at your picture and estimating your age, I am wondering it could be hormonal? Do know how ever stress can make you gain as well and looking at your story it looks to me you are very stressed about your diet and weight.

How does my picture suggest it may be hormonal? This is interesting
  • MadamMina
    MadamMina Posts: 82 Member
    bumblebee wrote: »
    MadamMina wrote: »

How does my picture suggest it may be hormonal? This is interesting

You look absolutely fab, no doubt, but looking at your face you look to me like you're not in your 20s anymore, more like end 30s to 40s. So I am wondering could it be you're heading towards menopause. We all know what that can do to someone's weight.

But still best to have a proper medical check up to rule everything out.

• fearlessleader104
    TOM, water retention from all the sodium you are taking in, miscounting calories because you are assuming the wrong serving size when logging, etc

Go see your doctor, won't cost you a thing.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    If I thought for a second I had a tumour, I wouldn't be asking for advice on a weight loss forum. I would be seeking advice from medical professionals.
    For this reason, I am thinking the op is a troll.
  • bumblebee
    Not at all, I am just trying to work out why I have gained 7lbs recently whilst eating 1630 cals or less per day and exercising! It seems ridiculous
  • fearlessleader104
    I know, right?
  • harlequin0318
    and your diary is still locked soooo
  • bumblebee
    and your diary is still locked soooo

Whoops sorry, just unlocked it
  • TeresaB1979
    Is there a reason you aren't going straight to the doctor? I'm genuinely amazed.
  • harlequin0318
    If you aren't weighing every food item on a food scale, i can guarantee you're overeating in calories. but i second TeresaB's post. if you think its a tumor - go to the doctor
  • RebeccaChemmy
    RebeccaChemmy Posts: 66 Member
    A tumour is a bit extreme... You've probably underestimated what you've eaten.

Also, why weigh daily? Once a week will suffice.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member

Its almost certainly that you are underestimating what you are eating and overestimating what you burn hence you are not really at a deficit. A portion of the weight could be just your body fluctuating.

Seriously OP what led you to think it was a tumour? If you are worried go and see a Dr.