20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    So I have done zumba today as well as some house cleaning and did a bunch of gardening went to the store abd got still then put it into my mom's raised beds with her. lots of may have a littLe treat tonight.
    Tomorrow I have a rehearsal and a few ceremonies with my fraternity. going to be lugging things around standing sitting abd walking. not sure how to track that but we're going out to celebrate afterwards so I think I'll even out as long as I still don't go overboard on the did at the restaurant cause they can be evil with their nutrition sometimes. But I probably won't be on tomorrow so I'll see you all again on Monday :)
    Weather is suppose to get bad so I hope my Monday pilates and zumba classes aren't cancelled again cause they were last week but we shall see :) happy losing!
  • eileenjez
    eileenjez Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Well I'm another one with the one pound gain. I don't worry about it cause I know from past experience that it's up one day and down the next. We're supposed to be waking up to a -24 tomorrow and wind chill -35. I don't think I'll be going anywhere.
  • msjohnson426
    msjohnson426 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    rayw89 wrote: »
    I weigh in every morning, and despite coming in under my calorie allowance and going to the gym like normal yesterday, the scale went up a pound. TMI but I think it might have been due to slight constipation, which can make a big difference when it comes to weight btw.
    I've started getting sick over the last couple of days, but I'm still following my calorie plan and shivering to the gym in multiple layers and scarves. I'm not too bummed over the 1 pound difference, as long as I'm in the 160's by Monday I'll be thrilled!

I signed up for college today(woo!) and I'm determined to maintain my calorie cap and exercise every day, even when I get busy with school starting in March. This year is going to be a year of success on many levels. :)

I am suffering from constipation as well. It has me up one pound
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good morning, challengers! Happy Sunday!

I'm just peeking in a minute before going to church. I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday. I'll check back later.

Stay strong!
    Connie
  • Childers39
    Childers39 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Anyone want to join me. ? I been a member here on MFP for 6 years and Have not been able to lose any weight. But stumble on this ONe One One diet and been following it for going on 3 weeks Its working for me at long last. my goal is to lose 20 lbs. by Easter. I have lost 6.8 in the first 3 weeks
    Currant weight 197
    Beginning weight 203.8
    Total lost 6.8

See 'ya

• Childers39
    Childers39 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm childers39.....I love your idea!! I too can't seem to lose but I haven't gave up!! I'm losing inches but can't seem to shake that scale!! Any suggestions.... I'm thinking I need more protein.... I'm still eating bread and yogurts like everyday I think that's the hinderence!! Help!!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Just waking up. Waiting for the blast of winter coming our way Our first real spell this season . Can't wait Tomorrow will be a definte day to stay home So I hear from the news.Stayed warm
    Marie

813278h0z8hbmuoo.gif

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Childers-I know the scale is very frustrating, when not losing, glad you havent given up. Bread and yogurt are fine, if your staying within calorie limit and carb macros. Cut down on bread to change it up, eat more protein if your lacking in it. Try something different, if what your doing isnt working. Good luck this week. More salads?
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Just waking up. Waiting for the blast of winter coming our way Our first real spell this season . Can't wait Tomorrow will be a definte day to stay home So I hear from the news.Stayed warm
    Marie

813278h0z8hbmuoo.gif

Marie.. Are you in the ice/snow area that is predicted in Texas?
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    yes we are Connie We are on the border of Dallas.. Susrpose to hit late today and throughout the night. Alice was coming out today but change her mind, Let it SNOW But really all we will get is just ice sleet . frizzing rain. But mother nature may fool us., my job is to stayed out of the kitchen as much as possible.Makes me want to bake something.

my breakfast was cottage cheese and fresh sliced strawberries. coffee.

I will cook Jerry some chicken and dumplings his favorite cold weather meal. am going to have pizza out of my gluten free English muffin. They are really good. tonight a smoothie it maybe a hot smoothie.

Stay warm folks
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I am suffering from constipation as well. It has me up one pound
    Senna capsules are really good for relieving it.
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    CALIECAT your strength is amazing for not eating those dumplings! :)
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Just checking in to say hello to everyone. It's a day you want to stay inside. We did get out to go to church but
    it is raining and getting colder. I think we are going to have some ice and whatever tomorrow and Tuesday. Please
    hurry up spring enough of this yucky weather.
    Nancy
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    We made it to our Friday ni f2f
    I am suffersupplements alsoation as well. It has me up one pound
    Senna capsules are really good for relieving it.

You can also try adding a tbsp of ground flax seed to a dish or two every day. You can get the flax in the natural food section of the grocery store. Ground is absorbed better than whole, and it has no flavor, but it does have some calories so be sure to log it.... I also use the senna on occasion. Both have been recommended by my MD, and also by my mom's in a completely different city... The flax for everyday and the senna for occasional use although it's also a natural vegetable based supplement :) Good luck!
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Stay warm and safe everyone.. Our weather is totally crazy right now! It's supposed to be 55 and sunny today, and down to 29 tonight? Our poor bulbs don't know if it's winter still or early spring LOL
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    We done drop down to 39 so it is dropping on down. Rain water is flowing on down. the street.
    Marie
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I won't have any trouble keeping my calories down today. A coworker of my husband's gave him two bags of pig's feet. Never made them in my life, but wanted them out of the freezer! Found a recipe online and made them today. Bleh. I wouldn't go near them. He loved them, but I could barely look at them as edible. The fragrance was a bit overwhelming too. My appetite is definitely on hold until I get the smell out of my nose. LOL!

It's a gorgeous sunny day here with temps in the 40s after 3" of snow yesterday. What a difference a day makes.

Marie, and everyone else experiencing winter storms, stay safe!

Becky in MD
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited, I reached my weekend/Monday weight goal! I broke into the 160's at 169.4, yay!

Congrats to everyone else whose dropped those weekend lbs.!

Congrats on breaking into the 160's!!
  • cristina0000
    Options
    Good morning, challengers! Happy Saturday!
    Belinda, I hope there was good news for your brother.

Congrats to all weekend losers! It's going to be fun totaling our loses in just a few weeks. April 6th is on the horizon. Whether we each lose 20 pounds or not, we have adopted some fabulous, healthy habits in the few months we logged our food and moved our bodies!

Let's also keep in mind that it is impossible to gain a pound of fat overnight. That pound is just a normal, fluctuation of water. I have been up and down every day this week. (in the past this would have been a reason to binge)
    Today, I'm up 1.2. My calories remained in line all week, I drank lots of water, and I exercised 300+ minutes. Today and tomorrow are rest/recovery days, and these rest days are what is needed to make the evil scale >:) reflect the truth.

Even so, there are wrinkles in the legs of my once-too-snug jeans and since my bras feel soooo much better, I am confident I am on the right track! ;)

Have a great Saturday, everyone!
    Stay Strong!

Connie

I love your inspiring words....hope you had a great weekend!
  • cristina0000
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Sunnyfarm wrote: »
    Belinda I am praying for your family.

Congratulations Cristina I'm looking forward to joining you in the 160's

Well no weight loss this Friday, but I have noticed a patter of no weight loss on one Friday and by the time I get to the next Friday a 2 lb weight loss. Anyway I'm proud that I made my exercise goal. Four days so far and I will get on the treadmill tonight after I pick my son up from basketball practice. I also did very well with drink 8 glasses of water each day.

My goal for next week is to add a 15 minute abdominal workout to my current 5 day exercise regimen. I'm also going to look into the 1:1:1 way of eating because I'm not getting enough protien.

SW 181
    CW 171.4
    GW 160

Thank you! I'm sure you will get to your goal soon.

I started watching what I eat and exercising more (also started taking some supplements and drinking green tea) and finally after years of carrying this extra weight Im down 2 dress sizes, 21 lbs and 8 inches on my waist. All since the beginning of December!