Scared because dieting and gaining weight. Is it a tumour?

Replies

• bumblebee
    bumblebee Posts: 53 Member
    I don't overeat! On the days I went over I was only over the amount of calories it would take to lose weight. I wasn't eating over my daily recommended amount, so I shouldn't have gained.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Perhaps your body knows where it wants to be? It's at a very healthy weight.

In all seriousness, this sssooo much. At 40, you should be happy where you're at. You're healthy, stop stressing so much. Go live life.

I'm 40 and am 106 pounds which is the same weight I was at 18. Being 40 is no reason to have to be happy where you're at if it's not where you want to be.
  • Aviva92
    maidentl wrote: »
    Y'all really need to stop talking about menopause. You're stressing me out.

me too! I'm bleeding right now. yay, no menopause yet!
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 wrote: »

In all seriousness, this sssooo much. At 40, you should be happy where you're at. You're healthy, stop stressing so much. Go live life.

I'm 40 and am 106 pounds which is the same weight I was at 18. Being 40 is no reason to have to be happy where you're at if it's not where you want to be.

crap, now i'm worried i have a tumor.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    bumblebee wrote: »
    I don't overeat! On the days I went over I was only over the amount of calories it would take to lose weight. I wasn't eating over my daily recommended amount, so I shouldn't have gained.

huh?
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member

Did you even listen to anything anybody has written as response?

I'll summarize for you:

1)Your logging isn't accurate, therefor you're eating more calories than you think
    2)Your sodium is high, which can cause water retention
    3)Hormonal issues (Ovulation, Time of the month)
    4)Possible Menopause

I may have missed some other suggestions, but these were the main ones.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member

What? :huh:
  • Aviva92

what?
  • bumblebee
    Ok,the amount if calories that MFP recommends you eat is based on your height and weight and how much you want to lose. It works out your tdee. If you eat 'over' it means you are going over the 'diet' amount. It does not mean you are going over your maintenance amount.
  • bumblebee
    Ok,the amount if calories that MFP recommends you eat is based on your height and weight and how much you want to lose. It works out your tdee. If you eat 'over' it means you are going over the 'diet' amount. It does not mean you are going over your maintenance amount.

Also, I'm not asking you why I haven't lost weight, I'm asking why I gained 7lbs. Based on calories over the past 2 weeks I shouldn't have gained.
  • Lasmartchika

what?

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

huh?

I think she means she was eating at TDEE instead of TDEE -%

OP, again like others have said unless you are logging totally accurately using scales then you're likely eating more than you think. Also as I mentioned excessive sodium really can have an impact on the scale. And others have stated that that time of the month can also do that.

Seriously though, going from 0 to tumor is a little asinine.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member

Also, I'm not asking you why I haven't lost weight, I'm asking why I gained 7lbs. Based on calories over the past 2 weeks I shouldn't have gained.

This has been answered repeatedly in this thread. You are eating more than you think.
  • Aviva92

what?

i think we are at an impasse here.
  • bumblebee
    I DIDNT OVEREAT BY 15,000 calories though!!!
  • Lasmartchika

what?

La siguiente vez mejor quedate callada.
  • Aviva92
    edited November 2014

what?

La siguiente vez mejor quedate callada.

why are you speaking in spanish? anyway, no i don't keep quiet when i have something to say.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member

October-18-2011-20-12-49-DoubleFacePalm.jpg
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited November 2014

Well, you ate too much. That's why you've been gaining.

You have unintentionally been miscalculating calories.

It's okay. Just start weighing your foods and logging everything you eat. Eat only half of your exercise calories back.

Learn to be happy with you no matter what.

• Aviva92

are you sure that your scale is right? have you confirmed this weight on another scale?