herbalife. ... my truth (pros/cons)

Options

Replies

• Abstraktimus
    Abstraktimus Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    The ingredients included in Herbalife aren't good for you at all. It's false representation of good health. It's expensive and if you want the full benefit, you have to spend over the odds for supplements which aren't included in the 'balanced meal' shakes. You could spend a lot less, at a shop and get more natural nutrients and vitamins from food. From expierence, people who use Herbalife; put the weight back on so it doesn't do a good job at taking the food addiction route away. The only thing that will help is educating people on the risks and severity on certain foods and how moderation is important. Supplementing food for shakes isn't the way.

Herbalife say their shakes are balanced meals with essential vitamins, minrals and nutrients. But doesn't mention the toxins it contains like carragenan which is proven to destroy human cells. The side effects aswell; headaches, cramps etc.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    There is probably more nutrients in real food and you can't be scammed. Once again though happy it worked for you. I just cannot put my faith in a powdered product that I can't be sure really has what it claims when fruit, veggies, meat, dairy etc are going to be better bang for my buck for sure. Guess we all do what it takes though.
  • harderpa
    harderpa Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I don't think I can get sticked into anything if I'm only a consumer and don't sell it. I enjoy much more then you'd know, and I really don't have the best commitment to it as I should, I mean as time goes on I get better but I still see results and shock my doctors. That's all that matters. I think unless you try it you don't know and counting calories didn't do anything for me but cause me to feel hungry and tired. We are all different. No one said everyone will love it.

Oh and as for children I my toddler drinks it sporadically. No I don't substitute meals or do the same routine I do but he gets it sometimes. They sell it for kids too. N by the way my son has never been sick or had a diaper rash not once in his life. I blame it on veggies n fruits and subjecting him to things early but also good nutrition.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    This says that carageenan is prohibited in infants food/drinks in the EU so I'd think twice before giving him anymore. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrageenan
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Im just posting to see all the science that will be posted here very soon
  • SianLouise185
    Options
    Food is one of the biggest addicitons on this planet, it is like a drug to some people.
    The point of Herbal life is to take that away from someone completely, althought there are plans where meals are included, sure its expensive and sure eating is the better way but for some people who struggle to much to do it that way this may be the better option in the long run for them. If your not interested in trying it then dont come here and bash someones plan to give it ago, I know how frustrating it can be to lose weight, people will do anything, yes this may just be a money maker but if its working for her then leave her be! No doubt she's heard it all before, she knows its not all roses hence why she included a cons list, and Daniel thos ingredients are no longer in Herballife although yes your right they once where, you can stop stalking google for pointless information now.
  • harderpa
    Options
    I
    One last thing, OP. They don't do ANYTHING simply because they "want the public to become healthy". It's sad that's not true, but more sad that you THINK it's true.

Believe our think it because I workout for free and is worth it n I don't pay a dime. My friends even go and don't even use herbalife. You don't need to do it to go.
  • Abstraktimus
    Options
    Food is one of the biggest addicitons on this planet, it is like a drug to some people.
    The point of Herbal life is to take that away from someone completely, althought there are plans where meals are included, sure its expensive and sure eating is the better way but for some people who struggle to much to do it that way this may be the better option in the long run for them. If your not interested in trying it then dont come here and bash someones plan to give it ago, I know how frustrating it can be to lose weight, people will do anything, yes this may just be a money maker but if its working for her then leave her be! No doubt she's heard it all before, she knows its not all roses hence why she included a cons list, and Daniel thos ingredients are no longer in Herballife although yes your right they once where, you can stop stalking google for pointless information now.

toplel 10/10 would read again x
  • Abstraktimus
    edited December 2014
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

Is food addiction a clinically diagnosed problem?

Is it a drug? Have you every been addicted to drugs? Do you know what it feels like to be a drug addict?

Addiction is a diagnosed problem, a person can become addicted to anything. Just because the public awareness isn't as high as Alcohol, drugs or gambling etc. doesn't mean it's not a problem.
  • SianLouise185
    Options

Is it a drug? Have you every been addicted to drugs? Do you know what it feels like to be a drug addict?

Yes it is a clinically diagnosed problem, Its one of the biggest medical cost to the NHS, And yes i do, and it was eaier to beat that than it was to beat my problem with food.
  • Abstraktimus
    Options

Addiction is a diagnosed problem, a person can become addicted to anything. Just because the public awareness isn't as high as Alcohol, drugs or gambling etc. doesn't mean it's not a problem.

You believe people are addicted to food? Or do they have a problem with self control?

I believe people can become addicted to anything. I don't think the boundaries of addiction are restricted. Does an alcoholic, smoker or drug-user have a problem with self control?
  • harderpa
    Options
    It's interesting what people's opinions are and I Google it. I see a lot of bad and a lot of good, but that's life and I'm experiencing things for myself because that's what people do.

I keep hearing about eating right, and I am. However the things I can eat are not like yours die to health issues so I'm more limited. I did n do take your bias Google searches into account n look them up and it makes me think but I can't change the progress I've gained already. So I stick to my opinion.
  • SianLouise185
    Options

You believe people are addicted to food? Or do they have a problem with self control?

I believe people can become addicted to anything. I don't think the boundaries of addiction are restricted. Does an alcoholic, smoker or drug-user have a problem with self control?
    Yes I think it's an issue with drug addicts and self control. That lack of self control leads to abuse and eventually mental and physical addiction. Just like it did with me when I was addicted for years.

For someone who knows what addiction is, or claims to, i find it strange that you think it is limited to just drugs.
  • Abstraktimus
    edited December 2014
    Options

Yes I think it's an issue with drug addicts and self control. That lack of self control leads to abuse and eventually mental and physical addiction. Just like it did with me when I was addicted for years.

But wouldn't you say they are also addicted, which then leads to their lack of self control? If addiction is the problem, lack of self control a symptom.
  • SianLouise185
    Options

For someone who knows what addiction is, or claims to, i find it strange that you think it is limited to just drugs.

It's not surprising that someone who has never been addicted to drugs thinks that it is such a valid comparison to put drugs against food. And no, I don't claim to know, I know. I don't put my past addiction problems in the forum for sympathy. Sympathy from a bunch of strangers is the last thing I need. 28 days in patient rehab (worse time of my life), 3 months of out patient and tons of NA meeting listening to the most depressing people in the world.

But wouldn't you say they are also addicted, which then leads to their lack of self control? If addiction is the problem, lack of self control a symptom.

Honestly, no I wouldn't. It's a topic that will no time soon have a consensus. People can feel free to think food addiction is real but where I feel they don't get reality is when they start comparing it to drugs based on something they heard with no experience for themselves.

I clearly said to you before i have had an addiction myself and in the long run ive found it easier to over come that than i have with my battle with food. No ones mentioned sympathy here...