20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Pancakes and bacon sounds so good think i will just have that for my breakfast.Sounds like a good 1-1=1 BREAKFAST. i may get me some tang sugar free orange juice I guess that would be a 1-1-1-. not sure.
    marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good Morning to everyone. Another cold day so I will be inside today.
    Welcome to new members.
    Congrats to all losers.
    Janice- What an awesome year for you!!!

Happy with my weigh in this morning down .7 lb.

SW- 149
    CW- 144.4
    TL - 4.6
    GW- 125
    Have a great day.
    Nancy
  • MsLadyPirate
    MsLadyPirate Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Good morning losers! A beautiful day here in Arizona. Line dancing this morning then going to a dance at the Senior Center this evening. Busy day for me today.
    Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Zumba and pilates last night was cancelled last night cause of the weather. I'm definitely going to make up for it tonight. Trying out a Tuesday night zumba class. I just have to rush there from class. Hopefully I make it on time!

Marie - I'm sorry to hear about your eyes. I hope your appointment goes well in March.

Congratulations to all our losers! My weigh in us tomorrow, but when I jumped on the scale this morning I was very happy with the results but I'll wait until tomorrow to reveal it.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Connie, Belinda, Nancy- thank you for your encouragement, I hope everyone has a great day, still snowed in, I need to start counting days till spring, tired of winter.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hello Losers,

I will try and keep up this week, I have some things to get done before I leave for vacation.

Pretty much packed and got my pedicure this morning, funny walking out with flip flops in the snow. :o

I am trying to get down one more pound this week before I go. I wish everyone luck this week.

Shirley
    Ontario, Canada 3F but sunny
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your holiday Shirley, I'm soooooooo jealous.
    Linda.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Thanks Linda, its been a tough winter so some sun will be most enjoyable.

Shirley
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Losers! Happy Hump Day.
    Yesterday our village had a fun Mardi Graz party. I did taste my kids cotton candy but I logged it.

We are counting down our days here before heading over the border for one more hooray in Germany and then flying back home to the USA. We can't wait to be home!

It will be challenging to stick to my eating plan while traveling but I will do my best. I won't let it be an excuse to eat over my limit.

Hope everyone has a great day!
    Ruthie in Austria
  • sparklecomet
    sparklecomet Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day everyone! Hope everyone had a fun pancake Tuesday yesterday! I'm off to Paris on Friday so it's going to be a test to try and control myself there!
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Wednesday!
    Ruthie and Sparkle..although you are faced with food challenges, don't let it spoil your fun! Enjoy it!

Gym day...personal training and Aquafit for me.

Cold, cloudy, and windy today, but it could be much worse. For those of you who have been snowed in, I hope you get a reprieve today...sunshine maybe? B)

Regardless of the weather where you reside, if you are reading this, that means you are blessed with another day, so enjoy it the best you can.

Stay strong!
    Connie

• Edang1968
    Options
    Hi all.... read a few of your posts.. what is this one one one diet you are following? I am on board to lose 18lbs by Easter, but following a strict 1200 calorie per day eating plan. I'm in week #3, and only joined MFP earlier this week ( on advice of a friend). Logging my food intake is helping.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,949 Member
    Options
    The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.

Gretchen Rubin, the author of several great books including "The Happiness Project" wrote this list of loopholes that people invoke to justify getting off the path to what they want.

The ten — yes, ten — categories of loopholes are:

1. False choice loophole – “I can’t do this, because I’m so busy doing that” – this is one I often use, myself

2. Moral licensing loophole — “I’ve been so good, it’s okay for me to do this”

3. Tomorrow loophole — “It’s okay to skip today, because I’m going to do this tomorrow”

4. Lack of control loophole — “I can’t help myself”

5. Planning to fail loophole, formerly known as the “Apparently irrelevant decision loophole”

6. “This doesn’t count” loophole – “I’m on vacation” “I’m sick” “It’s the weekend”

7. Questionable assumption loophole — “the label says it’s healthy”

8. Concern for others loophole — “I can’t do this because it might make other people uncomfortable”

9. Fake self-actualization loophole – “You only live once! Embrace the moment!”

10. One-coin loophole –“What difference does it make if I break my habit this one time?”

• Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Shirley, I hope you have a wonderful vacation. Soak up enough vitamin D for all of us.

Barbie thanks for the excuss list I find myself doing those myself. Sometimes the moment just seems so much more important than the long term.

Weigh in day for me!
    Sw 223
    Cw 212.2
    Cgw 203
    Ugw 130

That's a weight loss of 3 lbs this week! I had 2.6 lady week. I hope I'm not losing to fast. I don't starve myself and I actually had some been and Jerry's this week as a little treat though I had 1/4 of the container to make it not so bad on my calories and such. I think maybe the weight loss had to do with a Probiotic my doctor prescribed for my immune system but it also boasts weight loss and maybe ask the Zumba I'm doing? I just hope I'm not doing this in an unhealthy way. I'm happy with the results just a little concerned
  • beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Glad you are back, Mrs. Muckster! Your vacation sounds wonderful, and renewing your vows - what a lovely thing! <3

Ruthie and Shirley - enjoy your trips and Shirley, please bring some warm and sun back north to us!

Kenea, it sounds as though you are getting enough calories and are eating a healthy diet, so I wouldn't worry about the quick loss. Give it the next couple weeks to see if it slows down. You are doing great!

Happy Hump Day, everyone!

Belinda
  • beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Sparkle, OMGoodness, Paris! Enjoy yourself, and mind the temptations! B)
  • pattykaye33
    pattykaye33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I may be a little late but I'd like to participate.

SW 205
    CW 191
    CGW 189 (doing 5 lb goals at a time)
    UGW 140
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    hi all!! congrats to all of you losers!! i am actually down .4 this week and will take it! remember this is a marathon and not a race.

for those that have inquired about the one one one diet, there is a group on mfp that we started. the diet =, if you want to call it that, lets you have whatever you want to eat as long a you eat a carb, protein and fat together. additionally, there is obviously portion control but no food is off limits. it is really great!

everyone who is traveling, have a great time!!
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I've not done well lately, can't seem to get motivated. I'm hoping to get in gear with my birthday basically behind me.
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    1crvygrl wrote: »
    Thanks for all the birthday wishes! I've not done well lately, can't seem to get motivated. I'm hoping to get in gear with my birthday basically behind me.

Today is your Birthday Icrvygarl. Have a wonderful day.
    867450smkwcfc87r.gif
    Marie