20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Good morning, challengers and welcome NEW people! We are certainly glad to have you join us. After we finish this Easter challenge, we will begin another one that will be our 20 pounds by the 4th of July!

Ray, Faye, and Shirley.. I am in full agreement: the scales are evil! For me, that is the reason why I have quit so many times before.

Gym day..personal training and Aquazumba!

The sun is already out B), but the temp is a low of 12 which sets a record for us. That's okay..a heavy coat, a scarf, and hat coupled with a warm car is the answer to that.

Happy Friday!
    Have a great day, everyone.
    Stay Strong! <3

Connie
  • beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone. It's -11 actual temp right now, and I have a sad day ahead of me, taking my brother to University of Michigan Hospital for evaluation for palliative radiation. He has terminal cancer, but they think they may be able to shrink one of his tumors that is causing so much pain. Prayers most fervently accepted that they can give him a little more time.

I hope you all have a wonderful day - you are great support to me!

Belinda
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    beszmytke wrote: »
    Good morning, everyone. It's -11 actual temp right now, and I have a sad day ahead of me, taking my brother to University of Michigan Hospital for evaluation for palliative radiation. He has terminal cancer, but they think they may be able to shrink one of his tumors that is causing so much pain. Prayers most fervently accepted that they can give him a little more time.

Belinda

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Belinda so sorry to hear that. prayers for you and your family Bless you
    marie
  • ginzetta
    Options
    Belinda - I'm sorry to hear that. I will keep you and your brother in my prayers.

I have not read all 73 pages of posts, but what I have read is inspirational. Thank you all for that.

And I'm really impressed with all of you on the frozen tundra who are plugging along in spite of record low temperatures. Don't worry. Spring always arrives just in time.

I am joining this challenge. I don't know my weight in December. I stopped looking. I think I was around 200. I started paying attention again after I received a Fitbit for Christmas, and joined here in January.

SW - 191.2 (1/11/15)
    CW - 182.4
    GW - 171.2 (for this challenge)

I'm 5'8". My current goal weight is 165. When I get there I will set a new goal based on how I feel and look at that weight.

What day are weigh-ins?

I'm excited!

Gina
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all back i'm sorry but it will take out of my exercise time if I do. I'm due downstairs soon.
    Well went to tops on Wed. night and i'm up a wee bit .2 of a lb. that is already gone according to the wii. started at 210 now 208 not much progress at all. But it's not a gain.

Belinda
    So sorry to hear that about your brother.
    Hope they can relieve the pain. Take care.

See you all Lighter.
    Linda in freezing Northern Ontario
  • cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My scale keeps going up and down as well but I just keep trying to do the right thing anyway. Sometimes its my fault that it went it up (craving certain things) and others its not. But don't let it keep you from getting to your goal!!
  • cristina0000
    Options
    GREAT job Ruthie and Cristina!!! Correct me if I am wrong, but I think Cristina is the first to reach 20 lbs on the challenge :D.

Have fun on your travels this coming week Shirley and Ruthie. Where in the states are you heading Ruthie?

Another lovely day in the Pacific NW! Unseasonably warm and I'm seeing bulbs popping up and my neighbors dogwood is full of pink flowers!

Hope you all are having a terrific Thursday <3

Thank you!
  • Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Man I miss a day and a half and the forum explodes!

Shirley - one of the brands my doctor recommended was Align. But I switched to a different brand that was cheaper and had the times as many bacteria in it. It's essentially the stuff that's in yogurtfor digestion and weight loss but apparently to get the benefits of what they claim you have to eat like 2 or 3 yogurts a day. That is too much for me so I just take this concentrated form. I don't remember what brand I Ann currently on but it was right next to the Align and I think the box has people and green on it. I will let you know later when I take it :)

Happy belated birthday to those I missed and congrats to all of our losers! So exciting!

Belinda - happy thoughts to you and your brother.

Everyone stay warm in these cold temperatures!

Today the fiance and I are running some errands. So woot on being productive. I have class on tuesdays and thursdays and starting this upcoming Thursday I have a test every day I have class until spring break which us the weeks away. oh man midterms. Here's to trying not to let the stress get to me and being about to stick to my diet and workouts while still being productive in studying. Man!
  • cristina0000
    Options
    Ruthie, that's just awesome! Keep up the good work - soon you will be back into a routine :)

Cristina, how wonderful for you! Congratulations on being the first to the goal - you are inspiring!!!

What do you put in your smoothies? I have not tried them yet, but would like to...

It's 6 degrees right now, with a windchill of -13. Getting ready to leave for my Curves workout - that will warm me up B)

Happy Thursday, all!

Belinda

Here is one green smoothie recipe (Except for the banana, I use all frozen fruit)...

Pineapple Berry

1 frozen, peeled banana
    1 handful pineapple chunks
    1 ½ cups frozen mango chunks
    1 cup frozen mixed berries
    3 handfuls baby spring mix salad greens
    2 handfuls spinach leaves
    3 packets of stevia
    2 cups water
    2 Tablespoons ground flax seeds

OPTIONAL: 1 scoop of protein powder

Place leafy greens and liquid only into blender and blend until mixture is a green juice-like consistency. Stop blender and add remaining ingredients to blender. Blend again until the whole smoothie is a creamy consistency.
  • 4MeThisTyme
    4MeThisTyme Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in! We can totally do this!
  • nuts4labs
    nuts4labs Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm sorry I have been behind on posts and not sure I can catch up, but I have to tell you knowing I have to weigh in on Friday's is motivational!

Belinda so sorry to hear about your brother, you and your family are in my thoughts.

Here are my stats for this week:
    SW 174.3
    LW 172.3
    CW 170.8
    Weeks Completed 3
    GW for the challenge 162
    This weeks loss 1.5lbs
    Total Loss for challenge: 3.5lbs

Glad to have moved the needle on the scale in the right direction after holding flat last week. All this shoveling is certainly a work out! Haven't stepped up the exercise yet still fighting something. I have been totally exhausted actually went to bed when I put the 3 crazies down at 8 three times this week.

I am looking forward to getting into the 60's next week! This will have to keep me motivated as this weekend is full of birthday celebrations for my twins, my son's party is tomorrow and my daughters on Sunday.

Thanks everyone for the support!

Kay, MA

• cristina0000
    Options

Belinda

Sorry to hear about your brother. I'm a breast cancer survivor and I have gone through chemo and radiation treatment myself. I wish him the best...definitely in my prayers.
  • CALIECAT
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm in! We can totally do this!

Welcome 4methhis time. yes we can do this . we must do all of our best to reach our goal.
    Glad to have you with us.
    marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good Friday Morning to everyone.
    Hope you have had a good week.
    Belinda, Sorry to hear about your brother.
    Was an iced mess in our area early this AM.
    Have a great day.
    Nancy

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    SW 183.6
    CW 175.4
    GW 163.6

I did not lose the 1 pound I had hoped for but did lose .02 lbs at least the scale went down.
    I have lost 8.2 pounds since I started here so the march goes on to March and to the end of
    this challenge.

I am inspired by everyone here who loses every week and keeps up the good work.
    The motivation here is what keeps me going too.

BELINDA - I am so sorry to hear about your brother, may he be free from pain soon.
    I lost my BFF this past November and she was 57 and I still can't believe she is gone.
    I miss our talks everyday and just someone to talk to about how you feel. My prayers go out
    to your brother.

I will leaving for the sun and most needed Vitamin D this next week. I will check in everyday
    to keep my days so I will see everyone soon. I will try hard to keep maintenance on my weight so I won 't have too much work to do when I get back. (fingers crossed)

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Had my first happy weigh in for the past 3 weeks....175.7! That's right, back to 175. My loss is at 7.3 pounds since January 1. Hoping the scale keeps inching in the right direction. But I am stronger, and can fit into a few pairs of my old pants, so the progress is happening slowly but surely!

Shirley-I too am marching on to the end of March....I may not make the 20 pound loss, but would be thrilled with 15 pounds!!!!!

Belinda-I pray your brother has more time to spend with his loved ones, and that they come up with a treatment plan to ease his pain. He is lucky to have such a loving and supportive family!

For those of you in storm conditions and freezing conditions, please stay safe, drive carefully, and be warm.

Happy Friday everybody!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Shieley have a wonderful trip. how long will you be gone. Will missed you

marie
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Well it's the end of a great day did good with eating and exercise. Now to spend the evening without uneeded treats.
    Congrats to all you losers for the rest of us just keep trying it will happen.

see you all lighter
    Linda
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Belinda~ so very sorry to hear about your brother... I'll be keeping you all in my prayers and hoping they can find something to give him relief from the pain ❤ My SIL was diagnosed with inoperable Stage 4 pancreatic cancer this time last year. The excruciating pain was the very worst part and I wouldn't wish that (or cancer period!!) on anyone