herbalife. ... my truth (pros/cons)

Options
There are many different opinions on whether herbalife works for people, but I think the results are based on commitment and habits. It is not a miracle product. It takes time and work just like anything else. Although, I have had great results from using the products I see the flaws of them and it took me months to finally agree to even trying them. 

Below is will show a small list of pros and cons, but keep in mind I'm not the typical case. I have hypothyroidism,  fibromyalgia,  and endometriosis so loosing weight and exercising where not going to happen. Well it is, I lost 28 pounds so far and am still going. I also workout 5 times a week because I want to be strong n not gym workout. I do HIIT in fit camp (which is FREE) I have more energy then ever, but it took a bit to get here. 

I will recommend the products to people but will also be truthful. On another note of this, it helps to have support or people who will help push you. Usually you can find people who coach others (my friend is mine) they are free due to they want the public to become healthy. I know weird and I thought this was bull. Well until I went to fit camp. Now I believe it. I highly recommend going to fit camp or looking for them in your area since they are all over. 

Pros:

Weight loss

Better health

Lower grocery bill

Higher energy level

For anyone even diabetics

Offer free fit camps and health coaches

Depending on how made taste wonderful

Fast and on the go

Cons:

Expensive

Has you most of the time making shakes instead of eating

Time

Dedication

Without exercise weight loss take a little longer maybe month

I guess it just depends. I'm willing to share more information or to invite people to try a free workout in the gr, mi area. This is just one persons opinion and since everyone is different it helps to read more or hear others stories.  

Replies

• Abstraktimus
    Abstraktimus Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Both lists are debatable;
    Pros
    -Weight loss? Is that really sustainable over a long period of time? Once you come off of Herbalife, what happens then?
    -How does it give you better health than eating nutrient full, protein rich foods?

Cons
    -Time? How? It's quicker than making a meal.
    - Dedication? You have to dedicate time when counting calories and eating at a defecit.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Real food is always best. You don't want to live on shakes for the rest of your life and be drinking your meals surely?
  • harderpa
    harderpa Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    There are people who've done it for 70 years! And I didn't say I never eat. I eat and I eat junk.
  • Abstraktimus
    Options
    harderpa wrote: »
    There are people who've done it for 70 years! And I didn't say I never eat. I eat and I eat junk.

Herbalife was founded in 1980.
  • mockchoc
    Options
    Wow 70 years? That sounds horrible sorry. Jail sounds better.
  • harderpa
    Options
    Pros
    -Weight loss? Is that really sustainable over a long period of time? Once you come off of Herbalife, what happens then?

I stopped it for a month and still lost weight because I ate healthier (meaning I do eat junk) and I have hypothyroidism. Also depends on the person and what they're doing. Herbalife is just the nutrition part.
    -How does it give you better health than eating nutrient full, protein rich foods?

Because that's a majority of what it is nutruents, pritein, fiber and so on. The products weren't made for weight loss years ago but to help people with poor health. I've seen people who had diabetes go from taping insulin to doing nothing, and others lose over 100 pounds. I like it more for nutrition because of energy and it helps relieve pain. Idk how but it does n it's magical to me. Weightloss is just a plus. Again it depends on the person.
    Cons
    It is Wicker but I like immediate results and just like everything else it takes time.
    - Dedication? You have to dedicate time when counting calories and eating at a defecit.
    Everything does take commitment and dedication, but if your not willing then don't try. That's how this works. N as for calorie counting I could live on junk by counting calories really and no one wants to do that forever. It's time consuming and still requires exercise and what not. Plus it doesn't help me feel any better, just weight loss which of I slip up comes right back.
    -

I just posted my opinion. N when you have a hard time losing weight and fought pain everyday I see something to be proud of, but there is always flaws.
  • harderpa
    Options

Herbalife was founded in 1980.

Ok excuse me. A 72 year old said he had done it his whole life. I'm typing from a phone. So excuse me.
  • Abstraktimus
    Options
    Pros

I stopped it for a month and still lost weight because I ate healthier (meaning I do eat junk) and I have hypothyroidism. Also depends on the person and what they're doing. Herbalife is just the nutrition part.

Because that's a majority of what it is nutruents, pritein, fiber and so on. The products weren't made for weight loss years ago but to help people with poor health. I've seen people who had diabetes go from taping insulin to doing nothing, and others lose over 100 pounds. I like it more for nutrition because of energy and it helps relieve pain. Idk how but it does n it's magical to me. Weightloss is just a plus. Again it depends on the person.
    Cons
    It is Wicker but I like immediate results and just like everything else it takes time.
    Everything does take commitment and dedication, but if your not willing then don't try. That's how this works. N as for calorie counting I could live on junk by counting calories really and no one wants to do that forever. It's time consuming and still requires exercise and what not. Plus it doesn't help me feel any better, just weight loss which of I slip up comes right back.
    -

I just posted my opinion. N when you have a hard time losing weight and fought pain everyday I see something to be proud of, but there is always flaws.

Congratulations on your loss! I'm not taking anything away from that, losing weight can be hard. But Herbalife isn't the reason you lost weight, eating less calories than you are required to burn daily is the result! If it works for you and you enjoy it, then fair play! Our opinions differ.
  • harderpa
    Options
    mockchoc wrote: »
    Wow 70 years? That sounds horrible sorry. Jail sounds better.

No one said you had to. N that's your opinion. It's fine. N that's how I feel about counting calories.
  • SianLouise185
    Options
    Although i wouldnt want to drink my food for 70 years, some people would, and yes Herbal life may have been founded in the 80's there have been meal replacement drinks for decades.

I now firmly belive that eating healthy foods is the better way to go, but her pros and cons list are truthful. I have tried the product myself.

If done correctly Herbal life can be a very substainable way to lose weight, its whole point is to crack peoples addicitions and then ease pepople back into a healthy lifestyle. It takes away the urge to shove whatever you want down your throat and instead makes way for healthier choices. They are not designed to live off but as i said if done correctly they can be a very good way to go, although i do agree they are expensive.

Lastly they are full of nutrients but maybe not as good as eating fresh fruit or veg, but if taken with Herbal lifes vitamins range they can be even better, herbal life is not just a shake they have a huge variety of products.
  • mockchoc
    Options
    I wouldn't believe someone that said they did it their whole life. You think their mother fed them that from when they are a kid? I hope not. Very happy it worked for you, just don't get sucked into a pyramid scheme. Never usually a good idea.
  • SianLouise185
    Options
    HerbalLife is the reason she lost weight, it taught her how to make better choices on a healthy plan and then eased her back into, Its not ALL about the deficit she was at, sure i could eat less calories but whats the point if i dont know how to control myself around food? Its about breaking the habits too. Each to there own, way to go on your weight loss!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Pro: lower grocery bill
    Con: expensive
    so, it's not food?

And no, no one has done it for 70 years.
    No, it doesn't "crack additions".

Use it if you want. I think it's expensive snake oil with ONE goal: making a (very) few people rich on the backs of millions.
  • harderpa
    Options
    I don't sell the products I just use them. N again is my opinion, if your looking for a debate I'm not the person. For I'm only a consumer proud of my results
  • SianLouise185
    SianLouise185 Posts: 77
    edited December 2014
    Options
    quote="Sabine_Stroehm;30460035"]Pro: lower grocery bill
    so, it's not food?

Use it if you want. I think it's expensive snake oil with ONE goal: making a (very) few people rich on the backs of millions. [/quote]

It does teach you how to break your bad habits and over come your addictions, have you tried it? how do you know?
  • harderpa
    Options
    Pros

Cons
    -

Congratulations on your loss! I'm not taking anything away from that, losing weight can be hard. But Herbalife isn't the reason you lost weight, eating less calories than you are required to burn daily is the result! If it works for you and you enjoy it, then fair play! Our opinions differ.

Thank you, and they do. I guess I'm happy because I don't count calories and the nutrient aspect helps my over all health.
  • harderpa
    Options
    Although i wouldnt want to drink my food for 70 years, some people would, and yes Herbal life may have been founded in the 80's there have been meal replacement drinks for decades.

I now firmly belive that eating healthy foods is the better way to go, but her pros and cons list are truthful. I have tried the product myself.

If done correctly Herbal life can be a very substainable way to lose weight, its whole point is to crack peoples addicitions and then ease pepople back into a healthy lifestyle. It takes away the urge to shove whatever you want down your throat and instead makes way for healthier choices. They are not designed to live off but as i said if done correctly they can be a very good way to go, although i do agree they are expensive.

Lastly they are full of nutrients but maybe not as good as eating fresh fruit or veg, but if taken with Herbal lifes vitamins range they can be even better, herbal life is not just a shake they have a huge variety of products.

Thank you. N honestly I am not good with habit on them at all but am learning slowly. I still eat what I want just making healthier choices.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    quote="Sabine_Stroehm;30460035"]Pro: lower grocery bill
    so, it's not food?

Use it if you want. I think it's expensive snake oil with ONE goal: making a (very) few people rich on the backs of millions.

It does teach you how to break your bad habits and over come your addictions, have you tried it? how do you know?[/quote]

I don't need to use it. And by addictions, you mean: heroin? Cocaine? Those are things one can be addicted to. Or do you mean the overindulgence in junk food? How would junk food teach you not to overindulge in junk food?

Ps: I've watched several good friends go down the herbalife rabbit hole (if I can invoke that image now lol). No thanks. But if YOU want to make someone else rich doing something totally unnecessary, by all means, go for it.
  • SianLouise185
    Options
    Way to go you :)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Options
    One last thing, OP. They don't do ANYTHING simply because they "want the public to become healthy". It's sad that's not true, but more sad that you THINK it's true.