20 pounds by Easter challenge

Options

Replies

• cristina0000
    cristina0000 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!!

Just want to take a peek and see what everyone has been up to. Welcome to all the new people and I hope everyone stays motivated and encouraged today!
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day to everyone.
    Well another day of freezing rain and snow later today!!
    Welcome to the new people, you will find support with this group.
    Congrats to this weeks losers.
    Nancy

• kamzzzzi
    Options
    You are all so nice and supportive here :smile: ! I love it!
  • Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Welcome Bella! At home non supporters are hard to deal with. my fiance like to eat out ask the time and the other day he made me brownies from scratch. which is a great gesture and those are my weakness. But it doesn't help with my long term goals.

Kelly - be period for what you have already accomplished! Be seeing to keep going. I did a happy dance for you. keep up the great work!

Weigh in day for me! Didn't lose any weight but I also didn't gain Abby. I was a littLe lose with my food choices this week but viable on track this week and I'm going to see the scale move down.
    Sw 223
    Cw 212.2
    Gw 135
    total loss for this challenge 10.8lb
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Barbie as a maintained member here. your tips are always welcome.
    We got snow tis morning. but not sticking around to cause trouble like the sleet did Monday. But still cold.
    marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    So many post this morning and enjoy reading everyone of them. we got a bunch of losers here. Thanks to each and everyone of you.

Marie
  • Erica_Mahan
    Erica_Mahan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I want in! I know I'm late to the party but this sounds fun!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I hope it is more fun than sticking your tongue out at us.
    marie

• slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    holding steady!! no loss for me this week, but no gain either. going with no gain, I'm happy:)
  • rayw89
    rayw89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'm going to feel guilty by the end of the night. Definitely going over on my calories today. I never eat the extra calories exercise gives me, but tonight I definitely have. Went to dinner with friends and ate too much. I need to be very careful tomorrow, we'll probably be taking a friend to lunch, and our apt. office is doing a remodel reveal with "nibbles and drinks". And then on Saturday I have a baby shower and a birthday party to go to. I'm hoping the restaurant tomorrow has a small salad, and I'm hoping the office event has veggies and fruit, and hoping the baby shower has fruits/veggies, and *really* hoping the b-day party has fruits and veggies.
    I was hoping to be at 165 by the weekend, but I think I'll be lucky if I go below my weigh in today at 168.8. We'll see.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Rayw89-I think your pretty safe at the restaurant, they should have salad, maybe get one with grilled chicken in it, or soup with your salad. If you only have a small salad you might be hungry for the office party. You could tell person, who is getting food, to get a vegetable plate. I use to be the one who organized functions at work and I would have listened, if it was reasonable. Sometimes its not as bad as we think it is going to be.
  • rayw89
    Options
    Yeah I think my safest outing will be the restaurant. Luckily it's just a minute down the street from me if we do go, so a salad will be fine. Though I don't eat meat. I'll probably have oatmeal for breakfast so that should stick a little. :)
    I'd be surprised if there isn't a veggie tray at the baby shower, those seem to be a staple at certain events, so fingers crossed. The good thing about not eating meat is that most foods other people serve are off-limits, so it makes it easy not to indulge. :) If the office event doesn't have anything healthy I just won't stay long. And I just remembered, I'll probably be faced with cake at the b-day party. Hmmm.
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a plan, good luck, you can always say no thank you, or take a small piece of cake and incorporate into your calories, for the day. Enjoy all your upcoming functions!
  • rayw89
    Options
    Thank you! Happily I didn't go over my calories today, just ended up eating my "extra" calories from exercise.
  • LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Every body is doing it doing it doing it. I like when people do the happy dance. I can join you this week. Not a big loss but down a lb at tops last night. 1 lb a week adds up to pretty good. Going to get rid of the pea soup today. That is slowing me down. Going to replace it with a good veg. soup.
    Cold again this morning it's so cold I hate leaving the house. -37 even the ravens haven't been over for there food the last few days.
    I forgot to bring John the pea soup last night. But i'm not eating anymore of it. I'll put it in a container and freeze it until I find someone who wants it. Way to many calories and carbs in a bowl hardly worth it.
    I made two blueberry pies and these are blueberries I picked myself. And two Chocolate cream pies. The grandkids liked those. All I had was a very tiny piece probably less than I put in my journal. But sooner be over than under. Don't want to cheat myself.
    Well now it's on to a good day.

See you all lighter
    Linda in the cold cold Northern Ontario -37.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Good morning, losers! Happy Thursaday!

Ray.. You will make good decisions because this is a lifestyle..you can have your cake and eat it, too! o:)
    Linda.. Congrats on your loss! I cannot imagine -37!!!

I hope everyone stays warm today; spring is just around the corner!

Stay strong!
    Connie
  • beszmytke
    beszmytke Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Ray, hold steady on your choices and you will be fine! Make sure to either eat something healthy before, or take something with you in case all the choices are bad ones at your events. You can do it!

Erica - welcome to the party! The Easter challenge will be over in a few weeks, but we will be immediately starting one for July 4th, so no worries!

My check-in day is Wednesday at Curves, and I lost two pounds last week! So happy to see that number!

Have a great Thursday, and let's all be losers today :)
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    "You won't fail if you're not perfect, you'll fail if you're not committed to improving yourself slightly each day"

I love this quote. After returning two weeks from vacation, I had gained 2.5 pounds and was back to my pre-vacation weight last week, but after Chinese food at my MIL, a baby shower with cake on Saturday, and Thai food with my daughter over the weekened, I have "only" maintained this week. Oh did I mention the Hersheys kisses that have been calling my name every night this week (not just one). Though I should not expect a loss, I am satisfied that I haven't gained. I was excellent with my activity while on vacation but haven't done a thing since getting back home. I know I may/may not make my goal of 20 by Easter (about 14 to go) I'm back in the saddle again. I've been telling myself this all week, but now that I'm putting it in writing, it will make it so, right?
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    I hope it is more fun than sticking your tongue out at us.
    marie

Sorry I was so harsh yesterday. to you. I take this thread very seriously But if you need us we are here for you. welcome to our team.
    Marie

• Kenea993
    Kenea993 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to a good day. Today starts midterms for me and I am stressed. Trying to stay as relaxed as possible but can't be to relaxed or I won't study. I'm going to focus on getting through this without over eating. I will be very happy to maintain weight butt my goal us to still loser. I'm such an awful stress Easter. This is just another hurdle to get over :) everyone stay warm and keep losing! Off to class now. I'll catch you all later!