Replies

• goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Lol @ "food addictions"

Lol at uneducated people.

Show me your results... then I can take you seriously.

Wait, hold on? Isn't that why people are here.. to get results? Regardless of what people say or do, you shouldn't be putting anyone down for their opinions. If everyone had the same opinion, it would make the world a *kitten* place but taking the piss out of someone for having an opinion that differs from yours is a bit juvenile.

Question.. If someone suffers/suffered with bulimia, annorexia or any other eating disorder would you say lol @ "binging and purging" ??

You can absolutely have an opinion on this website.

As long as it matches those around.
  • SianLouise185
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Lol @ "food addictions"

Lol at uneducated people.
    Lol at not accepting personal responsibility.

Same goes for your addicitons then right? you obviously think it was a choice, you could have stopped anytime but you chose to carry on? you wanted to go to rehab right?

Moron.

Awwww how cute. Calling me a moron. Someone's mad that their bs gets called out.

You say you battled addicitons but you think drugs are the only addiction you can have, id say thats bs right there.
  • goddessofawesome
    Options
    BrettPGH_ wrote: »
    and since when are there rules on freedom of speech? Ironic.

Sigh.

Freedom of speech means the government can't suppress speech. It doesn't mean that random websites have to let anyone post anything they want. That's why they have their own terms of service and rules. You should read them. You've violated them a few times in this thread alone. Her post has 9 flags at the moment. A moderator is gonna review it and most likely delete it.

Also that's not irony.

Sigh

My Fitness pal is a get fit website, nowhere in the terms of use does it say someone can't have a discussion about herbal life, Again theres hundreds of threads on this. I edited it to contradiction so get out of your *kitten*.

No. It isn't a "get fit" website. It's for calorie counting. There's no denying that. That is it's function. And advertising/promoting products is definitely against the terms of service. There's even a special option to report spam like this. And again, your own posts violate the TOS, so you probably need to read them more carefully.

I think it's both. Yes, it's mainly a calorie counting website in a way though it's also a "get fit" website. How many forum posts are out there asking about exercise, what to do, how to do it, etc. because they want to "get fit" and need a place to start?

• SianLouise185
    Options

Sigh.

Freedom of speech means the government can't suppress speech. It doesn't mean that random websites have to let anyone post anything they want. That's why they have their own terms of service and rules. You should read them. You've violated them a few times in this thread alone. Her post has 9 flags at the moment. A moderator is gonna review it and most likely delete it.

Also that's not irony.

Sigh

My Fitness pal is a get fit website, nowhere in the terms of use does it say someone can't have a discussion about herbal life, Again theres hundreds of threads on this. I edited it to contradiction so get out of your *kitten*.

No. It isn't a "get fit" website. It's for calorie counting. There's no denying that. That is it's function. And advertising/promoting products is definitely against the terms of service. There's even a special option to report spam like this. And again, your own posts violate the TOS, so you probably need to read them more carefully.

It allows you to track calories and exercise, its called my FITNESS pal.
    She wasnt advertising, people had been asking about it so she wrote a pros and cons thread.
    Yes im going to flag things i dont agree with, i think you try to take the importance of addiction away from people, drugs, food, alcahol.. there all someones personal battle regardless of what you say.
  • Abstraktimus
    Abstraktimus Posts: 213 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options

Sigh.

Also that's not irony.

Sigh

Take down the what whey, supplement, workout program do you use threads!
  • SianLouise185
    SianLouise185 Posts: 77
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Agreed, bet he thinks its fine to promote those though? He should probably check the t&c's again.
  • GingerbreadCandy
    GingerbreadCandy Posts: 403 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Food is one of the biggest addicitons on this planet, it is like a drug to some people.
    The point of Herbal life is to take that away from someone completely, althought there are plans where meals are included, sure its expensive and sure eating is the better way but for some people who struggle to much to do it that way this may be the better option in the long run for them. If your not interested in trying it then dont come here and bash someones plan to give it ago, I know how frustrating it can be to lose weight, people will do anything, yes this may just be a money maker but if its working for her then leave her be! No doubt she's heard it all before, she knows its not all roses hence why she included a cons list, and Daniel thos ingredients are no longer in Herballife although yes your right they once where, you can stop stalking google for pointless information now.

Is food addiction a clinically diagnosed problem?

Is it a drug? Have you every been addicted to drugs? Do you know what it feels like to be a drug addict?

It is under serious consideration:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4179181/
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23332551/

I am not sure in what way the other three questions are relevant.
  • SianLouise185
    Options

Sigh.

Also that's not irony.

Sigh

I think it's both. Yes, it's mainly a calorie counting website in a way though it's also a "get fit" website. How many forum posts are out there asking about exercise, what to do, how to do it, etc. because they want to "get fit" and need a place to start?

Exercise burns calories. The site is designed so that can be logged as well. And yes, there are a number of threads not specifically related to calories. There's a whole sub-forum just for jagging around.

But the function of the site and the app are designed around logging calories. Without that this all goes away.

And when you log into a calorie counting site, to say calorie counting doesn't work but hey try these shakes that worked for me and let me invite you to join me at some workouts I do...that's spam. And nobody needs that.

No she said calorie counting doesn't work for HER.
  • goddessofawesome
    Options

Sigh.

Also that's not irony.

Sigh

Exercise burns calories. The site is designed so that can be logged as well. And yes, there are a number of threads not specifically related to calories. There's a whole sub-forum just for jagging around.

But the function of the site and the app are designed around logging calories. Without that this all goes away.

And when you log into a calorie counting site, to say calorie counting doesn't work but hey try these shakes that worked for me and let me invite you to join me at some workouts I do...that's spam. And nobody needs that.

So don't read it or flag it and move on.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    and since when are there rules on freedom of speech? its a contradiction in its self.
    Time to read up on "freedom of speech" as you haven't a clue what it means.
  • SianLouise185
    Options
    and since when are there rules on freedom of speech? its a contradiction in its self.

Yes i do. Stop taking things so literally, i said earlier and i'll say again its 2014 if someone wants to post a thread about herbal life they will, nowhere in the terms and conditions does it say you cant. People can say whatever they want, if you wanted to try something that you believed would help you id say go for it, But no you have people on here who just want to be 'fitness police' if you dont like it dont read it, stop ruining it for everyone else.
  • SianLouise185
    SianLouise185 Posts: 77
    edited December 2014
    Options

Sigh.

Also that's not irony.

Sigh

I prefer to make sure that anyone who might be reading a thread like this gets the facts, so they don't get suckered into a sales pitch. Otherwise people might not know that Herbalife is a pyramid scheme that's been investigated by the government. And her claims of people taking it for 70 years would go unchallenged.

Anyone who doesn't like being told that they're wrong probably shouldn't make false claims.

You didnt give any useful information though? you stated YOUR opinion and the began arguing everyone elses opinion, she already stated a pros and cons list, besides id like to think people who are going to consider herbal life would do abit more research than just this thread.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Yes i do. Stop taking things so literally, i said earlier and i'll say again its 2014 if someone wants to post a thread about herbal life they will, nowhere in the terms and conditions does it say you cant. People can say whatever they want, if you wanted to try something that you believed would help you id say go for it, But no you have people on here who just want to be 'fitness police' if you dont like it dont read it, stop ruining it for everyone else.
    Yup. Nary a clue.
    I'm not "ruining it for everyone" btw. Just stating my opinion. It IS 2014 after all. The year of the opinion apparently.
    Now that you've googled freedom of speech, Google "multi level marketing".

As for the "free classes" y'all refer to: do you truly think THEY think there's nothing in it for them? Why does lulu lemon offer yoga classes?
  • goddessofawesome
    Options

Sigh.

Also that's not irony.

Sigh

I prefer to make sure that anyone who might be reading a thread like this gets the facts, so they don't get suckered into a sales pitch. Otherwise people might not know that Herbalife is a pyramid scheme that's been investigated by the government. And her claims of people taking it for 70 years would go unchallenged.

Anyone who doesn't like being told that they're wrong probably shouldn't make false claims.

Fine but if someone is on here reading all these posts and decides NOT to do their own research and hop on the bandwagon then that's their choice (even if they do their own research and still feel it's the way they want to go it's still their choice).

And false claims? Is it a false claim if I try something that absolutely worked well for me but in other people it didn't? Just because something might not work for some people doesn't mean it doesn't work for everyone. (I'm not debating the fact that the herbalife or any diet pill company lies. I'm pointing out the fact that it seems like if something works for one person for whatever reason but not 5 others because those 5 others may not have done the diet/exercise/what have you exactly as they should have then it's immediately a "false claim").
  • SianLouise185
    Options

Yup. Nary a clue.
    I'm not "ruining it for everyone" btw. Just stating my opinion. It IS 2014 after all. The year of the opinion apparently.
    Now that you've googled freedom of speech, Google "multi level marketing".

As for the "free classes" y'all refer to: do you truly think THEY think there's nothing in it for them? Why does lulu lemon offer yoga classes?

You get your little boost from putting people down, i wouldn't say its quite the year of the opinion, maybe google that?

Of'course they gain something from it, doesn't stop it being free though.