20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Marie - We are just going for a week. I will miss you too. Keep going and see you soon.
    -
    Shirley
  • hjzstelzer
    Options
    :D hello its Friday!
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

Gretchen Rubin, the author of several great books including "The Happiness Project" wrote this list of loopholes that people invoke to justify getting off the path to what they want.

The ten — yes, ten — categories of loopholes are:

1. False choice loophole – “I can’t do this, because I’m so busy doing that” – this is one I often use, myself

2. Moral licensing loophole — “I’ve been so good, it’s okay for me to do this”

3. Tomorrow loophole — “It’s okay to skip today, because I’m going to do this tomorrow”

4. Lack of control loophole — “I can’t help myself”

5. Planning to fail loophole, formerly known as the “Apparently irrelevant decision loophole”

6. “This doesn’t count” loophole – “I’m on vacation” “I’m sick” “It’s the weekend”

7. Questionable assumption loophole — “the label says it’s healthy”

8. Concern for others loophole — “I can’t do this because it might make other people uncomfortable”

9. Fake self-actualization loophole – “You only live once! Embrace the moment!”

10. One-coin loophole –“What difference does it make if I break my habit this one time?”

Yep 2,6,9 and 10 things I won't use again. Even if it is a holiday or special weekend I will log my food. I am not on an special diet plan. (The vegetarian thing was just for 21 days at the beginning of the year) but I realize I always have to know what I am putting in my mouth.
  • Sunnyfarm
    Sunnyfarm Posts: 111 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Belinda I am praying for your family.

Congratulations Cristina I'm looking forward to joining you in the 160's

Well no weight loss this Friday, but I have noticed a patter of no weight loss on one Friday and by the time I get to the next Friday a 2 lb weight loss. Anyway I'm proud that I made my exercise goal. Four days so far and I will get on the treadmill tonight after I pick my son up from basketball practice. I also did very well with drink 8 glasses of water each day.

My goal for next week is to add a 15 minute abdominal workout to my current 5 day exercise regimen. I'm also going to look into the 1:1:1 way of eating because I'm not getting enough protien.

SW 181
    CW 171.4
    GW 160
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Belinda, my thoughts are with you and your family.
  • rayw89
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, and despite coming in under my calorie allowance and going to the gym like normal yesterday, the scale went up a pound. TMI but I think it might have been due to slight constipation, which can make a big difference when it comes to weight btw.
    I've started getting sick over the last couple of days, but I'm still following my calorie plan and shivering to the gym in multiple layers and scarves. I'm not too bummed over the 1 pound difference, as long as I'm in the 160's by Monday I'll be thrilled!

I signed up for college today(woo!) and I'm determined to maintain my calorie cap and exercise every day, even when I get busy with school starting in March. This year is going to be a year of success on many levels. :)
  • rayw89
    Options
    After we finish this Easter challenge, we will begin another one that will be our 20 pounds by the 4th of July!

Connie
    Yes! I'm excited!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Rayiw I love your little Kitty. so cute

marie
  • tenpets
    tenpets Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday, everyone! Sorry I'm the one day a week poster, but I do read as many of your wonderful posts as I can.
    I finally broke through to the 170s, not by much, but I am in them!

SW: 186
    CW: 179.7
    Challenge GW: (with 6 weeks left) 173

A 13 lb loss would be wonderful. Then, I can focus on the next challenge and with the warmer spring weather coming by then, I'll be able to get outside to walk again. That will make a big difference in the rate at which I lose weight.

Have a great weekend and week ahead! Stay warm, too.

Becky in Maryland
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Good morning I see some loses here again today. And for that one lb. Becky it will be gone tomorrow. Just don't fret about it. If you don't let it bother it will get mad and leave. lol.
    Take care all and just because it's sat. it's not a reason to slack off.

see you all lighter
    Linda in a little milder situation in Northern Ontario
  • Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good morning fellow losers!
    It's Saturday, which means morning zumba! Super excited to get my hips moving and jam with some wonderful ladies. Been feeling a little slacky lately in the types of foods I'm eating. still trying to get lots of protein but it's starting to come in the form of a corn dog rather than shrimp. So I'm going to try and look that this week. It happens. I guess I was just craving done old familiar foods.

Shirley - the Probiotic I take is metabiotic.

Congrats on all the weight loss. that one lb gain is probably just water weight or something. it'll go away pretty quickly.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Good morning, challengers! Happy Saturday!
    Belinda, I hope there was good news for your brother.

Congrats to all weekend losers! It's going to be fun totaling our loses in just a few weeks. April 6th is on the horizon. Whether we each lose 20 pounds or not, we have adopted some fabulous, healthy habits in the few months we logged our food and moved our bodies!

Let's also keep in mind that it is impossible to gain a pound of fat overnight. That pound is just a normal, fluctuation of water. I have been up and down every day this week. (in the past this would have been a reason to binge)
    Today, I'm up 1.2. My calories remained in line all week, I drank lots of water, and I exercised 300+ minutes. Today and tomorrow are rest/recovery days, and these rest days are what is needed to make the evil scale >:) reflect the truth.

Even so, there are wrinkles in the legs of my once-too-snug jeans and since my bras feel soooo much better, I am confident I am on the right track! ;)

Have a great Saturday, everyone!
    Stay Strong!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    “A diet is the penalty we pay for exceeding the feed limit.” ~Unknown
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Becky always good to hear from you . yay on breaking the 170 mark. next you will break the 160 mark Are any of the nurses in training . overweight? probable so for it hits all ways of life. See you next week dear.
    marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
    Weird weather in MS, ice on roads early yesterday,
    70 today with windy conditions and back to freezing
    tomorrow.
    Nancy
  • rayw89
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Rayiw I love your little Kitty. so cute

marie

Thank you! I'm a big Hello Kitty/cat fan. :)
  • rayw89
    Options
    I'm so excited, I reached my weekend/Monday weight goal! I broke into the 160's at 169.4, yay!

Congrats to everyone else whose dropped those weekend lbs.!
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    “A diet is the penalty we pay for exceeding the feed limit.” ~Unknown

Marie, I love that quote!!!
  • tenpets
    Options
    Good morning I see some loses here again today. And for that one lb. Becky it will be gone tomorrow. Just don't fret about it. If you don't let it bother it will get mad and leave. lol.
    Take care all and just because it's sat. it's not a reason to slack off.

see you all lighter
    Linda in a little milder situation in Northern Ontario
    Thanks, Linda! No slacking here. :-) I hope you have a great week.
  • tenpets
    Options
    Becky always good to hear from you . yay on breaking the 170 mark. next you will break the 160 mark Are any of the nurses in training . overweight? probable so for it hits all ways of life. See you next week dear.
    marie

Marie, You are correct. Issues with weight hit all types of folks. Yes, there are many nursing students with excess weight, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and who smoke. It's our opportunity to teach them about good health so they can teach their patients one day! Blessed to be in that position. <3

Becky