Scared because dieting and gaining weight. Is it a tumour?

Options

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I think you have a tumor. The kind that's full of hair and teeth.
  • CGreen177
    CGreen177 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of salt in there, every day. Maybe try swapping out bought meals for home cooked, at least some of the time? Lunch looks like an easy tweak to make! And make sure you drink a lot of water.

But as everyone is saying, if you are worried, get to a doctor.
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Once you rule out the tumor - then come back and we can provide better help

She has been repeatedly told that (because it is obviously the most sensible thing to do) but chooses to entirely ignore it and won't give a reason for not going to a doctor. Strange. Takes all sorts I suppose.

its the KISS method ;)
  • galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    go see a doctor although I do think you will be the giggle after surgery hours you know the funniest appointment, this lady thinks she has a tumour based on weight gain!!!! maybe you need to poo? or maybe you ate too much or maybe hormones but your asking the wrong people which is why some of us are sarky and cannot believe this is a serious question
  • TeresaB1979
    TeresaB1979 Posts: 158 Member
    Options

She has been repeatedly told that (because it is obviously the most sensible thing to do) but chooses to entirely ignore it and won't give a reason for not going to a doctor. Strange. Takes all sorts I suppose.

its the KISS method ;)

Enlighten me please?
    :)
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options

its the KISS method ;)

Enlighten me please?

Keep It Simple Stupid

a tactic we use to talk to patients who can't understand medical lingo - or in another word, dumb it down more
  • 1961dublin
    1961dublin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Maybe you have damaged your metabolism by constant dieting and yo yoing over the years? Its happened to me many times. I have put on weight whilst eating practically nothing ,as my body stored every ounce consumed. If thats the case, you need to reset your metabolic rate which is not easy and takes a long time. Good luck!!
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I change my troll verdict to hypochondriac
  • TeresaB1979
    TeresaB1979 Posts: 158 Member
    Options

its the KISS method ;)

Enlighten me please?

Keep It Simple Stupid

a tactic we use to talk to patients who can't understand medical lingo - or in another word, dumb it down more

Ah gotcha. :D
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Looked at your diary, and almost nothing is made by you---therefore you are relying on the label for the calories. I would suggest that you make your own food for a while and weigh and measure everything. Then, what exercising are you doing? There's very little listed and you could be overestimating your burn. I would try to move more. I think you are eating too much and alot of sodium. Try to adjust for a week or two and see. As for your tumor---I hope you don't have one, as I'm sure you do too, so if you want to be assured on that--go see a doctor ASAP. Best. :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Go to the doctor if you're concerned you have a tumor. If you don't, then tighten up your logging because you're eating more than you think.
  • Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I don't think (but I don't know) that a tumor can spontaneously appear in you weighing 6 lbs. Maybe one of the medical field users can tell us.

Your sodium is high. I love sodium, so I'm not criticizing you for it. I would try increasing your water intake and possibly throwing in a drink like Powerade Zero or something.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    You are not logging accurately and you're consuming more calories than you think. Throw in excess sodium and hormonal fluctuations (ovulation, time of the month, etc) and there's your answer.

If you're truly concerned about having grown a 6-7 lbs tumor in the span of a couple weeks, you should head to the emergency room. Seriously.
  • bumblebee
    bumblebee Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You say I'm not exercising - I see 7 entries for running over that 2 week period. I AGREE WITH YOU ALL NOW THOUGH, I NEED TO ADJUST MY DEFICIT BY EATING LESS AND I WILL THEN WEIGH LESS.
    Looked at your diary, and almost nothing is made by you---therefore you are relying on the label for the calories. I would suggest that you make your own food for a while and weigh and measure everything. Then, what exercising are you doing? There's very little listed and you could be overestimating your burn. I would try to move more. I think you are eating too much and alot of sodium. Try to adjust for a week or two and see. As for your tumor---I hope you don't have one, as I'm sure you do too, so if you want to be assured on that--go see a doctor ASAP. Best. :)

• Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Do you want someone to tell you that it must be a tumor? You don't want to hear that you're over eating... So:

Yes, sounds like a tumor.

Just because I log 1500 calories in my diary does NOT mean I actually only ate 1500 calories- see? Your body counts calories even if you don't. Try lowering your calories by 100 or 200 for a few weeks and see of that helps. Wouldn't that be easier/better than the tumor?
  • bumblebee
    bumblebee Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Do you want someone to tell you that it must be a tumor? You don't want to hear that you're over eating... So:

Yes, sounds like a tumor.

Just because I log 1500 calories in my diary does NOT mean I actually only ate 1500 calories- see? Your body counts calories even if you don't. Try lowering your calories by 100 or 200 for a few weeks and see of that helps. Wouldn't that be easier/better than the tumor?

Well then that totally poo poos the accuracy of my fitness pal. If you look at my calories over the 2 week period it would actually be impossible to gain 7lbs, which would be the equivalent of eating 15,000 extra calories in that time. Based on my diary the obvious answer is that it is NOT food intake that has caused the weight gain. YOU, don't seem able to believe that. Ok so a tumour is extreme, but having asked similar questions on here before and being told categorically that one does NOT gain 7lbs of muscle unless one is weight lifting then my question still goes unanswered.
  • Maitria
    Maitria Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Maitria wrote: »
    I don't think (but I don't know) that a tumor can spontaneously appear in you weighing 6 lbs. Maybe one of the medical field users can tell us.

Your sodium is high. I love sodium, so I'm not criticizing you for it. I would try increasing your water intake and possibly throwing in a drink like Powerade Zero or something.

I don't think your question has gone unanswered, but you haven't responded to a lot of the posts. Fluid fluctuations can make a huge difference on the scale. Fluid fluctuations can be caused by sodium, hormones, increasing your exercise. I've gone over maintenance several days this week, last night in particular. I gained three pounds and expected the scale to be higher this morning. I did drink a lot of water yesterday, and to my surprise, the scale had lost all of the extra weight.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    OP have you said: how tall, how old, and what your goal weight is?
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Get blood work done to rule out negative health issues (thyroid, electrolytes, anomalies). If you get a clean bill of health, then take another look at your logging. Use a scale, track every macro and be diligent in logging. (I saw several skipped days.)

Only then can you make a better determination where you should go on your weight loss quest. :)